Am I the only one that wants to see Starscream back on top?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Necromaster, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Seriously, he was awesome when he was in charge of the Decepticons, but nowdays he's the butt monkey of the show. He's lost his rank, his ability to return to the Decepticons, his T-cog, and-- as much as I hate to admit it-- his dignity. It may be too late for him at the rate he's tumbling downhill, but is it possible that Starscream could make a triumphant comeback as a proper antagonist? Something that would redeem him and make the viewers say "Hell yes!"?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm sure he would. After all he's slowey starting to get back on top with him getting the Apex armour and reattaching his T-Cog into place. And Blum did tell us that he's going to have bad luck for a while this season. I mean he still needs to have a confrontation with Megatron otherwise it wouldn't be a tradition.

3. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    well right now he is more powerful than optimus and megatron....lol kinda

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

No you're not. I want him back in charge. However, until now, I thought I was the only one so we're probably alone.

Starscream had more character than Megatron, his plots were more interesting than Megatron's and there were more character interactions because not everyone blindly followed him without question.

Unfortunately I believe the comic relief Screamer we have now is the one they plan to keep. I think the only reason Starscream was ever awesome was so Megatron could look like a huge threat when he dethroned him.

5. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    I agree, Starscream plots are boring these days unless they involve Arcee, which is why I'm excited about Friday's ep.

inb4 Cliffjumper stans. He's DEAD!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea Starscream needs to get back to the serious threat instead of being the punching bag and butt of all the jokes. When they decided that Starscream was going off on his own and he wouldn't be crawling back to Megatron it seemed so exciting and full of potential.

It would be so nice to get some pay off for the story going in the Starscream on his own direction instead of being so G1 with Starscream can't do anything on his own.

7. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I keep getting the feeling he's going to pull a Baron Ashura and pull off some grand scheme that puts him back on top at the very end of the series.

Either way though, I'm perfectly content with pathetic Starscream.

8. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Seeing Starscream hit rock bottom. Is a stable of his character stemming back from the 1980's. Anything else would be out of character.

9. callMEcrazy

callMEcrazy Member

My sentiments exactly. TFP seems to be working hard on the development of every character. The balance has to be there. They can't screw a lot of characters to make Starscream look very good. But maybe they can do a little bit better with what they have.

10. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

While I'm not a huge fan of rock bottom Starscream, I have this suspicion that he can only get his mojo back by kowtowing to Megatron somehow.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to see him get somewhere that's not being the butt monkey of the show.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah problem is that Prime!Starscream hit rock bottom and began excavating. I was desperately hoping he'd at least go in the direction of his Armada incarnation, in lieu of anything new.

13. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when i read the title of this thread, i thought to myself 'not sure if fanfiction'

14. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I'm rooting for 'Screamer alright.

I wouldn't mind Starscream hitting rock bottom if it meant some kind of development and later success for him. He was the most promising character and now he's turning into Waspinator.

Until recently I was thinking that the writers drag Starscream through hell so that he can not only get some karma to please the audience, but also to learn from the experience and become a bigger threat (or just evolve in any way other than pathetic). At this point I only expect him to become Willy E. Coyote 2.0, so if anything close to Starscream not blowing himself up with ACNE dynamite happens I'll glee with joy.

15. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I'd love to see him back on top. Though I'll be honest I don't hate the position he's in now - it puts him in hilarious situations which work so well with Starscream.

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Starscream may have fallen far, and he digs himself deep, but despite his oceanic position, with the Apex Armour on his side, he may yet climb back up the mountain.

Besides, he gets into wacky shennanigins. I enjoy wacky shennanigins :lol 

17. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    True, true. Still, it needs to come sooner rather than later.

Only because he has the Apex armor. Even then he's still a joke.

THIS.

Starscream was just a far more interesting leader than Megatron's been recently. Not everyone liked him-- Skyquake refused to take ANY orders from him whatsoever-- and unlike some of his previous incarnations, he actually knew what he was doing. He was intelligent, cunning, ruthless, ambitious, and a tad sadistic. Megatron, on the other hand, is all like "HERP DERP LET'S GO GET SOME DEUS EX MACHINAS DERP." (You could say that Screamy did the same thing with Skyquake and Dark energon, but that's different.)

If this is the role the writers of the show are gonna put him in for the rest of his days, I may have to punch my monitor. I'd be that steamed.

I honestly thought that he would get something big accomplished myself. So far the best thing he's done is steal a plot device and fall down a hole.

I know I'm not.

Okay, that's fair enough. Making sure that other characters are consistently balanced in terms of power from episode to episode to avoid backlash by the fandom... that I can live with.

...Then again, there's Hardshell.

This. Just when you thought he couldn't sink any lower, he began digging his own grave.

That would be kind of depressing, but if this keeps up that may be his only option.

giggity

Not getting blown up, beaten or otherwise humiliated in one episode would definitely help Starscream in climbing the ladder to recovery. Then again, the writers aren't gonna let him do that-- they'd rather dump garbage on him and laugh.

True, true. But it's going to get tired real fast if this keeps up.

Also true. Starscream does have posession of the Apex armor, which may lead to something bigger... assuming that he doesn't lose it. If he did, it honestly wouldn't surprise me by this point.

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're asking too much of those writers. What we want with these characters doesn't matter. Their Starscream was designed to be a weak over-effeminate whipping Mule.

They just like to write about hordes of Decepticons getting slaughtered wave by wave.

So they should change the name of this show to "Transformers: Escalation"

19. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

he will return to the top, don't worry. one has to start at the bottom before one can reach the zenith.

20. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want him to be back on top!