Am i the only one not so hyped for a reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Apr 9, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    :redface2:  if they do reboot, i just dont think they should and start ALL OVER even though thats how transformers franchises usually work, but to me, not a movie franchise. Basically to me, its like if they rebooted the "rush hour" or "jurassic park" franchises with different characters. just wouldnt work for me :/

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No, I think a reboot is unnecessary, illogical, and pointless.

3. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Either embrace or don't watch. The only chances we really have, being as none of us make the movies. At least, that's how I see it.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I don't think they should reboot the first. RoTF, yes.

5. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A reboot is different from a remake.

Rebooting means starting a whole new film franchise, disregarding the current trilogy.

I'd be up for a film reboot, but not for a few years. I'd kind of like to see a TF4 just to not have a trilogy. Basically every Sci Fi/Action film is a trilogy these days. Be nice to see a few break the norm and just have 1 sequel or be a 4 part series.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree with you, having to start over with all new characters and designs seems like a waste of time.

7. Kenny dude

Kenny dude Banned

Yes agree but what can we do , there are more haters then us were over power nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Way, WAYYYYYY to early to even think about a reboot.

9. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

... get back to me after DOTM comes out, then I'll talk about a reboot or not.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I get the feeling some of you just don't watch very many films.

Every so often Batman gets a reboot because of lots of factors. And even though it must seem like everyone on the planet must know that Batman's parents were killed they still cover it every reboot because somewhere there is some little kid that hasn't heard the Batman story yet. By the logic here Batman must be fail because we have to reintroduce Batman, Joker, and all the other characters every reboot.

Plus the people who go to the movies are a darn fickle lot so you have to make some big changes unless you want to your franchise to die a slow death. Ofter them the same thing too many times and they develop a feeling of been there done that even with popular film franchises.

I do love the irony though that G1 fans are given heck for not giving up the past but you guys don't want to give up anything in the film franchise for something new down the road from film-land.

11. Kenny dude

Kenny dude Banned

Yep there goes spiderman

12. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Way too early for a reboot can any of you please stop making these threads beacuse we don't know after transformers DOTM comes out. theres like 4 threads about reboot, for god sakes you G1 fan haters if you want a reboot you get when this series finishes, for now just enjoyed this last film can't any of you do that (facepalm) I forgot some you hated bay from the begining damn it.

13. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Am i the only one who's pumped for DOTM?

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Am I the only one dying for a new trailer?

15. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

YES This x 100

16. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I don't know, if you do a search I think you'd find out :wink: 

17. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I kinda want to see how DOTM turns out.

If it's ass like ROTF, then I wouldn't be opposed to a reboot.

If it's legit like '07TF, then perhaps I'd be interested in what they could do with further installments.

I'll get back to you on this...

18. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    For this, I direct your attention to Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

19. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Well to be fair if there is a rebooting I'm hoping the character designs are going to be a bit more solid and less sliverOmetalbots. AT least that way you're going to be able to tell just what the hell is going on, on screen.

And you know maybe this time a Transformers Film can centre round, oh I dunno, the TRANSFORMERS as characters rather than just making them a special effect andthe story being about the humans.

For some reason the Movies seem to have been focused on Bloody Sam, getting a girlfriend, or going to college or getting a job. Spike in G1 was just a way for the kids watching to be introduced to the characters.
    And I'm not blaming the writers here, they're doing an excellent job of the storytelling in Prime. They've encorporated the humans into the Bots lives in a way that makes more sence than in the movies did

20. butz

butz slippery when wet

It's passive aggressive shit like this that creates such a huge rift in this fandom.
    Furthermore, you're totally changing the context of two arguments to fit them together to make a point (and fueling the animosity on both sides in the process). Not wanting a total reboot (in the immediate future) is not the same as saying they don't want "anything in the film franchise" changed; the OP even said he simply doesn't want to completely start over yet. And the (often over-stated) argument levelled at G1 fans isn't that it should be forgotten or left in the past, but rather that new and separate continuities (which there are, IMO, too many already) shouldn't be forced to repeat what was already done in G1 just for the sake of nostalgia.