Am I the only one dissappointed...

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by NotFastEnuff, Jun 22, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I don't mean to pee on anyone's parade, but I, personally am a bit dissappointed with the guests at this years con. Last year we had Cullen, the BW actors, which I loved, plus all the comic folks. I just feel like they're grasping for guests. Maybe it's just me. Any thoughts?

2. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

we have a beastwars guest, we have the IDW COMICS panel, so i'm assuming there are going to be comic people there, we have cullen AGAIN, and teh movie writers, and stan bush. the only one i feel now is grasping is that NRG guitarist, but still cool none the less. i to am disapointed that not more actors from the movie will be there, but still, for my first botcon, i'm glad we have who we have and that is quite impressive.

3. devstar37

devstar37 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    we do have peter agian if you read the schedual of events

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:

Peter Cullen IS going to be there.

5. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I'm well aware Cullen is gonna be there. I'm just getting at last year we had the pre Beast Wars set, so we had a lot of BW VAs there. Great group of people. This year we've got the G1 style set, so why not more G1 VAs or something. I just feel Stan Bush and the guitarist aren't people most fans really want to see, but that's just my $.02. I'd much rather have had some more G1 VAs or people from the new movie, or something. And in regard to Cullen, I'm not one for standing in line for HOURS, so, like last year, I probably won't meet him.

6. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    With both movie writers and cullen, this is the best list they could possibly have had this year. There is so much other great stuff this year that probably costs $$$ and therefore they couldn't afford too many guests. Maybe next year there will be more people from the movie.

7. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never really understood people who expected some of the movie actors to show up. I thought at best they were going to get a few of the voice actors but that was it. If you look at the level of celebrity they put in the movie there are really only two potential people who are "small" enough fame wise to come to the convention and that's Shia and Megan Fox. Shia is suddenly riding high on his films and is working on Indiana IV and Megan is a few film bombs away from needing to the convention circuit, although I am positive she will be there one day. Don't get me wrong, she is gorgeous, but I've yet to see her as anything besides a pretty face and a hot body and let's face it there are plenty of those in Hollywood.