AM12-Breakdown Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Exodus, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ThatOddGuy

ThatOddGuy That Odd Guy's title

THANK YOU XD

Hmm....I can't say I'm digging that Micron too much....maybe it's the color? I mean, I never liked Target masters or PCC Minicon-thingies much....of course it works on Soundwave...and Megatron's blaster is just badass enough, but I'm just not feeling that hammer. :/

I hope Hasbro doesn't screw the weapon up too badly though....

2. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Is there any place left to pre-order Breakdown?

3. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'm wondering if Breakdown will be released in the US, so I went and looked for some background on previous lines. For the record:

Animated: 7 deluxe waves released, wave 7 was hard to find for a lot of people (repaints of Jazz and Soundwave). 6 waves of Voyagers released, wave 6 rarely saw big box retail but was easy to find at discount retail (Wreck-Gar and Lugnut repaint).

DoTM: 6 waves of deluxes announced, wave 6 cancelled in the US. There were only 4 waves of voyagers, with Wave 4 only having one new mold.

Prime: So far there are 5 waves announced with pics of the figures, wave 5 including Kup and Rumble. We're currently on Wave 3/4 at US retail, not seeing the Wave 4 revision yet. We're on Wave 2 of voyagers. Officially, Hasbro has only shown Skyquake in prototype form for anything close to the US market. I have been unable to find anything close to "official" about what is in Wave 3 or beyond that.

TL, DR: No guarantee either way. Hasbro's been unusually stingy with news this year. It's still early for the Prime Voyagers, and there's enough time to see more. This is assuming that Prime is going on for at least one more season on TV and at retail. I would (cautiously) assume that we'll see the announcements at SDCC.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The line is still young and has a long life ahead of it, with lots of voyager slots to fill. There's no way we won't see this mold, as breakdown, released at some point. Worst case scenario, it'll be a store exclusive.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wave 6, so no, they line "focus" won't be changing by then.

6. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow I wish I had kept my pre-order for him on BBTS. He looks AWESOME!!! I had assumed that we would get a US release. But, it seems that MAY not be the case and Breakdown MAY be an Asian exclusive.

I frantically tried to find him online and it appeared that stores were no longer taking any pre-orders. However, after searching and searching I found him on Plamoya.

Here is the link for anyone that may want to pre-order him: Transformer Prime - AM-12 War Breakdown Transformers : PLAMOYA

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Me actually having Hasbro version DOTM Wheeljack aside, totally not the same situation. Wheeljack and Soundwave were just casualties of an unusally severe case of "end of the line" syndrome. The TFP line isn't even close to that right now.

And for those saying if we get Breakdown, it's going to be done as a completely different mold, that's just freaking stupid. It's beyond stupid. The whole "Japan-only" thing refers just to the AM version.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, I am SO sorry that I canceled my preorder for this guy a couple months back. :( 

9. mfic99us

mfic99us Stunticon

Ebay:
    Seconded! The Microns never hit it off with me, as well as all the extra ports they stick on the figure itself. I will be interested to see how they treat the weapon on the US version. With our luck they might just repaint Bulkheads flip out weapon and stick a spinning hammer on it:drunk 

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, glad I preordered this one, especially with the US release uncertain. Looking forward to getting him in and having another character for my Prime 'Con shelf. And also getting my first Arms Micron along with him.

11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I'd pre-ordered this now. This looks great, and a U.S. release seems unlikely. Hopefully some online stores will get a re-stock soon.

12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last place I know of...

Toyarena

13. ThatOddGuy

ThatOddGuy That Odd Guy's title

I'm more scared of us not getting a Hardshell...

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks!

15. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    If Hasbro does indeed come out with a version than their failure to tell us about it might be some sick twisted genus. Don't say anything and let the frenzy build.

Of course, that is a booby trapped road considering how many people are running to Takara. I would think if there is a season 3 for Prime then perhaps he's been put on the back burner until next year rather than risking an end of year cancellation like so many others have been over the past few years.

16. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always say "Judging from some news, he's a Japanese exclusive. No US release.", but many guys do NOT believe it! :p 

17. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    "Some news" would then be a rumor because it's only reported by some, and not all people.

18. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Japanese hobby magazine says "Japanese exclusive".
    No Hasbro news.
    No Hasbro announce.
    No Hasbro pics.

But many fans believe "Hasbro can do EVERYTHING!! Even all exclusives!!"...?

OMG!? :lol 

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Because:

A: Arms Microns are exclusive

B: Newer fans know that older fans were spoiled and have high expectations while shrugging off mean, but true nicknames such as Hasblow.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There was no news, announcements, of pictures for japan to get the classics or animated lines for about a year after they finished in the US. They still got them.

Wasn't Cybertron the last time we saw an actual regional exclusive mold in a main line? I don't see any reason to think it would happen again.

Hasn't Takara solicited things before as "japan exclusive", and it's only meant "the US hasn't got it yet"?