Am I the only one who did not like it at all?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    I found it essentially terrible. At least one and a half hour of pure boredom. The humor as usual was horribly juvenile, and the robots once again were background characters.
    I'm not going to expect many people to agree or side with me, cause you all seem in love with the latest cool trend.
    But I went in with very VERY low expectations and I still came out utterly disappointed. The final battle revolved way tooich around the humans.
    Prime is not the prime I know, it seems Bay made this movie for people to just cheer and yell at when the typical deception got slaughtered by the all might Nazi autobots.
    I've given my reasons, so don't automatically start throwing a hissy fit cause I have a negative opinion about this really horrid movie.

2. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    There's already plenty of topics to post this in. :) 

3. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    I'm tired haha
    Shoulda searched.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You hauled your ass to an opening day midnight showing in the middle of the work week to see something you knew you wouldn't like? And then you didn't like it?

I'm shocked. Oh well. Sucks to be you.

5. unicronic

unicronic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Plenty to like about TF3 and plenty to loathe. Simple as that.

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When you express your opinion in public, you need to accept the fact that peoples' individual opinions will differ, and therefore may debate the facts/issue with you.

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Low expectations can often lead to pleasant surprise. On the other end - high expectations can easily work the opposite way. He didn't say he expected to hate it - he simply didn't build it up for himself. He gave it a chance, and it didn't deliver for him. This is my situation as well. There's nothing wrong with that.

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    This is so true! I went to see X-man First Class with the lowest expecation ever when it comes to movies, and the movie not onlt pleasantly surprised me, it blew my bloody mind! I couldn't believe how good it was compared to the first three sh**fests!

After reading the DOTM novel I had high hopes for this movie, but now after reading all of the opinions and what's happening in the movie, my expecation are singking like the Titanic...

Same thing happened with ROTF actually...deja vu!

9. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

That's how I'm starting to feel with DOTM. I had such high hopes because of the drive shown by Bay and Co. to redeem themselves and the excerpts and plotlines I read from the book made it sound like they finally solved some plotline problems. After reading so many bad reviews by critics and fans alike, I'm kind of going into it now with post-ROTF viewing expectations.

10. duster

duster Well-Known Member

That is what spoiling yourself with the novels and the comics does to your expectations. Most of my friends who were just casual movie goers totally enjoyed the movie but a friend of mine who knew the transformers lore very well was disappointed. "To each his own"

11. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

This. I had very high hopes for this movie but now feeling like I'm going to see it just to fund the remake/reboot/sequel.

The critics opinions don't bother me at all, as I usually disagree with them. When the fans start saying the film is terrible, my hype for the film falls like a rock.

12. newgen

newgen Active Member

Critics were right on this one - an awful film. Pops and explosions a plenty but I really really wanted this to be satisfying and respectful to the TF universe.

Lots of easily avoidable oddities just spoiled the polish that you'd get from something as strong as this franchise.

I really really wanted this to have been good.

13. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    I dunno i thought the film was pretty awsome it surpased my expectations. Its kind of funny listening to the people who didnt enjoy its typical...

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    No you didn't want this to be good, and I can tell because you're spamming every topic with the fact that you didn't like this movie.

15. newgen

newgen Active Member

Spamming? All the threads I am responding to are relevant topics with criticism to the film.

I feel you are a little unfair and bleary eyed through your (3D) rose tinted glasses. I am simply keen to discover if anyone shares the same opinions as myself (and clearly there are a few) about the movie. I am sharing my opinions on the gripes I have. Simple. I am passionate as you are about the franchise, clearly.

I don't mean to piss on your party and you clearly like the film regardless, so I apologise if my views annoy you.

I'm not posting your threads accusing you of fanboyism and 'cant see the wood through the trees'. This is thread to discuss "why we didn't like it". And I was disappointed.

Thanks kind sir. :) 

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    He got his wish then. It wasn't good by any stretch. It just...happened.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's one thing to dislike a movie, but given that statement, it sounds like there's not much that could have been done short of a completely CGI movie that could have satisfied you.

18. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nobody likes a person who can't separate thoughts on a movie from thoughts of their fellow fans.

19. PANTSMAN1973

PANTSMAN1973 Well-Known Member

Give the OP a break. His points are valid ones. I enjoyed the film, but was also left a little flat at the end. Generation 1 fans are passionate about Transformers, so some of us are bound to have different points of view.

My main gripes are that the scripters went a little off type with the characters, especially Prime, Megatron and Shockwave, but they got it spot on with Starscream and Ironhide.

And the other is the usual. The stupidly week Decepticons, throughout the whole trilogy. In particular Megatron, Shockwave, the Fallen and Devastator.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

In the same boat. For a while I was really starting to think well damn the production team is really going to step up to the challenge of making the film about more than just an opportunity to show off what can be done with special effects.

That somehow the film was going to be a more well rounded movie, and while it might not be a great Transformers movie at least it was sounding like it could be a really good sci fi action film.

Now with all the stuff I've been hearing I'm considering if I shouldn't just skip the film like I did X-Men 3. Just wait out the movie mania for whatever comes after the film push and DVD push dies down. It doesn't seem like there would be much of gap as a fan in general if I skip the third film and try to forget about the other live action films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.