Am I The Only One That Says "Meh" When I See New BB News?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Awesomepow, Dec 24, 2017.

1. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    You're not alone.

"Meh."

Unless Will Friedle voices Bumblebee, there's no news.

• Like Like x 1
  2. agent j 15

agent j 15 poopity-scoop

Not SUPER excited, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hopeful that it's somehow amazing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Silvia

Silvia Well-Known Member

I do not want to say anything until the trailer come out.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While I agree that one day the superhero films and the mega budget action films will go the way of westerns, musicals, and all the other things that had their time in the entertainment sun. I differ on the timing.

It feels like ages ago when people started predicting that spending $200 million to $300 million to make a movie couldn't stand forever because at some point even spectacle can get boring. I think people have been saying since the first Avengers movie that it was the last big year for superheroes. Any bumps in the road have fueled speculation that the pop cultural dominance of Star Wars was near. All these things will have their big era end I just can't tell you what year that will be. Maybe next year is the last big year for superheroes or maybe 10 years from now we are going okay all these superhero movies in the top ten at the box office has to end soon.

Sometimes it feels like Hollywood doesn't look at the big movies that flopped this year but they look at the big films that did make money during the year to go hey we need to throw money like that at a movie because we will be the successful one not one of the flops.

It's also what makes it so hard for Paramount to know if the Transformers time at the top of the box office is over or not. It seemed like each film after Revenge of the Fallen that some people were predicting the Transformers franchise would run out of gas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm not as excited as I was with previous movies. The reason for this is probably because we haven't been able to really follow the production closely and see new bots, action etc.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Honestly, I'm excited for it. I seriously enjoyed The Last Knight, and Bumblebee is my favorite character in the franchise. I'll happily watch a movie focused on him, especially one that seems like a refreshing smaller scale story like this and isn't directed by Michael Bay (even if he's still a producer). However, I understand why others might not be enthused for another adventure starring the little yellow guy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

I am excited, I’ve always enjoyed Bumblebee so I’m not against getting more of him. However the main reason I’m looking forward to it, is to see what Travis Knight can do.

I love Bays spectacle always have, always will! However I’m ready to see what a fresh vision can do, it’ll be interesting to see.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I don't care about Bumblebee.
    I don't care about Travis Knight.
    I don't about movies that involve girls next door having nervous breakdowns and having a lot of hankerchief moments.
    So no you are not alone.
    I liked TLK. It was a great and unconventional movie. I want a sequel.
    This has all the markings of a typical indiemovie style ego-project.
    I am not going to watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Similar To Mine:

Bumblebee steals the spotlight.Overpowered.
    I don't care about Travis Knight.
    I don't care about all these random girls breaking down in tears.
    I am not alone.
    I want Transformers 6.TLK was good,I want a sequel.
    This has all the markings of a typical indiemovie style ego project.
    I will not watch it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    :lol 
    Bumblebee IS overpowered. But that is not the main problem.
    Him and the humans stealing the spotlight is.
    But we're not gonna remedy that in the current "universe".
    If we ever do get a new storyline or reboot or whatever maybe the best thing would be to not start the war in the first movie.
    I think a Transformers comedy in the style of MTMTE or Sunbow episodes like The girl who loved Powerglide might draw back audiences.
    There would still be action and drama! but the focus would be on comedy and on establishing several Transformers as characters.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think you bring up a good point that it could be far too easy for people to pass on this movie.

If you don't like Bumblebee then why bother to see the movie? If like a whole lot of people you aren't on the Travis Knight train because you have not seen Kubo and the Two Strings then the director's name isn't selling the movie. It's a prequel so you already know they can't really do anything substantial because it can't mess up the studio plan to be a Marvel/Disney clone. Bee is in zero real danger because we know he lives to be in the main films. No globe trotting this time if you just loved seeing places that don't normally get destroyed in movies. A lower budget so the level of spectacle is going to have to toned down and if people remember how spectacle was cranked down on GI Joe 2 cheaper can leave a bad taste in your spectacle loving mouth.

It just seems like there isn't really a negative to skipping the movie. Even if it is a really really good movie 2018 is going to be flooded with movies so missing a movie here or there isn't the end of the world. I've heard Coco is really good but I haven't seen it yet and the world has not ended because I have missed some of the good stuff from 2017.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    100% Agreed.

13. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Although I absolutely WANT this to be an awesome movie that we all love, the two main things that have been said over and over again about it are:

-Less Transformers
    -It’s gonna skew much younger finally

Neither of which are things that get me excited. I know AOE and TLK tried really hard to be edgy and more mature, an for me those efforts started off with great ideas and then fell mostly flat in execution, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want them to try and tell a more adult story.

Who knows? Maybe this will be a fun and charming movie with heart that is exactly what transformers needs to feel good again? I’d be happy.

Also don’t discount the fact that the movie is still a ways away and there has barely been any marketing for it. Show me some bots in motion and I’ll want to see more.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Ditto. I'm really over it at this point. Bayformers are just exhausting to suffer through.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    You two keep going on about girls crying, what? And you're describing a new movie based off the what 4 billion dollar franchise? That isn't indie....at all. And Last Knight was fuckin' terrible sit down.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    Girls crying, the cornerstone of literature :p 
    TLK was fun. It may not have been highbrow writing, but nothing really is. At least it didn't pretend to be something it isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I liked Rogue 1.
    I’m looking forward to Solo.
    (Hopefully better than TLJ).
    I’m looking forward the the B.B. Movie.
    (Hopefully better than TLK).

• Like Like x 4
  18. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think that Bumblebee Movie will have a chance in the South Asian region owing to the fact that the movie seems to be marketing towards children.

Superhero movie boom is definitely over here. The only superhero movies which brings audience to the theaters are the Marvel movies. DC will have packed theaters on the first couple of days thanks to loyal fans, but that's about it. The only exception being Wonder Woman where lots and lots of girls attended. That's the first time I've seen so many girls coming to watch an action movie. Usually women here prefer romantic movies and cheesy Bollywood movies (no offence) with dance numbers.

Anyway, children's movies are a constant when it comes to theater attendance. There will always be an audience for them here. They love the 3D gimmick too. Which is the exact opposite for adults who seems to have gotten tired of this useless gimmick now. Sure, it was a hit when it first came out and theaters here got converted to 3D, but the novelty has worn off. Same can be said to superhero/action movies. When asked, people say "It's the same movie again and again. Why bother going to the theater when you know how it's going to end. We'd wait for the home release". This has gotten to a point where the Power Rangers movie only opened in 1 theater in my country and only for 1 day. Why? Only 5 people showed up for the premiere show. 5, just 5 (including me).

Theaters here are in trouble. Audience isn't coming for action movies like they used to. Nowadays, the theaters show 5 different movies on the 5 timeslots instead of 1 movie throughout the 5 slots.

Don't get me started on Transformers. First three Transformers movies still holds several box office records here. Toys were everywhere, movie push brought in Generations and cartoon based toys here and it was a good time to be a Transformers fan. Then with AOE things started going downhill. People stopped caring. Movie toys slowed down and Generations and other stuff stopped coming. If there was ever was an example as to how movie toys help other TF lines, it's this. Without the power of the movies, Transformers toys have no life here. Then TLK happened and our worst fears realized. The bad reputation of the movie became a domino effect. Only one shop for the whole country brought TLK toys here... and it was just 3 figures. Just three. It was the first wave of Deluxe class. Bumblebee was the first to sell (still that dude has potential). Berserker and Barricade are still on the shelf. No one's touching them. How can they be when the Deluxes are going for US$67 here. It's a crime, that price. I bought AOE Voyagers at that price back in 2014.

Pushing Bumblebee movie to December is a wise move in my opinion. Christmas time is when toys sell the most. Nowadays, movie toys are only popular for the first two weeks among children. They move on so fast once the next big thing is here. Since Bee is closer to Christmas, it'll ensure a big toy push. That's why I'm so optimistic for Bumblebee: The Movie. This could be the big turnaround.

Having said that, I do hope Paramount reconsiders what they are doing. After 5 movies, the formula on Transformers movies isn't working anymore. They are no longer spectacles they once were. When people are going out to movies they spend more than the ticket price. They invest time from their busy schedules, they have to spend money for transportation, snacks and lunch or dinner. So, they expect something good in return. Something good from the movie they are going to watch. Why bother going, if Transformers movies aren't giving it to them? They could just stay at home and stream something. Bumblebee Movie may at least give something to the children where parent will appreciate.

I think Bumblebee: The Movie will be the most valuable movie of the franchise since the first movie. So much is at stakes here. Success or failure may determine how the Transformers movies will be in the future, or whether there'll be a Transformers movies at all for the near future.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Hugh Jarsol Jr

Hugh Jarsol Jr Active Member

Ebay:
    "Meh" is an understatement
    They should just stop

:horse: 

• Like Like x 2