Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kaymac, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It feels like everyone hates the RID Voyager/Powerizer Prime. But I actually kind of like him. I do not have the FE Voyager Prime, but I have seen it in stores and online. Almost every specimen has stress marks on or around the fake chest bits, and the fake chest is also an idea I don't particularly like.

RIDPOP (Robots in Disguise Powerizer Optimus Prime), also has an interesting piece of weaponry that lights up, as well as a handheld sword, which some may prefer. He may not be as show accurate, but to me he looks like a better "toy" than FE Prime, as in RIDPOP is less of a "collectors item", and more of an actual toy that you are meant to play with.

How do you feel about RIDPOP, FEVOP, etc?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    To be honest, I only like RIDPOP because of the real window chest, although with the new minicons...

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    He's grown on me. I don't know how I'll feel till I get one in hand (wednesday, probably) but with a decent weapon I think he'll look pretty cool. I quite like the handheld sword, and may like the gun if it looked like something.

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    At first I didn't want to get him and Megatron but now...

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The toys are certainly similar enough in quality that some will prefer one to the other. I even think the RiD one is pretty, except for the back. But the accurate weapons and general pleasing proportions of the FE one appeal to me more, and I wants it.

In general I don't think bringing back light-up stuff is a bad idea, but I'm the kind of guy who will tend to prefer a "pure" transformer. (Especially if the clear plastic is obvious on a shelf.) Everyone who's picked up an FE Optimus has gushed over him, and I want to join that club!

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Although I hate the weapons and paint job, I can definitely see a lot of potential in RID Op's mold itself. I think with a nice paint job from a radicon he'd look a lot better, plus the shoulders and windows aren't cheats, which is a nice bonus.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I just wish he had a red chest and smaller backpack and I would think that this guy is perfect. Still buying him.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It's not that people (like myself) hate the figure (raid the stores and smash every figure), it's simply that we prefer the First Edition when compared to the main line version based on the pictures shown.

9. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Seeing as how I probably won't be able to get the FE version any time soon, I may have to settle for him.

Odds are I'll end up liking him though. Might paint his fore-arms and chest red though.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I like the forearms though, as they look like they might light up too when the weapon is in there. Sort of a "flowing energy" type of thing? Perhaps if they painted the translucent parts so only some light gets through it would look even cooler?

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    If I can never get my hands on First Edition Optimus Prime, I can live with this.

Though the weapons are better on First Edition.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I've said this before, but the only thing wrong with this are the back panels. And if the FE never gets here, I can totally live with them.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Translucent parts remind me of Beast Machines figures. :( 

14. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    FE is just better on almost every level.

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    He's certainly weaker the the First Edition but he's not THAT bad either. I just view him like I view the DOTM Voyager Optimus figure,not as good as the last one but a fun toy in it's own right. I just accept it for what it is as a more child friendly toy.

I also give the desginers credit for not resorting to cheats this time around resulting in a intresting transformation. The Back kibble on the other hand is VERY glaring. It's till obvious however that the cheats used on the last version helped it look much more accurate.

So I'm probably not going to get this mold unless there's a good reason to like if a repaint/remold of this figure comes out like say in Nemesis Prime/RID Scourge like colors for instence?

16. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

The RID version has the back kibble and isn't as show accurate in either paint apps or design, while the FE is insanely accurate to the show.

Yeah, the RID version is close, but I'm tired of spending my money on things that are just "close enough", especially when there is a better mold available. If that's the case, I'll save my cash for sweet Macross stuff.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    To be honest, if I was able to make myself okay with the silhouette, I'd just go for the Entertainment 2-Pack Deluxes of him and Megatron. The Deluxe OP is about as good and with a better paint job, while I think the Deluxe Megatron is actually better than the Voyager. I think these RiD Voyagers are a mess.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can i say am i the only one whom don't like this Voyager/Powerizer Prime,no offence to those who like it.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No, you can't say it. Because you are far from the only one who doesn't like it.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's certainly the way I feel about it. It would be interesting to see how the opinions flow in some alternate reality where First Edition Prime toys never existed.