am I the only one who DISLIKES batman?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Crazy Ramjetty, May 17, 2012.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

at first I thought batman was kinda cool but now I'm just getting sick and tired of people going "batman is best superhero because he's batman" and "batman beats everything". batman is not that great a superhero, he has no powers, and aside from a few fancy gadgets and some martial arts training, he's not all that good, aquaman could kick his ass easily, so could flash, and spiderman, and the fantastic four, and almost every other superhero. anyone else annoyed with the whole batman craze?

2. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

Yes.

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

1. of course he does.

2. check number 1.

3. nope. i say its not enough.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm sure Batman dislikes you as well

5. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

:lol 

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I too have a certain dislike for him, but it is actually for the opposite reason: He is too efficient. This is more a comics problem, but still goes back and forth in adaptations. He is a Mary Sue, he is the world's greatest detective, a millionare, the world's greatest fighter, can build anything, no one can disagree with him in the comics [otherwise they're wrong], he has one HELL of a Golden Lotus treatment. If the League disagrees with him, he'll take them out in the most nonsensical way possible.

They pretty much made him an all-seeing entity of Doom in the comics. No one can best him because he's the goddamn Batman. And I seriously think that destroys the [supposed] entire point of the character: Humanity, he's no longer human, THOR is more human than Batman these days.

This all culminates when someone says they like Batman because he's a "human" hero, he's anything BUT a human superhero. Ever heard of the Punisher? He is a human superhero. Does anyone give a damn about him? Nope.

Batman is one of those rare heroes that is better on his adaptations than his own comics.

7. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I like Batman.
    I don't like the dick sucking contest that occurs whenever he shows up.

8. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

Batman himself is ok, I just don't like the villians because they're really creepy

9. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i hate bateman he is the worse hero ever why in the hell did DC made a character have just geek teck???

10. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

Because not every superhero has to have powers.

And its Batman, not bateman.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You know that people like him because well, they can't be Superman or Spider-Man?

12. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

^Yeah, they just have to be rich :lol 

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Sure, they need money for the gadgets, but martial arts and studying isn't that much.

14. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    What ever! Batman is still by far the worse hero ever! Look at stark at lease he has a suite with repulsers and suff!!

While batman has barely anything!!!

batman should die!
    the deffintions of superhero is someone that has powers and not has powers!for exaple is wonderwomen has powers batman has not! So he should not be a superhero!

15. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

No. Just, no.

16. Overlord Balder

BULLSHIT it isn't, Batman fights better than all the UFC Combined, has the IQ of an Einstein [which you can't. Bloody. Acquire] and the strategist skill of Sun Tzu, gadgets that normal technology can't even hope to reproduce and enough CEO skill to outmatch goddamn Microsoft.

No training will ever get you that. Batman is just as fantastical and out of reach as bloody THOR is.

17. Arbitron

Arbitron Banned

Well, Thor is a God/Alien. Batman is an absurdly perfect human. I'm pretty sure Batman is more likely than Thor.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm going to stop you right there and tell you you're wrong and you should feel bad.

That's only in the hands of a bad writer who doesn't get Batman. Batman is not the best guy for every situation. He is not just a super-smart asshole who yells at people. Batman is an icon that people can look up to. A person who the poor and the weak can see an be inspired by. He is not a God. Writers who make him so super smart and so super clever are falling victim to the image the character portrays in-fiction. Batman is a genius, but he's not unstoppable. He has been wrong, he has been misguided. He can't show the people this because it would threaten his symbol status. However it seems some writers, especially writers who make Batman look good by making others look dumb (*cough*FrankMillerDarkKnightStrikesBack*cough*) don't get this. Batman is a cool, collected person, yes, but even he has his limits. Sometimes they're physical, sometimes they're emotional, but they are there. This is why I dislike Batman stories where he takes on aliens or stuff that takes him away from Gotham. It robs him of these traits.

It depresses me that people consider him a Mary Sue because he's not, but he has been portrayed that way. Every character can have high notes and low notes when they have decades of history at the hands of dozens of different writers. The problems people have with Batman are not fundamental problems of the character. I'd call you uneducated, and while that's not incorrect, it's not your fault. You had a bad teacher. That why people get so upset when a character is mishandled in stories, because it spreads ignorance.

Batman is and always has been a self-empowered character. His is a story of a man that, motivated by a tragic act, used his pain to give him purpose, and that purpose was saving the people and the city he loves. All his money and training and his mask is just the details. Batman's defining character trait is his will. Writers think this makes him invincible, or emotionally removed. No. He is a human being, in every way. A good self-contained story that explores this is War on Crime by Alex Ross. If you think Batman is just a rich over-intelligent jerk who puts down others, track this story down and see what the character is supposed to be.

You're getting muddled in the details, and again, this is ignorance bred from ignorance. Everything you just said is not true. That's just flavour by writers to make stuff interesting. He's not Einstein-level. He's made no scientific discoveries or beakthroughs. His main field is forensics and criminal science. And he is not an unstoppable fighter. How many times have common street thugs managed to land a hit? And the gadgets? That's just technology of comics in general. That sort of stuff is almost commonplace.

Have you seen Batman the Animated series? That's Batman. Not invincible, not even untouchable. Not the wold's brightest mind. Again this is where the bad writers' dirty finngers smudge the fundamentals. He's the world's greatest detective. Detective. Not rocket scientist. A lot of his more amazing gear isn't even developed by him. That's why supporting characters like Lucius Fox exist.

So Batman sucks because he uses technology. Iron Man is okay though because he uses technology.

Wait...

No it is not.

A superhero is someone who saves lives and goes above and beyond to protect people and do what is right. You don't need super powers for that. Iron Man doesn't have powers, Green Arrow doesn't, Hawkeye doesn't, the list goes on.

19. Overlord Balder

Absurdly perfect human my ass, Batman is a super-human.

20. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

everyone as an opinion, but many will shoot the OP down when he compares bats strength to actual superhero's. While we are at it, why don't we say, spiderman aquaman FF etc would get their ass's kicked by superman, when he has almost no weakness. And we all know superman's weakness.

I just do not buy into the batman is not that good, his backstory, the comics, animation series, the villains, the Nolan films, the games, the fan-base of the Burton films. It is huge, the villains are fantastic, bats tech and Bruce's wealth is always a great interest, and comic book fanboys will always love batman, it is probably one of the first comic books loads of fans probably picked up. Look at the animation series, for a PG series, it is so dark. It is the greatest comic book film franchisee in history, it is the only comic book adaption that can be taken in so many different directions. And that shows how versatile the world of Gotham truly is

Plus batman is a trained fighter. We add his wealth, the great ability to lead a convincing double life, because do not forget there are allot of rich PPL in Gotham. Even though PPL who do not know the fact, that Bruce is Batman, it will always be the flawed part of the Batman/Bruce character. Plus Bats wanted to help Gotham, that is why batman was created, by cleaning up the streets, and doing what his father always wanted for Gotham, the dream, of a city that everyone can enjoy and be safe from criminals. A clean Gotham, a safe Gotham, it is the foundations on what the batman character was created to do. And that for me is a good enough reason to call batman one of the greatest comic book hero's, in the history of comic books