Minor/Repaint: Amateur Legion Deluxe Crowbar

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cranckasional, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amateur Legion Deluxe Crowbar W.I.P.

So I gave up on Hasbro, and I had to take manners to my own hands; I just could not have Cranckase and Hatchet WITHOUT Crowbar. I thought about buying another cranckase and adding long dreads to it but, after seeing SO MANY customs (VERY SICK Customs, don't get me wrong now) I realized that to me, they still looked like Cranckase (ESPECIALLY THE FACE), plus for some reason I just see Crowbar as a slim, tall robot which Cranckase' body was not doing it for me. Another problem was the alternate mode, I really wanted it to transform into an SUV but then I remembered Legion Class Crowbar and the idea hit me:

[​IMG]

Materials used ( SO FAR )-
    1. Rotf Deluxe Lockdown
    2. A LONG cable cut into eight equal small cables
    3. A Cellphone charger whose usb is slim enough to fit into lockdowns lower groove on the back of his neck

I started off by modding the neck, I simply shaved a bit of his upper collar so that he can look forward while he bents forward.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For his bottom teeth I just cut off his side fangs (or whatever they are) and glued them to his jaw.

[​IMG]

For the dreads, I cutted the usb entrance of the cell phone charger to serve as a base, then I glued all 8 cables to it (It kinda makes it look like a pony tail :D )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is what I have so far:

[​IMG]

TO DO LIST:
    -Find a police Siren that I can glue to the top of the car (where the Decepticon logo is)
    -Find a fair of hands to replace his hand and hook but can hold a weapon (I AM HOPING that Fakebusters Dread upgrade kit Crowbar hands that he is making will somehow work here)
    -Paint (Adding a bit of orange-gold will for sure give him the "Dread" feeling to him, I am not sure if I should remove the Green in alternate mode or replace it with black,,, I would like an opinion on that)

I know this won't work for many, but it works for me and its a different take on crowbar, and Even though he does not transform into an SUV, the fact that I am going to try to make his alternate mode look like a police car makes up for it (but again, this is my preference)

Constructive Criticism Welcome :) 

[​IMG]

2. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    How do I upload a thumbnail???

3. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Think he's a little big, maybe you could crunch up the legs?
    If you could somehow make him an S.U.V., you, my friend, would be godly.

4. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    The "Big" part is true, but I can deal with it, plus if you curve his back forward that takes height off him and gives him a nice pose. As for the SUV thing, I will leave that to more advanced Radicons, This has to be my second post here so I am not that good.

5. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Very original and clever ideas here! I like what you're doing!

6. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Um I'd put the dread in a row down his back , if you look at the actual movie after he crashes into iron hide and is flying through the air you can see the dreads coming out of his back in a vertical row, just a suggestion.
    Other then that he is looking extremely promising dude ;)  can't wait to see the final product :D 

7. Zendai

Zendai Minicon Addict

I like it, I might have to "borrow" this idea.

8. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    I honestly though about that, and it is possible to do that using a long lego piece and gluing the dreads in a row but, for some reason the pony tail appeals to me more, I'd like to see someone do that tho or maybe a version 2.0 later on, thanks :) 
    Sure, go ahead :)  just make sure to post it on tfw so I can see it :D 

9. Cranckasional

News Credits:
    Thank You