Am I the only one....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vector, Oct 16, 2007.

1. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    .....that has noticed that the Alternator/Binaltech lines were gear'd for Autobots, and now it seems that the Masterpiece line is meant primarily for Decepticons?? Why is this??

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The next release will likely be an autobot and even things up.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not really sure about the Alt./Bin. line, other than that there are more Autobots that are cars, than there are Decepticons that are cars, but, I do think that the MP line still hasn't been in production long enough to really be concidered one sided yet. Yes there have been more Decepticons, but, concidering how long it takes to enginear them, it'll take a while to get out a good amount of characters. I personally think that the next new mold that we see will be an Autobot.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Keyword: Autobots.

I always felt the Alt line should've been geared souly to ABs. The only exceptions were Nemisis Prime and Deadend.

5. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I agree completely! Although, Shockwave(blast) was a beautiful figure!

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Id like more Cons please.

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Besides Prime the only other true Iconic Autobot would be Grimlock and maybe Rodimus Prime, but the Cons have the seekers, Soundwave, Constructicons, Megs, and maybe Galvatron.

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    What I would not give for a Masterpiece Galvatron.

9. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    When you say "geared"...you mean, why does the line seem primarily comprised of Autobots? Most likely because Has/Tak was endeavoring to recreate the magic of G1 with modern day vehicles (ie, TFs that were naturally nice-looking, realistic vehicles all on their own). And, because car companies wanted to be portrayed in a positive light, they insisted that the companies use their cars for the "good guys" before the "bad guys" - I wouldn't be surprised if some companies (Ford and Subaru in particular) outright refused to allow any of their properties to be portrayed under the Decepticon flag.

And, as you noted, the Masterpiece line is striving to be something different. From what I've seen, it appears as though the MP line wants to provide 'definitive' versions of significant characters in the G1 mythos. In that regard, for characters that are fairly popular in the culture, the Masterpiece line has done several of the big ones...only a few remain (most likely Soundwave, Grimlock, etc).

10. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The masterpiece line hasn't done several of anything, except repaints.

Remember, there's only 3 molds in the masterpiece line. One of which was used for OP twice, and ultra magnus, 2 seekers(that always use the same mold anyway), and megatron. In theory, they could end up releasing 4 more seekers just because that's what they can get away with repaints.

If you actually look more closely at the masterpiece releases, half of them are autobots. Can't really judge which way they want to lean with only 3 molds to work with so far.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I agree that Alts were mainly Autobots because, well, Autobots are mainly cars. Decepticons, not so much (I'd KILL for a Classics Menasor).

Masterpiece, on the other hand, hasn't released enough figures to be judged. Masterpieces I'd like to see include:

-Shockwave
    -Devastator (imagine that!)
    -Bumblebee!
    -Jetfire
    -Wheeljack

However, given the ludicrous awesomeness of the line, it's known that new molds will be intersparsed with various repaints. Thus, it would make sense for characters chosen for Masterpiece to have good repaint value.

Although, MP Bumblebee would never happen thanks to VW. Maybe we could have an MP Cliffjumper...or Bumper!

12. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I want a Masterpiece Triplechanger Springer !!!!

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry but is Grimlock really that ironic? I would think that Bumblebee or Hot Rod or Jazz would be the next most recognized Autobot after Optimus.

14. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Everyone remembers grimlock, and that's not even bringing up him having leadership in the comics.