Am I the only one who "dislikes" the MP?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by HIM666fan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

From a design perspective, I would have let people create their 'load outs' (weapon / special) choices, and then create their characters. Let it be unlimited. Upon a game startup, choose your character, and then your loadout you want to use. I use the same loadout for all 3 chars for 2 types, and then for the other 2 types, I use 2x are the same. So I pretty much only have 6 types of loadouts, even though there are 12 characters, and I'd like to have like 50 characters to choose from, just for fun. :) 

2. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

You're kidding me right? With as many repaints as there are in the various Transformers toy lines there's plenty of room to use even the same chassis as both Autobot and Decepticon. Example: My scout 1 slot. Autobot is Bumblebee while the Decepticon is Bugbite. And believe it or not the colors are actually correct on both. For my Titan 1 I have Perceptor and Magnificus (the Diaclone black repaint). Or the other way I go with it is to have it the same character regardless of faction. Like my Scientist 1 is Shockwave correctly colored on both factions.

3. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

It's just the lag.

4. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    +1

5. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Sure, if that's what you want that's great. I prefer the way it was in War for Cybertron where you can have a different character/mold for each faction. Don't understand why they stripped it out of Fall of Cybertron.

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

WFC you had to have different models (which ok, I can see your point on that one) but there was still only one name per slot so in a way it didn't really make much sense. Like one of my Leaders was "Rhinox" but the Decepticon model was based on Blitzwing so I wind up with a Blitzwing named Rhinox.

7. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    So far I only hate the balancing in term of how the game decide who is on which team. They should work out a formula to limit additional players joining in the middle of a game to the team that has better player who actually had the outstanding number of kills.

I see game that my team members quited so it was down to like 3 vs 4 then another player joined in opponent team making it 3 vs 5 or like 2 vs 4...

8. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    That would cause balencing issues for example....

Scientist+cloak+sniper = overpowered

Infiltator+scrapmaker+shield=overpowered

Destroyer+cloak = overpowered

Titan+hoverslam+scrapmaker = overpowered

and thats just a few

9. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

The full game version of multiplayer is disappointing. The demo version was better by far.

10. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can you expand on what you think "was better by far"? Not saying I agree or disagree, just that we can't have much of a discussion without knowing those key points.

11. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    the only thing this time that tees me off with the FOC MP is the Scientist's lack of barrel roll ability. that's just dumb. but starting to warm up to the game, even with all its flaws.

i could go on and on about the lack of multiple abilities for robot and vehicle modes, the fact that i couldn't really go lone wolf anymore, or the lack of killstreaks (i'm satisfied this time with the color schemes for the Bots and Cons..).

but i'm handling it pretty well. what i really still can't believe is that jets can't barrel roll. again, that's just stupid. i understand about HMS's quest for balance and fairness in MP, but jets that can't barrel roll is just plain dumb.

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I started playing Multi last night, in Conquest, and saw this ALOT. At least 4 games it was me and 1 other guy vs a team of 6... and then sometimes it'd be the other way, our team of 6 vs 2 poor schmucks. Why couldn't it have just made it 4 on 4?

Besides that though I do kinda like it. I'm having a problem melee'ing, I don't know if it's a delay or what but it seems like I miss with the melee alot. I'm sure it'll just take practice. Loving the little "shoot the bomb out and detonate it" gun.

13. itMFtis

News Credits:
    Didn't we used to get xp for killing sentries? I think they should bring that back.

14. Orion Paximus Prime

Orion Paximus Prime Banned

you still get 100 for killing sentries. My only complaints are no automatic weapons for the Leader class and no vehicle abilities. Those are sorely missed.

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I've only gotten that once, every other time I don't get any points.

16. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

You're right. Some times it registers, other times it doesn't, and I've no idea why it does, or does not register. Seems to be a bug.

I like that they added points for killing it (well, when it does work). Used to be a no-op in War for Cybertron.

17. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Three shots using path finder will finish that sentry up and I recorded 100xp is granted. The time you may not get it could be because it's master might have been killed? Or the master just self destroyed it ?

Anyway, I haven't checked but I also spotted it one time i was dueting a lv.16 inflitrator who can throw a EMP grenade right after another within like 10 seconds.. I thought that reload was way too fast... I am not sure if that was legit or a cheat but I thought quite frustrated to challenge this dude... Also a guy with lv.24 scientist who really dominates the overall number of kills and I thought he switched to an inflitrators in the middle of the round... But I didn't have picture proof... These couple of guys really defends a node fairly well....

As of switching role during a game is possible if one just quits the game then re enter by chance since conquest don't have that many games running at late night.... Landing back to the same previous playing game is possible... I wish HMS would give us a bit more freedom to join a game with a list of current games... But yeah I know there are pros and cons...like probably the better players might not get anybody to play against if they can identify who is who.... But for some beginners might be a bit overkill to encounter someone who is higher rank and has way better weapons... I got the feeling like a soldier with a knife facing off a machine gun turret ahead....

18. itMFtis

News Credits:
    When I kill the sentry, it's definitely me killing it and not the scientist deactivating it or dying. I just don't get any indication that I received xp.

As for the 2nd part, you know you can change classes mid round right? Hit start - choose character. You respawn as the class you picked.

19. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Also, I see the system rewards more xp to a lower rank whatever finishing off a higher rank. But what about for a higher rank finishing a much lower rank? I guess they should be rewarded much less xp.

Also, I think the sequence of landing a game should be determined by picking a character first -> then the server arrange you into a game... That would basically play with the similar range of level of player per its character chosen... That way will be more balanced...

20. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Sh_t , No,I didn't know. Oh man........ Thanks will try... So do they reward all those XP separately into the characters you chose during the match?