Am I the only one who doesn't hate the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ispankmyturtle, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    QFT!

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

There are quite a few people that like them, and even some fans who ONLY watch the movies. I quite enjoyed the first one, and still watch it sometimes. ROTF is not as impressive and a little stupid, but it still has some cool scenes that redeem it.

3. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I love them. First is better than the second. Third is going to be better than second, but may not top the first.

In the end, I loved them, and if there are a lot of people who hate them, I counldn't care less for this reason: Enough people liked it to warrant three full, feature length films. I love Trilogies. SO, DOTM could make $500 or $500,000,000, it will not matter to me because I got my trilogy.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I liked them a lot.

Rho one scene in Revenge of the Fallen made me facepalm and go "wtf?". The scene where the helicopter drops the body of Optimus like trash on the ground, no respect whatsoever.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is one thing I liked about ROTF. I liked the mix with the military and the distrust of the Autobots. I like stories where some group doesn't see the heroes for what they are, and even makes their lives more difficult. It even happened a bit on Transformers: Cybertron. I remember seeing a preview for DOTM where there was grafiti on the wall crossing out the Autobot symbol. Cool stuff.

6. casabonita

casabonita Autobot

News Credits:
    I enjoy both films, a lot. Bay did an awesome job bringing robots to life. Are they as dimensional as I'd like? No but nothings perfect and I am really not keen on the idea of a reboot being crapped out so quickly. I hope the dust settles on DOTM before anything is decided. Like someone already mentioned, they're popcorn flicks. Take them for what they are and enjoy! People are just hateful towards Rosie cause she is a supermodel and they think their opinion of beauty is the standard (I think she is gorgeous) however, I trust Bay when he said this cast is the strongest they've ever had. He's got something to prove and apparently the role is meatier than the Megan's in the first two films so why would he set himself up for disaster just to see T&A show up on set everyday. He wouldn't.

7. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    I enjoyed both films about equally, RotF might have seemed even better to me simply because it had more action, and that's all I'm really looking for.

There's a group of people who hate bay and will hate any film he ever makes. There are also people who will nitpick any film they decide they don't like, and exaggerate to extremes to sound like they know what they are talking about.

Examples from above, there was one cock joke in revenge of the fallen, yet a couple of posters who say the film is full of cock jokes. Another person said there were multiple humping jokes, there was one. This is what people do when they decide they don't like a movie, they lie.

You can pick apart any movie and find plenty of flaws. No film is perfect.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I love the movies. Well, ROTF could have been better, but for the most part I love the movies. They're what brought me back into the TF fandom, after all.

9. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I love the movies! Everyone knows that the people of youtube HATE EVERYTHING. No joke. They hate everything.

10. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

I don't think (I could be wrong) that there isn't a movie ever made that can please everyone. There will always be haters, lovers, and people in between. I enjoyed them for what they were, a summer blockbuster film as it was already mentioned before. The most memorable moment for me though, was when I saw Optimus Prime for the very first time on the big screen! ROTF on the other hand, I had to grade on a curb. You have to take into consideration that they rushed it out during a writer's strike. While it was not a great movie IMO I felt it had a lot potential.(and plotholes) Even though I don't want to raise my expectations, I think this next movie might be good. I think this because It's michael Bay's last Transformers movie according to what I've heard. Though Hasbro wants to continue with the movie franchise. Verdict: I liked them.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In which you make a very good point. We may well have been discussing old Beast Wars episodes, or the newest crap port of a Transformers series right now. But we're not. The movie brought the bots back into the limelight that has never been felt as much as it is today (not even in the 80s). We got TF: Prime because of these movies, and based on the popularity of the movies, we may even have Animated because Hasbro decided that their franchise was worth putting some effort into making cartoons that make sense.

People refer to Transformers as that cool summer movie (well, the non-chiwawas do), instead of that old cartoon from the 80's.

12. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I love the movies, warts and all. They ain't perfect, but for what they are they are great. Big dumb summer fun!

I always find it funny when people complain about how dumb the movies are... I mean... this is Transformers, not Shakespeare...

13. Mykamusprime

nothing can be truer than this!!!

14. dark_rampage

dark_rampage Well-Known Member

I always loved the movies - once you get sucked into to them ...there's no getting out.

Some things I didn't like though ... like the unnecessary jokes (dogs humping multiple times, Wheelie humping, Leo spazzing out way too many times (once was okay))

Regarding he scene General Magnus commented on: that was the point of the scene ... to show the disrespect they had for the autobots, to make you think WTF.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No, I really enjoy them a lot. Yeah I get that they're not perfect, and sure there's a lot that I would have done differently.

But damned if I wasn't there at midnight for ROTF, and I'll be there again for DOTM. Saw ROTF 4x, and my cousin and I are already anticipating that DOTM will be at least a 5-timer. And I can't see any reason why I won't automatically be getting DOTM on blu-ray when it's released.

16. Mykamusprime

I actually bought the first movie several times. The one with the transforming Optimus, Megatron, and Bumblebee boxes, the blu ray, and from iTunes. RotF I have on DVD and on blu ray. I even memorized almost all the lines from both movies and sometimes actually use them In real life situations. :D 

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I loved the first movie. I think it's a really good movie and it's on my list of favorites easily. ROTF disappointed me because I feel as though it dropped the ball after the first film. The first set things up perfectly, but ROTF just didn't live up to the potential introduced in the first movie. Loved the idea of NEST, but the actual execution and lack of time devoted to the concept hurt it.

Still, I adore the movie verse overall. It's my favorite TF verse. It has many of my favorite incarnations of the TFs. I like many of the human characters.

18. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love the movies. It took me a LOOOONG time to really get into the "Bayformer" aesthetic, and I now love the character designs.

Yeah, some of the humor really blows, and Megan Fox is simply horrible at everything, but (IMO) the good outweighs the bad. I'll take the Twins and Bumblebee pissing on people if I get to see Optimus be a complete badass and rip faces off.

19. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I like 'em both. Both have their flaws, but I still find them entertaining.

20. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

I love the movies!!!!!!