Am I the only one who doesn't use the Pile of Loot features?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by TacomaPrime, Aug 22, 2012.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I, unfortunately, am an instant gratification person. I can't stand the thought of having paid for something and not having it shipped to me. I just can't get myself to turn the POL on. I don't mind paying for the shipping, since it's only a few bucks. One of my quirks I guess.

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I know where you are coming from with this and I didn't use it for a very very long time. Most of the stuff I order from BBTS are Masterpieces and other high end stuff that I want right now, the second it is released. I have used the POL for a few smaller things recently from the Prime line (jet Vehicon for instance) that can wait until MP Sideswipe comes out, but the second Sideswipe is available I am hitting the ship button immediately.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I've never used it, either. But my rationale is that I don't make purchases often enough for it to make any sense. And I don't buy in anywhere near the quantity a lot of people here do.

4. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    BBTS would eat me alive in shipping charges if I didn't use it given the amount of stuff I order from them.

Half the time the items I buy I don't even get charged shipping period if I am throwing them in my POL, such as a single carded Star Wars figure.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Same here, I've ordered from them maybe five times over the past two years. POL is pretty much useless for me.

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    +1.

7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't use it that much because I don't buy a lot from BBTS. However, if there are items that are on pre-order that interest me, and expected to arrive in the same month, then I use POL to save on shipping.

8. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I started using the POL last year when more and more stuff that I wanted had release dates very near to each other. That continues to be the case. I should have turned it on sooner than I did.

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I've made sparse purchases with them, so I don't. Generally, I do put things in storage if I do have the option, like HLJ's Private Warehouse or whatever, but I'm always both afraid of making shipping costs too high or I can't find anything else I want, so I end up waiting an extra two weeks or so before my item ships.
    I'm dumb sometimes.

10. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I always turn POL on. Why? Because those shipping adds up if you buy them separately. I like to do preorder here and there and I feel better if they are sent directly to POL instead to me. If you don't buy from them that much then it's useless imo.

11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

I started using the pile of loot feature when I consolidated most of my toy buying to BBTS a few years ago. I don't see it being particularly useful to anybody who consistently shops across a dozen different stores.

12. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I use to not use the POL system but it just makes more sense for me at least to use it. Shipping adds up and this helps save quite a bit. Now i just wait and if there is something i NEED this second i ship the loot when that hits.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have things that I need now and things I can wait on. So, I use it but I won't wait like a whole year or anything, and generally I will ship if I have nothing left coming in for the next couple months.

14. sh002

sh002 Banned

i'm using it just this once. i have about 70 items of different sizes in my pol. some are cases. shipping is only $58 right now. $5-10 shipping per item individually would have been $350-700 over the long run.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

It doubles as a site gimmick to keep customers loyal and always buying. A decent strategy actually.

16. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Never used it for a long time until I gave it a try when SDCC Gohan came out.

I'll probably be using it from now on since the shipping charges are really great for someone like me.

17. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Never used it. When I buy stuff, I want them straight away, unless it's a preorder.