Am I the only one who likes ROTF and DOTM for the PS2 and Wii?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OP84, Feb 9, 2012.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

From most of the professional gaming sites I've gone to, it appears that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen for the PS2 and Wii, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon-Stealth Force Edition for the Wii and 3DS, have been very poorly received. I actually enjoyed both games for what they were and in ROTF's case, I really liked the stylized graphics. Even though no mouths moved and some things looked like they were painted on rather than modeled with detail, I thought some of the stuff they did were impressive. I also really like how the Decepticons actually had a full on base rather than just using The Nemesis and how the Star Harvester looked much more elegant in design as opposed to a beam sticking out of the top of a pyramid. As for DOTM, I thought it was impressive how they chose to turn it into a vehicular fighting game as opposed to a standard shooter like most of the previous TF-licenced titles. They actually made an effort to focusing on the gimmick in a much more interesting way that what could've been done. Anyone feel the same?

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Yes you are. :D 

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    ROTF was fun, a bit repetetive at times, but fun. Loved the last level.

DOTM is AWFUL. It's not transformers. It's just cars with guns slapped on and cardboard cutouts of TFs talking.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Well, the Sideways mission was fun in RoTF (he had a gadamn flail), and the transforming special attacks were pretty neat. I still love Demolishor and Devastator's boss fight.

Plus Jetfire could punt smaller Decepticons.

So it was okay, but not the best.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I've only played DotM on PS3, but I enjoyed it. And yes, it is in fact Transformers.

6. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I have RoTF for PS2 and it was okay. Not horrible, but not fantastic. The PSP version now, that was fucking horrid.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    ROTF was a watered down version of the console games (PS3), but it was fun. I liked fighting Devastator, and the "Reaction Commands" in boss battles. Jetfire was also kickass to play as.

8. Zequem

Zequem Well-Known Member

ROTF was at first a bit of a disappointment compared to Xbox360/PS3 version, but after I got over that it was pretty fun game to play. At least it has a co-op and a fun multiplayer. :) 

Haven't played the DotM, so can't say much about that.

9. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Yea I enjoyed I just didnt like how you couldnt transform on free will