Am I The Only One?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonSpike, Nov 13, 2011.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Am I the only one who doesn't want a fourth movie? Don't get me wrong, if a fourth one is made, I'll go see it, but, IMHO, DOTM ended the movieverse. The war is over, Megatron is dead, Cybertron was destroyed, and all the high ranking Decepticons are dead, so unless they are going to do something really major, like bring in Unicron, or Thunderwing, I can't think of a way to keep the story going without ending up with us wishing the series had ended at "X" point.

2. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I don't want one either, however it's for different reasons.

I'm really afraid that if this movie gets made they'll just cancel Prime in order to make room. If they want to make another movie they should set it in the Aligned continuity at the very least.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I really don't care if there is going to be a fourth movie or not because there may not be anymore stories for that universe. If they can think of a good one though that's good. Personally I'm more intrested in Transformers Prime more than a fourth movie. So Hasbro should finish the TFP universe first before they work on a fourth movie.

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I wouldn't worry about it. TFA's cancelation was a different story. Besides the reason the TFP toyline is taking so long to be released is because they don't want to interfere with the DOTM line so it won't have the risk of cancelation like TFA did with the ROTF line. Hasbro wants to focus on the TFP universe for now so don't worry about it!:thumb 

5. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I will never be convinced that its under performance compared to the movie didn't have something to do with it.

Yes, however what happens when the next line for the movies comes out? TFP goes on hiatus to make room. Then it will just never come back because they want to move on to their next big money maker.

6. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    where were you for the past few months?

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Are you talking to me?

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Hasbro originally made TFA as a back up plan in case the 2007 movie bombed which it didn't. Because of that the toyline with the show clashed with the movie toys which lead into TFA's cancelation. TFP on the other hand was made by Hasbro with a production bible that'll be Hasbro's main countinuity for a fews years after the movies are done. That's also the reason why they want to get the DOTM toyline out of the way first before they focus on the TFP toyline. I mean why go through all the trouble and hard work of making a solid and strong countinuity if you all of the sudden just chuck it away. Hasbro's thinking ahead this time and it does not want to make the same mistake like they did with TFA. So don't get worried about it!

9. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

The problem is that we have a unique chance we probably won't get again a long time here: We have the chance to introduce something beyond The Great War on the big screen, show people like Lord Straxus, Overlord and Jhiaxus taking the role of main villain, give those small but underestimated characters the big spotlight again.

If they just reboot, we will most likely see The Decepticons for the hundrenth time, there's nothing wrong with that of course but don't you want to see the afore-mentioned baddies receiving their well-deserved screen-time?

10. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    DOTM made a nine digit sum and it's the only piece of TF related media to ever do so. I sincerely doubt they won't be above chucking away Prime once they grasp the absurdly high amount of money a fourth film could give them.

I know it's unlikely to happen but Hasbro has made stupid decisions in the past and they are a business first and foremost. Money will always win out over loyalty to any specific fiction.

11. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    no. how about this? I NEED a tf4! :)  the possibilites are endless!

12. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

there is going to be a forth one but i still think it's going to be a reboot and most likely 2013.

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Actually, TFA's cancellation was MUCH more related to CW being jerks with the programming and Hasbro wanting to create The Hub than The movie-verse, the movie-verse was pretty much just the final nail in the coffin in TFA's case.

TFP is another case, their focus on this universe is RIDICULOUS, they are writing [a lot of] novels just for TFP, they retconned WFC to fit in TFP's continuity, HELL, they are doing an MMO for that Universe.

I doubt, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT, they would let it go just for some Movie Bucks [even from a money-making point of view, they already put too much time and effort in the Prime-verse, dropping it would be a bad move from any point of view].

14. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind another movie that's as fun as DotM. The plot, however, means nothing to me.

15. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    If hasbro thinks theres another merchandise outing in a fourth film it will happen and sooner rather than later.
    DOTM easily made its money money back which means its still a popular franchise. As long as it still makes money at the box office and the merchandise keeps selling they'll keep making it whenre the fans want it or not

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Exactly my point! I mean why go through this much attention and hard work to one countinuity if they are just going to chuck it away?!?! Hasbro's into making money and profits true but what's the point in that if you do something that'll tick off and alienate the fans even more because you cancled another great show for more movies. It'll make Hasbro look bad and that's the last thing they want. I really doubt that'll happen too and I'm glad TFP is getting this much attention because it deserved it!

17. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

^These. I loved the movies but, bringing Megatron back AGAIN, and anyone else, would seem forced. Transformers: Prime FTW!

18. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    no to the reboot. yay for 2013 =D don murphy already said nope. no reboot. new trilogy in the same movie verse. omg i hope its 2013. what made u come to that conclusion?

19. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I fully support any 4th movie, be it sequel or reboot.

As far as I'm concerned, another movie means more money for Hasbro to put into stuff that I would actually like.

20. dino52

dino52 Well-Known Member

i some times think it will be a good idea for a fourth and other times i think its a bad idea