Am I the Only Only One Who Cares?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jan 5, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Am I the only one who care about the immense idiocy, incompetence, weakness, unorganized combat and general shittiness of the Decepticons in the movies?

The entire point of the Transformers films is the action. I'm not saying that the stories are terrible but they aren't that great either. The action is not just the main entertainment value but a huge amount of it. There is just one problem, the level of threat is close to zero.

In ROTF the Decepticons were incredibly unorganized and ineffective and incredibly weak. In DOTM, things got worse. There were hundreds of Decepticons, a handful of Nest soldiers and Nest won. The Decepticons were taken out with minimal effort.

The dreads were dealt with in a matter of minutes and achieved nothing; Starscream shot down the unstable, defenseless Xantium and a bunch of barely combat capable O-Sprays then got killed by Sam; Soundwave was beaten in a fire fight by Bumblebee of all people, in which he made one hit; Megatron, the leader of the freaking Decepticons was taken down in a matter of seconds and was less successful at fighting than Soundwave and had just stupidly saved his killer's life. The only capable Cons were Sentinel, Laserbeak (and considering Sam kills so many, and Laserbeak could fight Sam, Laserbeak might have been one of the most powerful Cons in the film.), that Cloverfield Monster looking Cons who was pretty much a generic and Shockwave who not only had little screen time but was hyped as the main Con.

I know I might be beating a dead horse, ranting and hating but every one still loves the films and are more than willing to see more of the same. Does no one give a shit?

With plots that have gone from decent to bad then to good (but nothing special) and action scenes that have my favorite characters portrayed as incapable, drooling, idiotic weaklings, which also removes any sense of threat, I dare anyone to come up with a decent reason why I should watch the films?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I dunno man, they took over an entire city in just a few hours (how it appeared on screen) and were seconds away from achieving their ultimate goal of bringing Cybertron into Earth orbit. Yeah, a couple of individual 'Cons went down like bitches, but it's a movie and people are rooting for the good guys, right? Plus Sentinel wasn't exactly working with Megatron as such, and Megs himself was in poor physical and mental shape, not really a fit leader in himself. I think they did quite 'well' all things considered.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It does take some suspension of disbelief, but:

1) Nearly every summer blockbuster rated less than "R" is like this, so we're used to it. If we're gonna gripe about it, it should be toward the genre as a whole.

2) Most of the TF shows on TV have been this way too, if not worse. Fatalities on either side are usually quite rare.

It's not that it isn't a valid complaint to some extent, but if most of us didn't care during the TF TV shows, and we didn't care during every other non-TF blockbuster, why would we all suddenly start caring right now?

4. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Indeed, the Decepticon is so easy to kill in the second and third movie. They just too weak, it makes me dissapointed too. Esspecially for someone like soundwave, for what i expected, i think he could defeat Bee easily and Shockwave too, He is the most powerful con i have seen in the comic but in the movie, he is zero .Not like in TF1 it takes at least 2 bot and a bunch of Jet to defeat a Con.

5. Megatron_

Megatron_ Well-Known Member

I was raging at how Shockwave was killed infact i was at the death of all the Decepticons it just makes you think how the hell they were winning the war on Cybertron

6. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    The villains are always as important if not more important the the heroes, because if the villains are or seem to be badass indestrucable motherfuckers the victory of the good guys is all the more sweeter when you see just throught what hell they had to go through to get there and it feels like they eraned it because they were BETTER than the villains and not just physicaly.

The Empire in Star Wars seamed lke a force to be reckoned with and Vader was a one-man army, not to mention they had a weapon that was able to destroy fucking planets. There was no way for a small team of rebels to manage to do ANYTHING yet they did! And it felt awesome!

If I know without a single amounf of doubt that Optimus will come in and rape everything with zero effort I lose that feel of "fuck yeah thake that evil does!" and I start to wonder "How the fuck did the Autobots lose the war in the first place? Why didn't they just let Optimus, Sentinel and Bumblebee go all LEEEEEEEEROY JEEEEEEENKINS in the Decepticon base and kill everyone in 10 minutes?"

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

it's a movie... "the good ones wins, evil lose" and "there must be an human centered story!" made all that stuff (yeah, Bay decided that!, burn him! xD)

8. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

am i the only one who can sit down and enjoy a movie?

9. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this sums up my thoughts on this.

Not really. I'm pretty sure it's a rule of film; Give the audience something or someone to relate too. That someone was Sam. I don't think it would be very easy for the audience to relate to giant transforming robots who've been fighting a war for thousands of years across space.

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    You'd be one of the few.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    People related and felt for giant walking cockroaches from District 9. A giant robot isn't that much of a strech since they all look like cockroaches anyway only biger and made of metal...

Seriosly the whole "only be able to relate to humans" is dog shit. People aren't like that. In only we could relate to other humans then why do we even have pets like dog and cats? Surely not to care for them and for them to be our firends since we can only talk to and relate with other people!

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If they had made them more cunning or powerful they wouldn't have had time for all those great wacky scenes about Sam's personal life and all the crazy people he deals with.

13. Infiltrait0rN7

Infiltrait0rN7 Deceptibot

News Credits:
    Yeah. Because I can totally relate to some douche who just happens to be a help save the world a few times, whose attitude and demeanor in DOTM completely reminds me of my ex boyfriend. What a great guy. :rolleyes: 

Oh, and I can especially relate to him as he's killing my favorite character. :rolleyes2 

So....
    THIS.

You're not the only one. I just stop watching it after they take over Chicago.
    Makes you wonder just how did they survived this long in the war, not to mention why is the war still going on this long?

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've been raging about it ever since I saw Decepticons getting hurt by human weaponry in 2007.

And yet, audiences had no problem relating to these two:

[​IMG]

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That's because Wreck-gar and Slipstream were well written interesti...

*looks again*

Oh, sorry.

16. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they did have more character development in one movie than the Transformers did in Three movies. Honestly.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I go to the movies for the sort of epic villains that just can't be done on a TV show or in a cartoon series. Not some jobbers who are so easy to beat it's like Serious Sam with god mode on.

I really enjoyed X-Men first class. The effects weren't very polished and you could feel the film had been rushed, but damn Magneto was one of the coolest things on film this year. From bad ass Nazi hunter to almost good guy only to make that turn into one of Marvel's greatest villains.

Or Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Some real movie bungholes in it so it feels like the apes are going to get slaughtered on the bridge until a combination of brains and bravery saves the day. If you didn't feel sad at the death of the gorilla then nothing gets to your cold frozen heart.

Sorry but I'm going to have to call bullshit to the idea that the heroes must be the most super badass thing ever because that's the only way a Hollywood film can be. Terminator it's the girl who stops the unstoppable killing machine, Aliens 2 a squad of Marines can't take out the aliens but the civilian with a futuristic forklift ends up in the coolest fight in film history. Rocky 4 it looks like the bigger stronger Russian is going to mop the ring with Rocky only for Rocky to dig deep as the hero and win.

Honestly just about all my liked the movie or didn't like the movie list comes down to a good villain or not. I loved Spiderman 2 and could have argued about it being the best superhero film ever, but Spiderman 3 had horrible villains and I hated that movie even though things were mostly the same except for emo Parker and rotten villains.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This.

This too.

Man you guys are on point in here! That's why I'm ready for someone other than Bay. TF1, I could stand the Decepticons, because they put up one hell of a fight. Ironhide, Ratchet, Bee and Jazz all were in danger and took some serious damage. Jazz was killed. Optimus Prime was threatened... he could have actually lost to Megatron.

ROTF, Optimus Prime died, yeah, but it was a cheap shot. If he never stopped to look for Sam, he was kicking the shit out of his rival, his rivals SECOND IN COMMAND, and he bruiser so big he towered over Optimus. Fast forward to the end, you've got Starscream unable to hit the DUMBEST autobots ever, and then they, somehow manage to not get killed by a Decepticon that's 20 times their size. Megatron is stomping through the desert, and is actually run off, not by Autobot gunfire, but by NEST troops shooting at him. Then Optimus Prime, fresh off injured reserves, mops the floor with his older, stronger, telekinetic , able to transwarp Predecessor, AND his adversary, who's supposed to be his equal. Not only does he do it, he does it in like 30 seconds.

DOTM, every Cons dies extremely fast. A dread got killed by being hit by a damn car. Starscream gets killed by Sam, forgets he can transform, and can't gain his composure enough to attack the NEST troops firing on him. The gigantic driller gets killed in 10 seconds. Shockwave is beat by a parachute, after managing to do absolutely nothing. Megatron gets killed in 2 seconds. Soundwave can't even put up a fight against Bumblebee when he has the numbers and tactical advantage.Starscream probably manages to do the most physical harm to serious threats, and even then all he does is shoot down an unarmed shuttle and some troop carrying planes.

Sentinel Prime manages ONE kill, and he can fight the entire army of the Autobots. His only kill? A shot to the back. At least he manages to rip Prime's arm off. When we see the Autobots at the end of the movie, they, aside from Prime, don't even look like they got in a fight to get captured in the first place.

It's not Hollywood either, Iron Man, Captain American, the Dark Knight, Batman Begins, X-Men FC, Wolverine Origins, Spiderman 1 and 2, Hell even Harry Potter feature villains who succeed in doing some sort of damage to their rivals and putting them in serious straits.

ROTF and DOTM feauture villains who manage to take over an entire city, but because of how inept every on screen villain (save Sentinel Prime) are, especially when faced with their rivals, you never feel any threat.

I just think of how Megatron gets ONE fight scene in DOTM, and even then, it's a sneak attack. It makes him look like all he wanted to do was save his homeworld, and he gets killed for his desire. He never attacks the Autobots or humans, he never fires a single shot at a good guy.

This is why I'm tired of Bay movies, not because he isn't good at action, and the thin stories are ok. The totally weak and unbalanced nature of the protagonists and antagonists makes it boring.

19. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

This post is full of WIN!!

20. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

:bowdown:  Excellent post, my good sir.