Am I the only one who thought Megan Fox was good in TF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NIDARAM12, Jul 22, 2007.

1. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Every good or bad review saying "Megan Fox was HOTT and thats all that matters!" is starting to make me go WTF.

The only thing I had seen her in before TF was a Two and a Half Men cameo. I admit I'm the first person to write someone like her off as just another pretty face, but man, I don't see why she was so "bad' in TF. In fact, I thought she really pulled off some great stuff.

For example...

In the car with the S7 guys ("Cars just don't transform....")

Talking to Bumblebee at night ("Are you like an alien...")

Right after that with the "And go where!?" line..

And freaking out in the tow truck before her and BB head out.

One of the criticisms was that her acting was really stiff and fake, but I thought it was one of the most "real" depictions of a young girl you could get in these kinds of movies. There were some scenes that had a real "naturally awkward" vibe to them.

Thoughts? Am I crazy?

You can find alot of clips on youtube btw.

2. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

why are we talking about her acting over her ass or her gorgeous rack? I'm just not following here.

3. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I know you're just kidding (I hope) but that is what proves my point. :dj 

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I admit some parts were a bit "dry"(not meant to be sick), but I think everyone was good. But I still think Fox was the weakest actor

5. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought she overacted a lot, but she definitely wasn't as bad as Mary Jane in Spiderman 3 or anything like that.

She wasn't the worst actor, but she wasn't the best either

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but the way she said "Are you like an alien?" sounded incredibly forced to me. As did when she said "Why are you here?" and when she was first talking to Sam and saying "No-no, I didn't mean-"...it sounded SOOO unnatural.

7. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Eh, everyone has an opinion. I thought she was fine. Not going to win any awards or anything, but still fine.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I think Megan Fox was...par. She did the job she needed to as an actress, but there wasn't much more there. Honestly, I think all of the scenes with her & LeBouf were really sold by LeBouf. That guy is a pretty good actor; and he's done a real handsome job reacting appropriately to green screen things happening.

9. Soundatron

what did you expect from Kirsten Dunst. She sucked in all of them. It's hilariously ironic that MJ was reviewed as a bad singer yet so was Dunst in the role, she couldnt sing for her own life.

Anyway, I was pleased with everyone's acting in TF.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    she can't act for shit. she behaves the way she looks: fake.

11. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Man thats wierd I thought pretty much anything John Voight said was 100x more forced than those scenes :p 

12. Soundatron

agreed, Voight is better playing the sleeze balls not politicians.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    she acted as well as she was directed.

i mean, look at liv tyler in armageddon. she was blah there too.

14. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I thought she was fine, the scene that stood out for me was when they were all in the chopper and Maggie was talking to Sam, Mikela had that "there's another hot chick\rivalry" look going for her. She didn't actually say anything in that particular scene, but there seemed to be good tension. Who knows, maybe she was trying to figure out some long division or something.

15. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    She was quite good, and her role was great in my opinion. She made a good eye candy, but she didn't just sit by and watch and scream at robots blowing stuff up. They actually made her do something, and not only that, the writers gave her some complexity. And she's freakin HAWT.

16. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know who WAS complete eye candy? The chick in the blue dress who is on screen when Ironhide does his upside-down-front-flip-rocket-launch transformation.

Seriously, what the hell was she there for?

17. MADAM_MEG

MADAM_MEG Well-Known Member

I ok with her.
    I think she is quite lovely as the battle scene when she speak to BB that "Ok, I Drive and you shoot." ^_^

18. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Megan Fox delivered a bad performance, she'd have bugged me. But she didn't. It's just so many actresses these days don't have much to work with in modern action-adventures that many mistake it for a bad performance.

19. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Boobs. In slow motion. That's all.

I honestly thought through about 99.999% of the movie Megan Fox's character made Shia's character look like a bitch. Outside of her first rection to seeing the big baddie, which I thought she did excellently, she always had an answer when Sam couldn't do anything but stand there like a dumbass. She saved Sam from Frenzy. She ran to get the tow-truck while Sam sat there paralyzed staring at Bumbles as he dragged himself across the ground. She fought to protect Bee when Lennox told her to move her ass while Sam said he's not capable of doing anything. Now, the slo-mo scenes looking at her face after some big moment were rather stupid, but you can't blame her for the director wanting to make sure we aren't distracted by the giant freakin' robots beating the crap out of eachother when there's really important humans laying there not doing anything. So, yeah, I thought she did alright with every line but the "first year" line. She was believable in a movie full of cheese.

And trust me, I don't hate cheese.

20. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

I thought she was fine. The Australian chick bugged me a whole lot more.

I agree with this assessment. I thought she was quite level-headed much of the time when Sam was freaking out. Stealing a tow truck to help Bumblebee was just brilliant. I think some of the dialogue between her and Sam felt "fake" because of that whole awkward teenager thing. They don't really know how to talk to each other at the beginning, they're from totally different social groups at school, aren't sure that they have anything in common to talk about, yet are awkwardly aware of the male-female sexual tension and not sure how to manage that, so of course their conversation is going to sound stilted.