Am I the only one who thinks WFC was only okay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by rob_charb, Feb 7, 2012.

1. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

So my sisters-in-law got me WFC for my birthday last month. Really late to the game, I know. Anyway, played a few levels of the Decepticons and almost finished the Autobot campaign, then couldn't be bothered playing it anymore.

It just doesn't stand out to me as a particularly good game. Sure, it looks good and the story is pretty great, but as far as gameplay goes, it's just not that great for a 3rd person shooter. I've lost track of the number of times I've run out of ammo during a bossfight, despite doing my absolute best to try and make every single shot count.

So yeah, am I the only who thinks it wasn't actually that great of a game?

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I still prefer the Armada game in terms of gameplay and overall fun. But other than that, WFC is arguably the best Transformers game made. Yeah, there's room for improvement, and yeah, it could seem a little repetitious in its environments and action, but it's still good.

For me, WFC met my expectations. I enjoyed it. And I don't think you'll have to worry about the ammo thing in the sequel.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan. Transforming is pointless 90% of the time, so it just feels like Unreal Tournament: Cybertron without all the awesomeness that that should imply.

4. Shadowed

Shadowed トランスフォーマーたたかい!!^^

I've owned the game for the past 2 years. I completed the solo campaign shortly after purchasing it and I was impressed as far as the characters and the story goes. Did not give multiplayer much attention... But back then, I was still an MMO addict. I've recently quit any form of MMOing, wether it be WoW or EVE Online and satiates my needs of video game play through the purchasing of used PS3 games. I have becomed a trophy addict in replacement of the MMOs achievement system :p 

Anyhow, I started playing WFC again and in an attempt to get all trophies, I have started playing Multiplayer. At the beginning, I considered it only to be more grinding... but, after a short while, it started to grow on me after I have understood all the abilities and the synergy between the classes.

Now, I think its awesome. I think they did a great job. I played UT in the past, but I don't feel like i'm playing UT back again... besides the cookie-cutter game types (Deathmatch, Conquest etc...).

All in all, I am satisfied. I rank it up there as my best Transformers video game.

5. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    ...and now Shadowed is trying to convince me to play online. It sure sounds awesome, but I have a natural instinct to avoid online play, as it is plagued with immature kiddies that teabag you and tell you to suck it.

But if I had a nice group of folks to play with, people I actually know, I'd be more inclined to play. Will definitely have to give multiplayer another chance.

As for the OP's original question, I loved the single player campaign and cannot wait for FOC to come out!

6. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    it's a great game, could be better, hopefully Fall of Cybertron delivers what War for Cybertron wasn't able to (excellent host migration, elimination of glitches, more challenge, non-repetitive, wider and varied array of customization options, combiners and more female cybertronians in multiplayer, split screen, return of co-op, return of escalation, make reaching Prime Mode mean something for example maybe one less kill to activate a killstreak reward or a customized skin, etc...)

7. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    And the servers please fix the servers.

8. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

The story modes only highlight is the story. The gameplay is a little slow for my tastes. If you want to amp it up and see where the game shines, get into Escalation. The mayhem that ensues is brilliant so long as you have a team effort.

9. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    grats on quitting MMOs- they are evil wastes of time with fans that bitch more than transfans do. (i did the same leaving Rift like 6 months ago, the whole format of MMOs is just wrong and turns people into bitter troglodytes)

I hadnt played a platform game in SOOOOO long. my father got an xbox 360 with an HP purchase or somethingso i play when i visit the parents. I rented DOTM, and finished it in like 2 nights. it was fun, but then i picked up WFC and i thought it was much better.

I never got to play multiplayer (unless im missing something i basically HAVE to pay for an xbox live membership in order to access the servers., right?) but the single player was fun - im looking forward to playing through it on hard mode next time i visit (though i also picked up a two pack of dragon age for 20bucks out here.. so maybe ill be too busy with that..)

Not getting to play the games more than every couple months- i kind of appreciate them more than i would otherwise...

10. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I really enjoy the game. The story was well thought out, imo and that's what I played for, honestly. I enjoyed the multiplayer aspects, as well, even though I'm not very good at them. xD

11. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In a word yes.

Really WFC is a very good shooter and GREAT Transformers game. It wasn't perfect but then what game is. Transforming imo is VERY usefull, particularlly to get you from A to B quikly, but also for extra ammo. I too had a hard time finding ammo at times. But when it came to boss fights I think that may have been intentional as ammo would respawn from time at set intervals. But when it comes to mid level and no ammo I read in Gameinformer that High Moon regrets that and even thinks that some of the problems come from them not highlighting ammo boxes well enough. I'm just very glad that we will be able to pick up ammo dropped by fallen enemies in FOC.

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Yes. There is no chance of any TF game being overall better than WFC.

But for now, WFC is only the best Transformers game ever made, I have a feeling that's about to change.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  13. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    YES. Fall of Cybertron's essentials are:

Glitch fixes (been sniped from directly above floating people so many times...), they should change it so that lag depends on YOUR connection, not the host's, they should change it so that if the host leaves, the highest scored player gets to host, or the highest level player, and by the way, FOC has been confirmed to have no Co-op. No word on Escalation, though. SPLIT-SCREEN WOULD BE EPIC.
    And that Prime mode thing should change it so that you get to customize your name font, color, etc. and that abilities should recharge faster, killstreaks require one less kill, weapons have more ammo and more clips, and that the effects of upgrades are increased (i.e. more health in Reserve Power Cells, Speed increaser thingy makes you run even faster than it normally does, etc.).

14. Sso02V

News Credits:
    I think I'd be more likely to play the 07 movie game before I even look at WFC again. At least the 07 game is so bad that it's funny instead of just bad.

15. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Just because you dislike WFC doesn't mean it's the worst game ever.

16. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Just because you like it doesn't make it the best.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I thought the DOTM game was much superior to WFC, mainly due one thing: THE TRANSFORMATIONS WERE USEFUL FOR SOMETHING.

See Starscream's level: It consists entirely of dogfights across the sky between SS and multiple Autobots, in a very "Third Person Battlefield 3" way [my favorite level actually, those dogfights really whopped some ass].

Or Dino's level, you would drive like a bawlss before facing the level itself.

It didn't help WFC was one giant G1 homage, there was barely anything original on it. I hate that.

18. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loved it. Played through it twice. Initially bought it on the 360, bought it again a few months ago on the PS3 since I barely touch my xbox anymore. Currently trophy hunting.

19. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

...You're serious you're literally saying that? I hope. I SERIOUSLY HOPE. You're kidding.