am i wrong to be upset?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I'm sure Lumpy wouldn't find it funny if his sister, who's already shown a knack of trying to screw him over, filed assault charges against him before his wedding.

2. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

how can you go to jail for clicking classic megs in someone's face?

3. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Isn't it rather shallow to be basing he level of participation on how she looks? Would you tell her she couldn't be a bridesmaid if she was ugly or fat or physically handicapped in some way?
    If you want to have her involved then have her involved because she's your sister and you love her, not because she'll look nice in the photo.
    If you're going to drop her, drop her because she's being petty cow not because of how she looks.
    If she's shaving her head because she thinks it will mess up your day, drop her for her attitude not because of how she looks. By dropping her for her appearance you'll be sinking to her petty level, be above that and give her the boot for thinking you to be shallow and trying to mess with you through that.

4. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

your avatar scares me(runs away cause eyes are on fire)

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I say drop her off.

I wrote this off once at the end of a chapter I was writing "Its our love its our life its our friggin reasons, Screw everyone else who doesnt agree with us. Its what we make it and what we chose not what THEY chose, is up to us and only us."

I must say that you should talk to them and use the wording AMS because is damn good. and if they dont understand....well their problem its your day, and your life

6. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    do you have an aunt or an uncle you can disscuss this with who might be able to talk some sense into your family, or a neutral 3rd party whose on your side like a long time family friend. i remember when my sister was like 18 and she ran off one night to a party 2 hours away with someone she met on the internet without telling us, talking to her was impossible so my mom called her sister who got her daughter (me and my sisters cousin) to phone her up and have a few choice words, she was back before the end of the night.

if worse comes to worse just keep her out of the wedding photos or make sure you have ones taken with the people you want in, shes the one whose gonna look an appsaloute muppet and regret it when everyone sees her and laughs at her

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Get a counselor. I don't know if you're having a religious-based wedding, but maybe the priest/minister/rabbi/Pirate Captain/whatever could help. If not, I'm sure you could find a good psychologist that could help everyone straighten things out with a minimum of bloodshed.

8. Jux

It could be ruled assault with a weapon (simulated or real, as cartoonish as something may look, it's real easy to be considered "armed"). And, as previously discussed in other threads, you don't even have to touch someone for it to be "assault." She could say she feared for her life, and that she didn't know it wasn't a real gun, or even if she did, that she feared he'd get a real weapon and really hurt her.

So, he'd be arrested at the time the cops show up, probably be able to bail himself out, and then likely be sentenced to a 12-24 month term of probation, depending on state laws. With luck he'd get a deferred sentence and it'd be off his record once he's finished.

9. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most people don't choose to be ugly, fat, or physically handicapped. If his post was "Gee whiz my sister sure is a fat, ugly cow. I dunno what to do guys, but I really don't want this ugly chick messing up my photos!!". It's not even remotely like that. This girl/woman (sorry didn't catch the age) is doing this seemingly out of spite. I don't buy the bullshit 'charity' story either. Sounds like she is just being a bitch, honestly. As you said...charities always take hair for children's wigs. It does NOT have to be done for some kind of event.

I also disagree with those that say "it's just another day". My wife and I had just about the most relaxed, stress-free, and un-traditional wedding ever. We went to Vegas with no friends or family, we stayed at an awesome hotel, got severely drunk, had lots of alone time, and got married in a drive-thru limo. All of this on June 6th, 2006, as well (666, lol). It was perfect for us and the type of people we are. And I can GUARENTEE you, if even one of those days were anything less than perfect it would have been a scar on our memories. Yes, the marriage will be fine, but to have such a gigantic memory tarnished sucks beyond belief. We made it work just fine, but if there would have been some annoying family member in their screwing stuff up, I would have been pissed. ;) 

Lumpy, I don't know you but I know that your sister is bein a bitch. Wedding days are important no matter what level of tradition you are going with. It's the beginning of your new lives together, and that should be perfect. Axe the sister, screw what your family thinks. You definitely have the "i told you so" card if you need to play it. They can be pissed about it all they want, but it is YOUR wedding. They don't have a say here.

The only thing you need to make sure is that you don't get *too* insane about making the big day perfect. That's when it goes south because you get too wrapped up in it and you end up having shitty memories about it anyway. But this one is pretty glaring. Nip it in the butt before it gets too far along and you can't find a replacement.

-D

10. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm getting at.
    He should be dropping her for being a bitch who thinks him and his fiance to be shallow, petty people and then trying to get to them in a shallow and petty manner.
    To drop her for looking different is just as shallow and petty as her.
    She'll be getting dropped because of her hair, but the reason behind it makes a big difference.

11. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you should drop her from the wedding no question. But if you do decide to let her remain a bridesmaid, always make her stand on the end when photos are taken...then just crop her put of all of them.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Call me when your priest doesn't show. Otherwise it's all trivial BS.

And I demand you wish me a Happy Birthday in your vows.

13. Jux

"May God Bless this union, and Wreckgar too."

14. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire Yamato is go! ;D

Light her hair on fire......

Joke!
    If you want to mess with her, tell her you'll go with her to support her and tell your mom you want her to come with the two of you (Under the pretense of mending fences or some Dr. Phil bullshit) If its really a charity event, then theres nothing you can do about it, but you got some brownie points with your mom and family, but if your sister is lying out her ass, like it sounds like, she'll be busted and made to look like an idiot. "I thought you said this was a charity event? I dont see anyone else. Hmmmm...lets ask the barbers if they know whats going on/"
    The important thing is to get your mom involved in it so she wants to go with you and your sister.

15. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Save yourself the hassle. Drop her as a Bridesmaid now.

Your other half has always had problems with your family. So this would be another one? What difference would that make? Your sister and Mum would still dislike her, and frown upon your union.

Family is important, but NOT at the sake of your own happiness. And rather than trying to be diplomatic all your lives about things, face them, outright, then and there.

Put your fiancee first, and YOU tell your sister she's no longer the Bridesmaid. That way its not your fiancees discision, its yours. And whatever grief comes your way (and it will) take it like a man. For her sake.

16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't read all the responses as I came late to the game, but bear with me here.

There's two ways to deal with a person like this.

1. Treat it like it doesn't matter. The only reason she's being a bitch is because she knows it gets under your skin. If you just say, "Oh, that sounds nice," and let it go with that, she'll eventually realize what she's doing and either turn it around, or follow through. Either way, she'll not have that "I'M STANDING UP FOR MY RIGHTS!" attitude about as she's done it on her own for no real reason.

2. Ignore her altogether. Drop her from your life and cut her out. I had a relative I had to do this with. To the point where, as much as I loved his kids, I don't even talk to them anymore. Sometimes a person is just such a bitch about every little thing that the only viable option is to remove yourself from their vicinity. If your sister is one of these people, cut her out and forget it. Your life will be better without the drama.

Neither is easy to do, but either one is better than allowing the drama she wants to create to continue.

17. Jux

If she shaves her head, I say leave her in the wedding.

In fact, get her in as many photos as possible so that many years from now, she'll still be reminded what a child she was.

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Best idea ever.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that actually is a great idea...i talked to my fiance last night, and she said she doesnt care anymore...my sister can be an immature spoiled brat, and my fiance doesnt want to ruin the possibility of a relationship with them down the road. so, for now, she said to just drop it. but im still seriously pissed off. my mom and sister and being such terds....i think i may call my grandma...shes a good one to have, except she already dislikes my mom, so that could cause more problems then its worth....but, regardless, im still uber pissed....and dont know what to do....

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jux's suggestion rocks. :D 

If your fiancee doesn't really care now, but it's still bugging you, -and- you guys don't want to cause a potential family throwdown: Follow the Jux example and take the highest road. Your sister's going to be the one wearing a wig at a wedding. Make a joke of it. I'm guessing a big irritation is how she's the one laughing, so since it's your guys' damn day make it so YOU'RE the ones laughing in the end.

At her. >.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.