Am I the only one that Hasbro lost?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by imr.dirtcars, Feb 11, 2009.

1. imr.dirtcars

imr.dirtcars New Member

I hate to say, but Hasbro really lost me the past year or two when it comes to Transformers.

I think the TF movie(s) are terrible.. The Animated Cartoon looks more like a Warner Brothers knockoff then Transformers, and there is nothing that keeps me interested.

I just saw the movie Devastator images, and i can't really believe how excited people are about him.. he's nothing LIKE devastator..

At this point i don't even think the writers of the movie even know anything ABOUT the transformers.

I want the transformers to look.... well.. like Transformers.. Not some Warner Brothers Cartoon.. not some hunk of random shiny triangles ala the movie.

Why, can't we have Transformers.. that look like Transformers? Is that too much to ask?

You wanna know where my money has been going the past couple years? G.I. Joe.. the OTHER toy i played with as a kid.. because at least now the toys on the pegs look like G.I. Joes! they even have the same card packaging as they used to.. and i love it.. (granted the G.I. Joe cast got the X-Men all-the-same-costume treatment for the movie), but at least i have Joes i can buy that still have that nostalgic feel to them.

I dunno.. am i alone on this?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Probably not alone, but I'm not one of you.

In fact, the movie is what resparked my interest in Transformers, and Animated only strengthened that. :) 

3. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

By the way, writing and designing robots have nothing to do with another

4. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

Agree 200%

For the gijoe fans, I will be selling all of my g1-1983-84-85 toys

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly while I'm not a huge fan of the movie or animated style I respect their ideas and I think its a good thing that they mix it up from time to time just to bring in new ideas

The movie had a sound logic for the change to make it more believable and face it human faces would have looked rather WTF.

Animated I consider an experiment in style and that's why I'm happy its ending on a high note.

Now if you really want that old school feel theirs universe and the reissues so I really dont see a need to bitch as they have all the big bases covered.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hang around for a bit and I'm sure you'll find more than a few people who agree with you. Which is fine by me. Just means more toys for me. :D 

And welcome to the boards. ^_^

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Well, technically Hasbro still has you if you're still buying GI Joe stuff ;) 

8. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Again, someone who just doesn't understand how things work.
    You gotta understand, The movies aren't G1, and Animated while is suppose to make some of us G1 fans happy about the homages and the mythos was really about aiming towards kids who were once our age into Transformers.
    Hasbro can't always appeal to those of us who are approaching our 30's or 40's, that was why we got the Classic lines and atleast characters for the movies that are from G1 mythos.

9. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then Hasbro hasn't really lost you.

It's win/win for them.

EDIT: Curse you, Grimlock 13, and you're quicker typing than me!

10. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still buying them. It's not G1, and it will never be like G1 again. So it's something we have to deal with. After all, it's plain business - they make toys to sell, and we buy it.
    If reissues starts to sell like crazy and turn the movie toys into shelf warmers, then we'll have G1 back. But that's near impossible.

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have nothing but love for Hasbro right now.
    I've had great Universe stuff, fantastic Animated stuff and I'm gearing up for absolutely awesome ROTF stuff. Loved the first movie and its toys BTW.
    It's a great time for me. :) 

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't understand all the hate for some of these lines. While the movie line may not be what you envisioned, it's still cool. I mean all of these toys are the same basic concept anyhow. A vehicle or animal that transforms into a robot. You can only do it so many times before you change up the style. Or if you keep the same style mold or the same mold people are crying at how many repaints there are. I don't get or understand it. I'm new to the game again. Only been again collecting since Nov. 07. I guess it's like anything you get tired of it after a while.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

My feeling's exactly.

14. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I'm trying to figure the logic behind some one joining a Transformers forum and their very first post being this enormous tl;dr bitch-fest about how they're pretty much done with Transformers.

Shockwave would question your logic, then probably shoot you :c

15. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    it'll pass mate, everyone who is of a certain age feels that way initially I know I did however its the other way around for me, I far prefer the articulation and imagination of the new toys over the blocky shapes of the original :) 

16. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like where transformers are going and to hang around for 25yrs you have to change it up to make everyone happy. I will go watch the gi joe movie but it doesnt even come close to transformers2. I mean alot of ppl gripe about the movie but bay had to make a movie where ppl who were not fans wanted to go see it. He couldnt make a movie for just fans then it wouldnt of made as much money as it did but thats just my thoughts.

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro has been very good to me. So has TakraTomy. They have been so good I never have enough money :) 

I suppose it doesn't have to be Transformers, if there's something which satisfies your collecting urge I'm happy for you.

18. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

I'm kind of grateful for Animated and Movie toys only in the sense that it gives me another reason not to spend money. The only line I've spent a dime on is Universe 2.0 recently, and then Classics (including MP Starscream).

I have on occasion considered buying an Animated toy due to being a fan of certain characters like Lugnut and Bulkhead, but am just not a fan of that style (which is the reason back when I was 8 or 9 I enjoyed the Batman TAS series, but not the toys themselves, though in hindsight, the style surprisingly fits).

19. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well you win a few and loose a few. You can't please all.
    I was very sceptical about the Movie designs etc... they didn't look like what I thought TransFormers should look like... - but in fact they grew on me and I liked them.
    You know there's a new TransFormers design for every new generation of kids !... that's how things evolve.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yes.

Animated + Movie = win.