Am I the only one who likes Starscream design?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by 00X, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 00X

00X Member

I think he looks pretty cool in his bot mode and his face looks more like tarantulas in Beast Wars.

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I like Starscream's look in the movie...but I think it translates poorly as a toy. I feel the same way about Scorponok too

3. Greenmadman7

Greenmadman7 Well-Known Member

I like the idea it isn't another rehash of the G1 design that makes him look like a prime target for teen girl fans to write slashfics with.

4. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    Yes.

5. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

Of all the designs, his was the one I liked the least at first glance. Although, having seen him in action certainly helps him to grow on me quite a lot.

6. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dido!

His fugly and you know it!:D 

7. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I like SS design though I agree with Shaun. Though I think his toy's torso and legs and head are movie accurate Hasbro screwed up his arms badly. If he didnt have those weird cannon hands his Jet mode would be alot more believable but sadly he has them.

8. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    I think Starscream looks pretty good. It's cool that they're giving him a new yet still familiar look. He's a little bulky... but whatever. As long as they make him a cocky asshole I'm happy.

9. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

I have grown to like it, though I really like his protoform design.

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

No you're not alone in liking STARSCREAM, despite some "witty" comments from people having the gaul to answer on my behalf.

The film version is amazing, I think. Seeing him in three seperate sequences in the various trailers cemented my opinion. The movement is fluid, the appearance sleek yet menacing and the detail on the textures is beautiful.

I admit that the toy isn't an especially 'accurate' translation, but I still hink it's a nice piece in it's own right.

11. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I like it, this character isnt the same character as the G1 version, so it doesnt bother me.

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I think he doesn't look as cool standing still, like the high resolution captures they had a few week ago (the flexing pose). I'm not a super big fan of his protoform or his earth form toywise.

But in the trailer, he's one bad ass bot. I think as long as he is in motion... I'm cool.

13. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

... but he's nothing like Starscream. His physical features completely fly in the face of his character, and given that they're robots that can no doubt configure their appearances as they wish, that's pretty bad.

14. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

"Rehash of G1 design" = "Keeping to the source material", just so we're clear.

I mean, Spider-man's movie costume is such a rehash of the comics one. I wonder why?

People have to stop looking at the designs as just toys, they're "meant" to be characters.

15. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

When sketches and rumors of Starscream as a gorilla-bot first started circling before we saw anything else, I hated the idea and the sketches.

However, NOW, after seeing the final product, especially in motion, I've come to love the new Starscream. He's not entirely unfamiliar. I would know him when I saw him. But he is also a welcome new direction for the character. Looking at his profile image from the game site, he just looks and feels... right. IMO.

16. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

That's rubbish. That's like saying "Well this Iron Man in our Avengers movie isn't the same character as the comic books Iron Man, so we think we'll make him a taco-loving robot with the proportional speed and strength of a toaster."

He SHOULD be the same character, or at least a much closer homage, or else he should have a different name. There's no point calling him "Starscream" if there's very little of the original character in there. Intelligence 4? Come on.

17. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

You can't go by the toy's tech specs for his Intelligence. If I can remember correctly, G1's listed Starscream as a four as well. Whatever it was, I know it was low. It would be better to judge intelligence based on how he is portrayed than on what a bio that is obviously pretty heavily based on his original bio says. Besides, Starscream always openly opposed Megatron until getting shot at each time. Didn't seem that smart to me.:wink: 

18. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i like it,myself.
    the only thing i would have added was a little color.not full-scale g1 repaint,but a little red trim might look cool.not totally unheard-of in military vehicles...

*ignores scraggin,knowing there's no point arguing.what scraggin hates,he has to ruin for everyone*

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I agree with this statement. Maybe that's part of the reason I don't like the toy...The color's just so plain and bleh.

I know that it's based on a real life military plane. And that such planes don't stand out.

I guess I'm just spoiled with G1 Starscream, Armada Starscream, Energon Starscream and Cybertron Starscream's colors. A few years of those flamboyant standout colors and then going to what we have for this year's Screamer.....It's a shock to the system :lol 

20. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Telling people "that's rubbish" and "come on" (in other words 'shut up, only I know what I'm talking about').... Pulling nonsensical analogies out of the air...

The spirit of Kittie Rose lives on in Scraggin' and I keep PROMISING I'll say no more. Then my emotions take over and I can't help myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.