"Am I the only one that.."

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tm Tarantulas, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never said they did.

edit: I can humor you though, by saying that a majority of the people who hates G1 are bayverse fans though...never saw this kind of G1 hate from the fandom before the movies.

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I totally do that! The combined mode heads just look so much cooler, especially with Heavytread.

Am I the only one who has Movie toys and Classics toys on the same shelf?

3. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    am I the only one who knows that when a reviewer complains about a figure because they can't get the wheels to roll on in alt mode its because they didn't transform it right?

edited version:
    am I the only one who knows that when a reviewer complains about a figure because they can't get the wheels to roll in alt mode due to something dragging or causing a 'no clearance issue' its because they didn't transform it right?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Well, I have seen reviewers that have done that. However, there are some figures that just don't roll well.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That I think G1 and the Movies are both piss poor writing and equally overrated and that everything else is better.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Am I the only one who likes the Energon combiners?
    - Am I the only one who doesn't mind TFU 2.0 Ratchet and Ironhide?

So, with the "Rage of Hercules" set coming out, does that mean you'll need to buy another Hercules set, so you have one to display with the upgrade and one without? :p 

Nope, you're not alone. I'll probably get FoC Shockwave, but he's not going to displace Shockblast, who still looks great alongside Cybertron Soundwave and Henkei Megatron in my Classics Decepticons display.

Not my entire collection, but I've done that with all of my G1 figures. The only one I haven't done it for yet is G1 Cloudburst because there's not a Reprolabels set for him (yet). It's amazing how much a quick wash and a new set of stickers does for a vintage toy.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Am I the only who doesn't see the point of having having complete Season "x" collections?
    Am I the only who hates metal?
    Am I the only who hates chrome?
    Am I the only who thinks that most of the adults collectors are crazy maniacs?
    Am I the only who prefers certain toys smaller?
    Am I the only who actually understands that getting smaller figures is better than what other countries pay and spending hundreds of dollars on a collection of bricks?
    Am I the only who hates all of your fancy DMK's and Revoltechs?
    Am I the only who can enjoy classics and the movies?
    Am I the only who finds alt modes completely useless in the G1 cartoon, Energon, Dark of the Moon and Animated?
    Am I the only who would want back Ultra instead of Scouts?

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    No, you're not the only one who dislikes chrome, and enjoys the movies, and prefers certain toys smaller.

Am I the only one who thinks DOTM Deluxe Ratchet is probably the best Movie Ratchet figure we ever got?

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Am I the only one who does not see the 3rd party appeal of waiting months and months for one figure that costs about 8x more than any one of the same engineering caliber (and based off more interesting characters) I could just go out to the store and buy?

Am I the only one that thinks the overpriced Takara versions of toys, especially in light of Arms Micron, are grievously over-rated?

Am I the only one perfectly satisfied with buying Hasbro releases?

No.
    No.
    I don't hate it, but I can totally live without.
    Most certainly not. Sometimes I wonder how some of these people function in real life.
    No.
    No.
    Probably.
    No.
    G1 and Energon, yep. But I don't see how they're useless in DOTM and Animated. Hell, the intro to DOTM shows the Autobots using their alt modes as disguises. Holy crap!
    And hells no. Bring back Ultras! I'd rather have them back than scouts or leaders, TBH.

My bro.

10. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    i am the only 1 who owns grasshopper!

11. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Hercules is still too small.

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Count me in as well.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Heavytread's head looks a little big, but then again I like actually giving him limbs, so hey :lol  But Icepick totally uses his combined mode head, since 1) his regular head is small, and 2) his combiner head is so unique for a TF.

And no, I have plenty of movie and classics toys on the same shelves. Hell, the only ones I keep separate are TFA and TFP toys due to the aesthetic.

14. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    I never said I liked nor disliked the entire line. I never said I wanted it to die, I never said they were poorly designed, I never said they looked ugly or any of the sort. I can see why others like it, but I'm just saying that I don't get enjoy it like others do. That's not to say I don't happen to like a few toys here and there, but in the end...I'm just gonna say I can live without.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Not at all, he's a great figure. Although honestly, I think all the movie Ratchet figures we've gotten have been pretty good. Their size is sometimes a bit off, but in general they are good figures with fun transformations, good proportions, and decent articulation.

16. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    am i the only one that buys legends/legion class figures to display with g1 metroplex and g1 trypticon? even to the extant of having dotm soundwave, barricade, crankcase, and crowbar alongside tfp vehicons? and rts legends autobots and tfp and dotm autobots with metroplex?

am i the only one that really liked the dreads, but cannot stand the hatchet figure?

am i the only one that gets that any fiction evolves and changes, and does not remain static, such that character and story elements change by the iteration, and that this irritates long-term fans of any fiction?

am i the only one that's typing this after downing a margarita?

17. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Me as well.

Am I the only one who is happy enough with his/her choice to get RiD Prime Optimus instead of FE Optimus?

18. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Whats wrong with collecting as an adult?

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Nothing wrong with being an adult, but most of the "serious" collectors are the ones who demand things like perfection, faction symbols, chrome, or perhaps more paint.

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Nope! you are not alone!