Am I the only phew who thinks T3 title is a good fit for the films plot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Oct 7, 2010.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

Am I the only few who thinks T3 title is a good fit for the films plot

What I do not get is allot of fans bitching about the title. I have a hard time going against the T3 title, we do not know for sure what the plot is going to be. But for me, the moon has a big part to play on how shockwave megatron and the rest of the decepticons plan to do with the moon - or how the moon is used. It is a fitting title that makes sense, and I do not see any problem with the title.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

They're complaining because they named the movie after a Pink Floyd album and then made a typo.

3. megatron6661

well I look at it this way, if transformers 3 is like pink floyd we are in for a treat

4. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

We know the TF3 plot?

Snarky comment aside, I don't mind the title. It's a bit clunky, yes, but it has an actual meaning (and I don't mean the silly astrology/horoscope thing that I've seen linked to a few times now). It's the 3 or so days before a new moon when the moon is not visible at all. It's probably integral to the plot somehow that we can't see the moon, and whether it sounds grammatically correct or not....it is.

I enjoy it when a movie title is actually thought out and references something obscure. Religious references especially strike me as interesting....regardless of your beliefs, there's a lot of history and built up meaning in old stuff like that. Dark of the Moon may sound similar to album titles or song lyrics, but it's got a meaning and it might prove to be a pretty cool tie-in for the events in the film.

5. Galvatron Rage

Galvatron Rage Question Authority

What do you mean "Am I the only phew". I'm confused...

Re: the title. Ehh, I need to know the context behind it, but so far so good, I say.

6. megatron6661

well I saw the poll do they like this title and allot voted no more than yes, so it seems there is not allot of PPL sold on the title. Allot are mixed, but I have not seen allot of positive responses for (transformers 3 the dark of the moon). So there is only quiet a phew who like it not plenty. It has grown on me and I like it allot.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I can think of better titles that might have to do with the moon being part of the plot. This one sounds silly.

8. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to spam, but what's Phew?

9. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm fine with the title. It sounds awkward, but it's not something I feel like screaming death over.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think it's so much fussing about if Dark of the Moon has anything to do with the plot so much as Transformers Dark of the Moon just doesn't have a good ring to it for some fans.

I mean just because it has something to do with something in the film doesn't mean that it would make for a good title. Like say Transformer Fusion Cannon, Transformers Sand, or Transformers Give Me Your Face.

11. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

I think he was referring to your spelling and grammar.

12. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

Ya know what. Transformers: Dark of the Moon sounds alot better than Transformers: The Dark of the Moon... the extra 'the' makes it formidably clunky

13. megatron6661

yea I accidently spelt a phew words wrong, even small words it is a bad habbit sorry about that

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Guh. Brain aneurysm.

...in regards to the title: I just don't care. I'm discouraged enough by the last two films to try and get excited about, well, anything making sense in this third film.

15. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Free fix for you :) 

I don't have a problem with the title. I would have started complaining if it was called Transformers 3-D. The whole "3-D" name is getting annoying. But then again, the whole "3-D" craze is too. I am honestly not happy with 3-D movies.

16. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

I just wish it was called dark side of the moon it just rolls better. Personally I don't like the title, bur it won't stop me from seeing it opening night.

17. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But the Dark of the Moon is... Oh heck, didn't anyone read the whole news on the Front page?

I'd be more scared than anything. (well, what I mean is that it's supposed to be darker and more serious than ROTF was... How it ends up I have no idea.)

18. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I like the title. It's really good and makes me interested in the movie.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course you're not the only one who thinks it's an acceptable title. It's just easier for people to hate and scream from the mountain tops about the tragedy of it all then it is to wait and see how sensical it is to the plot.

20. megatron6661

I will admit my grammar is not great so mistakes will pop up. I will make sure I get it right before post.

yea I agree I hate 3D. It worked for films like avatar, but now it is going into movies like saw and it is annoying me now. And the whole 3D craze, is starting to make films seem like a gimmick, more than a proper film which is frustrating.