am i wrong to be upset?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

fine, scratch the megatron thing, just hit her with a waffle

2. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Have you tried to understand from her why she doesn't like your fiancee?

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My other half came up with a GREAT idea, similar to Jux's in fact.

If she shaves her head, let her be a bridesmaid, but stand her on the outside of any photos...

Then you can just crop her!

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I say if she does shave her head do the famous joke about"how about painting flowers on your head so it looks nicer?"

Jux idea about public humiliation- because keeping that picture would lead to an insane ammount of blackmail potential-believe me I know-

and/ or crop her from the pictures like tikgnat sugested.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If there are any kids at the wedding, give them a dollar to snatch your sister's wig and run away with it. Have a camera ready, hilarity will ensue.

Edit: I mean after the ceremony of course. Probably the reception would be the best time.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think this is the best idea ever. If she does end up bald and in the wedding, I will be very upset if I don't see pics of this.

In fact, I would contribute to see them.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I third the "kid snatches the wig" idea. Get it on film and put it to the Benny Hill theme. Hilarity.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Take wedding pics with the whole party and if possible, seperate ones with everyone but her. That way you have flexibility between dignity and humiliation in the future.

9. Robb Wilder

Robb Wilder Rip Em Open, Set em Free! TFW2005 Supporter

the important thing to remember is .. Your Fiance is marrying you not your family. You are marrying your Fiance not yours or hers family. You are starting a FAMILY of your own now and its time to put some things behind you. I will warn you the first 2 years I was married the ONLY problems I had was with Her family trying to control/butt in on everything and the fact I bought a brave max but thats another story. You have to take control of this situation NOW. Dont let your family run your New family or you will have alot of tears.

and if this doesnt work. Have her on the edge of all the pics with some spacing inbetween I like that idea ... and if shes on the edge they can snatch the wig easier.

10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Just have fun with it. Get away from all the mundane, dull, boring, uninteresting typical wedding BS. If she has hair, nobody cares. If she's bald, then at least there will be SOMETHING to talk about when you look back at the wedding. Really, the traditional wedding crap is about the most boring waste of massive amounts of money ever. You should welcome almost anything that can add some life and flare to the proceedings. The only thing you should really be concerned about are getting through the vows, and the wedding night. Hair....it's completely insignifcant.

11. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

that is better than my waffle idea, i fourth that

12. TheJacker

TheJacker Banned

grab her wigg and die it blue and if she complains tell her to go smurf herself!

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Perfect. if she wants to look like a boiled egg in your wedding photos, humiliate her for it as often as possible.

14. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

though, I can see her defence years and years later. One that might be hard to criticize her for....and thats the whole charity / kids with cancer thing.

So about the time you whip out the pics to humiliate her she can retort with pride and you look like a duche.

I still say she cant participate, she can attend and sit with everyone else, just not participate. If she ends up in a photo or two, oh well but by not participating it should be like she wasnt there...

15. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Man, that idea is smurfed up! What the smurf is wrong with you?

...kidding, but I couldn't resist. Maybe we should replace curses with variations of smurf for awhile. It would be entertaining.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I agree that it is your wedding. we had much drama but i told both sides of the family that I was giving my wife the wedding she wanted and if they didnt like it, too bad and i didnt back down. guess what, we all had a great time and enjoyed it , and they got over their disagreements.

17. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    thats actually the best thing ive heard in a long time....

anyway, we had a huge explosion the other night, i talked to my parents alot, and it turns out they are pissed about TONS of things we are doing (dark brown suits, converse shoes, me keeping my beard, not getting married in a catholic ceremony even though neither of us are catholic and she's never been and more) alotta crap came out. including alotta things they could have told us sometime in the last year we've been engaged, not 2 months before the wedding...but whatever....i left pissed and they at least said theyd talk to my sister, which was good, since before it was blindly following her....(earlier however, my dad said if he had to choose between supporting me (his oldest) or her (his youngest) he would support her....that pissed me off, not that its unexpected, im a dissapointment all around to my dad...but whatever....

the next day (yesterday) i took a sick day from work, and we had our tasting at the place we are having the ceremony and reception....we talked alot, and realized that the ceremony is only gonna be 30 minutes or so...and we arent gonna cause a huge battle over this...we arent happy with her decision, but we arent gonna cause a huge family drama over it....(though the wig is really just the boiling over point, theres plenty of smurf my parents would love to have control over) but, we are going to let her wear a wig...my parents said they would go get the wig this next week, so we can see her in it...which is another good step for them....and the last thing my mom said weds night during the explosion was that worst case scenario, we can laugh at her later, and when it comes time for my sister to get married, my fiance and i can dye our hair funny colors.....and that will be great....so, still unhappy my sister is being stupid, but i should be used to it....she's had the same attitude (spoiled bratty get want i want) forever...thanks to my parents spoiling her....but whatever, i love my fiance, and our wedding is gonna kick ass....and maybe even a benny hill video could get us on americas funniest home videos....

theres also probably alot im leaving out because i honestly cant remember....my brain sucks sometimes....which made it hard to relay information to my fiance who was so upset she didnt want to go with me....but it seems we've moved to a higher level, and are just not gonna deal with the bullsmurf anymore...my sister still claims she never had a defiant attitude, but i honestly think she just doesnt realize shes a bitch....oh well...

18. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

You know what? That type of shit ended between my parents and I when I was about thirteen. It's a bitch, but when you realize your parents are pissed off every time they can't micromanage any part of your life, it's time to start laying down the law. Yeah, it's painful. Yeah, it sucks. But dealing with the couple months of fallout from telling them they can eat-it every time they think they have control over you is a lot better than putting up with them telling you how disappointed they are in you every time you decide to wear a t-shirt out shopping instead of lacing up the suit and tie for the rest of your life.

And if you're still dealing with that kind of crap when you're getting married, it's DEFINITELY time to end it. I know trying to avoid drama is "the nice thing" to do, but if you don't end it now, you'll have them telling you how to raise your kids in a few years.

And if your parents want to make it a competition between you and your sister, forfeit. Just walk away. Don't be a bitch about it, but just tell them that it's fine, she needs them, you don't, and be done with them.

I don't tolerate being micromanaged by parents, and the idea that there are people who are adults who still allow it to happen, or even allow them the option of THINKING that it's going to be allowed to happen, just sends me right over the edge. My parents are allowed to express opinions about my life, but god help them if they try telling me how I'm screwing up my life by making choices they wouldn't.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry Lumpy, you keep saying chick in a wig and I keep thinking:

[​IMG]

20. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

so you're doing dark brown suits, and converse shoes....and you're not EMBRACING something like your sister in a wig, or bald? I don't get it.

I still say this is a lot of fuss over something as completely insignificant as hair.

Does seem like your family has a lot of other issues you need to work out though, much more important ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.