Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wm10k, May 31, 2012.

1. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

who wants the majority of their TFP Decepticons in the voyager class?

I just opened my Voyager Starscream and I love it. I can't wait for Dreadwing and I'm only somewhat excited for Breakdown (I want to see a review or two first).

I really like my deluxe Soundwave but now I'm hoping that he gets Voyager treatment too at some point.

and not that she needs the added mass, but Airachnid could definitely benefit from the budget a voyager figure gets to pay for a more intricate transformation and less embarrassing fembot. Though she should be able to be done justice in the deluxe class I'm just not sure that we'll see it happen.

And yeah all of this would make Megatron have a little less umph when next to his minions but that's all the more reason to make him in an even larger class. Or if you're like me you don't mind him being eye to eye with them like he was with most of them in the G1 days because he'll still fuck them up anyway.

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'll stick with my Legions and Commanders, bitches!

Actually, most of the Decepticons could stand to be commander-sized.

3. wm10k

I'd take a Commander Airachnid (Commander Arcee too!), and I'd laugh until I died if she still turned out better than the deluxe somehow.

I saw Dreadwing today and he looks like a cool toy but I passed so I could get Ironhide instead. One of those "scale overrides fun factor" diseases I have.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm trying to keep my Prime toys properly in robot scale, so which ever will give me the closest to that is what I want.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I'll pay a high price for a voyager Soundwave. I don't care if he's outta scale with everything!

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a commander class vehicon.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I generally like buying the larger figures, so yes.

I know people go on all day about scale and show accuracy but honestly I'm not a stickler for either. If it's a decent representation of the character and a fun toy, I don't get held up in the details.

8. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    The only problem is that decepticons get the voyager treatment WAY more then the autobots do

9. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This is very true, but so far I'd be okay with that. After all, most of them are aircraft of some sort, so it stands to reason.

10. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

That doesn't bother me that the bad guys are bigger. Story wise, that raises the stakes, and collection wise- it makes up for the lack of numbers figure wise.

11. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's one of the reasons I like the Animated toyline so much, the Decepticons are pretty much all Voyagers (except Blackarachnia who was meant to be smaller, and Lockdown who was a freakishly tall Deluxe anyway) and look very imposing compared to their Autobot foes.

12. wm10k

Yeah I personally don't have a problem with the idea of Decepticons hogging the Voyager slots...which so far they really haven't. It's dead even so far, and if you go back to FE and include those then its 2 to 1 Bots over Cons. You could alsao turn around and look at the Deluxes and say that Autobots are hogging that class size.

We know Dreadwing is coming and Skyquake might be an asian market exclusive or an eventual mass retail repaint or perhaps just won't ever happen. Breakdown is on his way and who knows how they might redeco him. The only Autobot that actually could benefit from being a Voyager is Ratchet.

unless they start bringing in non-prime characters like "hot shot" or "dead end" we won't have many Voyager toys to look forward to. Springer would be cool or perhaps Ultra Magnus since he's got a Cyberverse toy.

I'm still gonna keep on hopin for a Voyager Soundwave (for sheer awesome) and a Voyager Airachnid (for redemption) whether they are likely or not.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I personally think Starscream and Soundwave should be tall Deluxes.

14. wm10k

I don't really see Soundwave as a tall deluxe, but then again I have him standing next to FE Starscream who was a delightfully tall deluxe.

Besides that I think Soundwave's leg section looks messy. I'd like to think they could improve it giving him a 2nd go around in a larger scale.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron - Voyager
    Starscream - Lanky tall Deluxe
    Soundwave - Lanky tall Deluxe
    Knock Out - Deluxe
    Airachnid - Deluxe or Voyager with an intricate transformation and spider legs taking up a lot of the mass so it still has a deluxeish body
    Insecticon - Voyager
    Dreadwing/Skyquake - Voyager
    Breakdown - Voyager

16. wm10k

are you kidding, Knock Out obviously needs to be a voyager...:wink: 

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    One problem with more Voyagers is that any accurate weapons the figures could be given will be ignored in favor of some spring-loaded brick of crap.

If you mean FE-style voyagers, then I agree. The two we got(or didn't get) are amazing.