Am I the only one who thought Soundwave was cool??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 24, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    welker wasn't the fallen, candyman was

2. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

He reminded me of the tubby guy from Dune. Just floating around and barking out orders.

3. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

The Baron

4. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was the most critical about Soundwave being "done right" but not because of any G1 purism, but simply because everything I thought of with Soundwave was done in the first movie by other Decepticons.

Frenzy turned into the stereo and hacked computers.
    Blackout was able to hack into a computer merely by touching it, and he ejected an animal minion. As well, he was incredibly loyal to Megatron according to his bio and "ALL HAIL MEGATRON".
    Barricade was in a disguise you'd never expect a Decepticon to be in, and ejected a minion (Frenzy) from his chest.

I honestly didn't know what was left for Soundwave.

But this satellite worked well. He orchestrated a plot. He revived Megatron. All while Starscream was busy preferring to ignore and to raise an army of his own.

Do I wish he transformed? Maybe. I imagine a robot shaped object tumbling in space would look silly.
    Do I wish he came to earth? Perhaps. He might have, now that his "use" was finished, been demoted to cannon fodder.
    Now we have a potential third movie. No "bigger bad" than Megatron (for now). The three Decepticons all together again. Combiners introduced.

I mean, sure I want Soundwave on Earth. But I also want Megatron to get an Earth mode... and yet I don't think I'm ready to get rid of flight tank.

5. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Yeah. I guess that makes Ravage Sting.

6. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

i liked him a lot

7. MadHatter

MadHatter Tripredicus Councilman

Soundwave in this movie was like Starscream in the first movie. He only got a little bit of screen time but he filled every bit of it with utter bad-assery. I liked the voice... until my brother said it sounded like Dr. Claw. I smiled and then i continued to watch the movie. I could've used the reverb and I would have loved for him to say "Ravage: Eject. Operation: Retrieval," when he shot him out. But overall I was satisfied with him. Definitely the best part of the movie for me.

(Movie) Soundwave: Making four-eyed computer nerds look bad-ass since 2009.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I thought Soundwave was pretty awesome in ROTF, even though he remained in space, using the one satellite to access the information the Decepticons need in order to fulfill their plans. And his voice was sweet, too.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Even without transforming, Soundwave was awesome, imo. I would have loved to see more of him, but what we did see, was great. I think we'll get more of him in TF3. It'll be interesting to see how he, Megatron, and Starscream act in-person.

10. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Soundwave and Ravage really were the only useful Decepticon in the film. They found the Allspark fragment and retrieved it, found Sam's location in the desert, found Megatron's body, sent Wheelie and Alice to watch Sam and Mikela. For those 2 years Starscream and the Fallen did nothing, and when Megatron was revived he did nothing but kill Prime who would just come back to kick his ass. Pretty pathetic that the only useful cons were the one that stayed in space the whole time and the one that was nearly the size of a human

11. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

soundwave was awesome!

12. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

Your a very smart man.

TF:ROTF Soundwave FTW!

MTL

13. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I thought he was cool.

14. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Definitely, this is a very odd and frustrating omission.

15. youngbrazee1

youngbrazee1 Member

Yes soundwave was done justice. You cant have him morphing from 30ft robot to a small boom box...ARE THEY CRAZY...Next best thing SATELLITE, its still in the communication field and his voice was deep just like in the g1 cartoon they just didnt incorporate that autotune voice thing

16. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Soundwave was just frigging sweet.:thumbs2: 

17. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

He was excellent! He did his job; nothing more, nothing less..

18. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I actually thought soundwave was done very well, yeah he didn't get a vocoder voice but it just seemed to fit him really well. need more of him in the third one.

19. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I think they did a pretty good job of him. Just hope they use him to the fullest in the third film!

SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR!

20. MadHatter

MadHatter Tripredicus Councilman

Isn't that just sad, when you think about it? Soundwave and Ravage got all the best scenes and the character development and they were only in there for ten minutes while the rest of the Decepticons and most of the Autobots got none. Megatron is reduced to a minion in service to the Fallen and where once, in the prior movie, he could beat Optimus one on one, he can barely do it with two other Decepticons helping him. Devastator - who I was really, really looking forward to - doesn't really interact with anyone, can't even kill the Twins, and is killed off unceremoniously by humans. Soundwave said it in 1986 and it's still applicable in 2009: "Soundwave superior. Constructicons inferior." I believe that in a movie like this, it's the villains that drive the story. A good villain adds conflict and furthers the plot. Soundwave was a good villain. Imagine if he had more screen time.

Also, Steve Carell is hilarious