Amazing Movie Prime Mods

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Nov 5, 2007.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I've never seen these mods before, but was amazed at the legnths this guy goes on some of these....

Flickr page

here are some samples of his LED, leg, and back mods...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SonRay

SonRay Banned

wow, those are AMAZING! I want to know how he does it so i can buy an extra LDR class Prime and do the same!

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I wish i knew, if you go to his flickr page, there are some Step-by-steps, but no detials or descriptions. I assume these were posted on a board of some sort.

I don't know if i wanna open cans of worms like this....

[​IMG]

4. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

Man I just bought a Leader Prime and I thought he was perfect but holy cow! Those mods really make that figure a billion times better.

The one I like the most is the back one. It just looks so much better.

The fact that it transforms is also amazing. I wish he had step by steps so that others could do this!

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Pretty cool, but something just doesn't click... maybe when it's finished

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    well, he has pics on the flickr page, of alt mode, etc. seems to transform fine. to an extent.

7. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I demand a tutorial!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome. Looks soooo much more accurate. Dunno if I'd bother with all the lighting though. That'd be a hassle with all the wiring, though it'd be worth it!!

8. SonRay

SonRay Banned

Maybe if we all team together and hassle the man he'll supply us with a tut'?

9. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm already talking to him...

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    holly crap... I didnt think that there would have been a way to even allow him to still transform, but the way it looks, hes keeping the transformation... anyone think that there would be a way to contact him, and get him over to the boards so he make a follow along??

EDIT: ok, I just read the rest of the posts, and everyones saying the same thing.... nvm, still looks cool as hell tho.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks neat, but too bad he had to hack out a big part of the truck's rear in alt mode.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    There's got to be some part-forming going on there - there's just too many truck parts missing on the robot, like the engine compartment sides he took off the back.

Hard to tell WTF is going on there, really.

13. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bot mode looks pretty good. Not so sure about the vehicle mode yet.

Look forward to seeing where this goes.

14. mugen_prime

After looking at the pics closer I think there IS some piece-forming going on. It still looks freaking cool! And truck mode after doing his new frame rails actually looks more accurate too. Keep in mind it looks like he's far from done with it, so it's not finished.

15. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

Wow, makes the bot mode look pretty good. Hope he can make some sort of tutorial or explanation, I just want to know what he did exactly.

16. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    well, I'm in conversation with the guy. Turns out there are parts that need to be detached and put back on for transformation, but imo, he's done a great job on robot mode, really thinking outside the box.

He's gonna send me some text tutorial on how to make the back look like his. Once i get a chance, I will post the info.

17. mugen_prime

Although.... even though it's a piece-former, that's still movie accurate. Pretty much all the transformations in the movie involve some parts coming right off and attaching somewhere else. either way I don't really care cos it still looks great in both modes!

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's not the same thing, since the parts never detatch from the robot in the movie.

I guess I'll just play the minority and say I'm not a fan of these mods. For one, the head din't turn out right. I can see what he was going for, but it looks sloppy, and since it's the only part painted, I think it's finished. The legs look great, but I kinda like Leader Prime with porportionate legs, though that's just me, and it is still very cool. The vehicle mode doesn't look very good at all, but I highly doubt it's going to be left in that state it's in. I really like the chest LEDs, but over all there's just too much light. (though it is plastic) And the wheel mod is cool, though it is a major part forming, well, it's not really part forming at all because the covers don't go anywhere in robot mode.

19. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Upon looking at more pics, I can see that it's actually pretty sloppy. The head could be better, and the back seems a bit messy

20. mugen_prime

The transformations in the movie DID actually have parts completely detaching and reattaching somewhere else. Bumblebee's front wheels for example. When ratchet transforms his front wheels start out atached to his arms and then move to a completely different spot. If you've seen the animated basic 3D model of optimus that shows his transformation you can see part-forming too.