Am I the only one who has no interest in the Animated figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BigRC83, Apr 5, 2008.

1. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Everyone on these forums cannot wait for this line. I do not get it. These figures look like Fisher Price toys. I am not trying to put anybody down but it feels like people purchase anything that has Transformers written on the box. That was my personal opinion.

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Hey guys, you want me to take this one??? :ev: 

3. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

Its called support and loyalty. If you are a true Transfan, you will like them for what they are. I use to hate BWs now I learned to love them because its part of what I love. You will never see me complain about a Transformer because I like the good and bad.

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I'm not looking forward to them, per se, but I'm interested in holding a few in my hand. Worse case scenerio, they'll be one of my niece's new toys.

5. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

*raises hand* I can't stand the visual style. The show is entertaining, despite being ugly, but it makes for pretty unapealing toys. I might get the Primes, and Lugnut, but I haven't really decided yet.

Oh well, more money for other thing. (like the new Classics figures)

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Can we not start in with the "true fan" shit, again? I don't like them (or the meatformers) no matter what franchise they're part of. It doesn't make me any less of a Transformers, fan than any one else.

7. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

So far the only Animated toy I'm looking forward to is leader Megatron. There's nothing I'm really excited about in 2008. For 2008 I want Universe Powerglide & Silverbolt, TIE Bomber & Animated Leader Megatron (possibly Animated Skywarp). That's about it (so far).

I'm with you! Hasbro's not gonna get it right 100% of the time. You can't be expected to like every single figure they throw at us.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated toys have a G1-esque to them in that they seem to have a lot of play value. They're the toys you like to have as a kid.

I watched one episode of the show and haven't watched any others. I only want a couple of these toys because I don't play with my transformers like I did as a child but I can see how great these toys would be for my nephews and I love that. This is the first line that is child friendly.

Animated - hopefully child-friendly
    TFTM - too complex
    Cybertron - keys too gimmicky and some REALLY bad/complex molds
    Energon - scouts were nice and easy but the superlinking was complex yet crude
    Classics - child-friendly but now being bought up by collectors at a ridiculous pace and no storyline

9. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

I used to feel the same way. Watch the cartoon for a few weeks and you might change your mind. There's several things about Animated that I don't like, but I can't wait for the few figures that I plan to buy.

10. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

The only animated toy I'll get for sure is grimlock, and that's mainly because he looks like his g1 counterpart and he does look cool. Other than that, I "might" get prime/starscream and the other dinobots.

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Animate bites.

That said I will get Starscream, Lugnut and Magnus - just because he's magnus.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude, I LIKE Animated toys, and I knew your line wasn't gonna fly in this thread. :) 

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not looking forward to the toys. The show is o.k. but I don;t like the design style, but may buy Megatron and maybe Grimlock.
    That's fine by me though, because that leaves me more money for the Universe line. :D 

14. Hatch_1

Hatch_1 Well-Known Member

This is actually the first series I've been interested in buying the whole line since Armada. I like the way they look. There's a 'clean' feeling to them (if that makes sense) and it's certainly a different approach.

Truth be told, the only lines I've even bothered to dabble in of late are Titaniums and Classics. Unfortunately, the distribution was so poor for these in my area, I ended up only getting a handful of each (some of which I had to overpay for online).

I've yet to buy even one movie toy, which is something I feel a bit guilty about. Granted, it was not what I wanted to see on the big screen (I like science in my sci-fi) and the toys aren't exactly laudable but heck, any exposure is good exposure. Plus, they may even find a writer for the second one...

15. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    If you dont like I officially declare you all insane!!!!! :) 

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

"true fan" :lol !

it's no big deal if you like it or not, lol.

i mean i don't like every figure in the g1 through the movie lines, but i still like most. i mean no one ever said you had to like it all, or even, like any of it, you can like it, or you can hate it, or you can love it, or what ever.

no matter what hasbro does, there will always be people who hate it,a nd always be people who love it.

for example,

most people like the new tie bomber transformer, i do not, because it has that stupid grin on it's face lol. but most seem to like it.

how ever, i think the Trans Scanning Optimus Prime and bumblebee look pretty cool, especially since i wonder if it is possible to combine the two, and created weird combinations lol... especially if they make more then 2, and it can look like a combiner or something? lol.

but we all will like, and dislike things about every line.

and that's the beauty of it, YOU do not have to buy it all, NOR do you have to buy any part of it, it's all up to YOU, and YOU alone on what transformers you buy lol.

i personally, like the animated toys, i do not think they look like playschool transformers, why is that? because they look far more complex then playschool "gobot" transformers. lol plus they look funner then most of the current stuff, and as of now, my favorite line is cybertron, which i actually prefer, to classics, because the classics is so short.

how ever, animated, and the movie, lines are a totally new take on the transformers, while they still transform the same, for the most part, other then the automorphing parts, they are still, transformers.

but they look entirely different, and that is why i'm starting to love the animated line, because it is a new take on the formers, and for the most part, this is the most show like line, EVER. of all the transformers shows.

but, the point is, to each, his own, for we will all love and hate what we want.

love or hate animated, i don't care, i will love it, either way. :) 

17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no interest.

I think it's cool that Hasbro are trying a new style and the toys look great.

It's just that they don't interest me.

No big deal - it's only a toy line. :) 

Steve.

18. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    not everybody is going to like everything or every transformer line that comes out. i enjoy this line and its figures. it is different and unique and i think they took a risk and i think the response has been huge.

i personally have been sick of the old blocky style chunckers from past lines. the posability with this line and construction of each figure is 10 times better than anyline. transforming them are easy and unique and about 99% show accurate. my only beef would be the scale between some of them, thats it.

the plastic used reminds of the the urban artist vinyl figures, which i collect as well, gives them that softer matte finish to them instead of shiny plastic.

i love it.

19. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I'm not too interested in the line. The only must-have for me is Blitzwing...because I want a Blitzwing and G1 seems out of the question for the most part (rare and expensive; not to mention I'm not fond of the robot mode) and Classics is also (almost certainly) out of the question since Blitzwing is in Animated.
    Other than that, the only figures in the line that I'm interested in are the Activators...not really interested enough to buy though.

Also, may I ask how one could think that Leader Class Bulkhead looks like a Fisher Price toy?

20. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%. I am not liking the toys at all nor the show. I have tried to watch an episode or so but I cannot seem to get into the show. For me its the designs and the Jay Leno chins.