am I screwed again? (ebay)

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Shokaract, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

Man, Ebay and Paypal just love to eff the seller! I sold my Botcon Scourge on Ebay a few weeks back. I shipped the item with confirmation. Never heard back from the dude but I assumed all was good. wrong! He e-mails me a few days ago asking where the bio card is (several days after it has been delivered). He demands that I find it and send it to him. I told him that I wrapped in some of the packing material so it wouldn't get cut if he used a boxcutter to open the package. I don't hear anything back so I figured he either found it or realized that he threw it out by mistake. Wrong! My paypal account is now in the negative because he filed a claim! what the hell am I supposed to do? I know 100% for sure that the bio card was in the box! If I get this straightened out I'm never using ebay or paypal again! this isn't the first time something like this has happened and I get screwed!

2. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Dude, that sucks for you. He probably just threw it away.

3. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Dude that sucks man your going to have to go throught a time consuming process with ebay/paypal

4. red4

red4 Banned

draw a new one out of crayons, send it to him, and tell him to "go fo' coff".

5. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I would so do that if i were you, be funny as hell :lol 
    What a dick, he probably didn't pay attention and tossed it in the trash.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

if you had delivery confirmation, and the item was delivered, then he can't claim item was not delivered, or paypal would not have given him the funds back so fast without asking you to provide proof. If what your saying is that paypal refunded him the entire purchase price because he claimed a piece was missing, well, paypal just doesn't do that without asking the seller to RETURN the item with tracking so that paypal can use that tracking info to make sure the seller gets his item back, and THEN refunds the money.
    If the buyer claimed that he got nothing, and you have proof of delivery, then paypal will give you your money back, because he's lying. You can open up your own investigation.

i find it very strange that paypal just refunded his money without giving you a chance to provide a rebuttal. under the worst paypal has ever done, that seems even unlike them in the worst scenario.

i've gotten screwed over by paypal many times as a seller, and we have little protection anymore, but we still have some, and as long as you can provide proof of delivery, or the buyer can provide proof of return, then paypal can not refund the buyer.

i'd look into that if i were you.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Paypal didn't refund it, they pulled the funds so they can refund them if they decide they have to.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

What can ya do, the dude's a dick. Forget the revenge stuff, just stay away from him completely. It'll just be more hassle.

Contact Paypal and be like wtf. I thought they had to send you some type of agreement contract or a few warnings atleast first before they sipher anything out.
    That's supposedly the time period when you fight it, maybe too late now. Sucks ass

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's why since my first set of Ebay sales I take progressive pictures of me packing everything into the box, and then a final with the shipping label on it.

Much easier to refute a BS claim when you have a series of pictures showing A-Z.

10. red4

red4 Banned

Send him a dead skunk. He'll love it.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Reason #507 why I don't sell on Ebay and just sell on the boards, sheesh.

12. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, I stopped selling on ebay. Too risky. Buying is awesome, selling sucks.

13. Shokaract

Shokaract Banned

yeah, to be clear paypal hasn't refunded him yet, but they've taken funds from my account and placed them on a temporary hold. He filed an "item not as described claim" and there's pretty much nothing I can do to fight it. How can I prove it was in the box? I can't. If he does decide to ship it back for a refund then paypal is fucked because I don't have the money. They can't take what I don't have.

14. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

actually,

yes they can. Due to a deal gone bad here ( i had shipping proof) paypal refunded the buyer ( past the 45 day limit... watch that credit card provider clause) and put my paypal into a NEGATIVE $200. i could not use my paypal account, even though it was taking funds from my CC or BA, untill i paid off that negative charge.

So, even though i was covered under paypal, they still screwed me over because of the buyers CC issuer refunding the money, then going to paypal to wine, then they took it from me, even though i had shipping proof.

it took me 3 months of sales to build up to a $0 balance again so i could start buying things with my cc and ba through paypal.

even when your a rock, with no blood, they find ways to make you bleeeeeeeeeed

15. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Just tell the truth and be very adamant that you know the biocard was included. Even speculating that it was scrapped by the seller might be worth mentioning. Also, always respond if the PP dispute requests it of you. Failure to do so is a forfeiture of your funds; dispute closed in the buyer's favor.

If you lose the claim, the dude has to return the item to you, which costs him money to ship. Some people decide this is a greater loss. I've had 1 or 2 BS claims similar to this one where the buyer just didn't ship within the time provided so PP returned my funds to me. Also, call PP immediately if you lose the dispute. If you've been a long-time user and have a clean record they might offer you a courtesy credit. Just don't call them greedily requesting or demanding one.

16. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

yes, this actually works. in the 10 or so years i've been with PP, i've had this happen 4 times.

17. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

Okay, so I would fight the dispute saying that you did include it and it was packed - exactly as you described. If he continues to refute that demand he return the item for a full refund. He will have to post it with tracking to satisfy paypal and he may decide it's just not worth the time and effort.

Put the ball back in his court. Force HIM to make the decision. It sucks that you may have to issue him a refund, but at least you'll get your item back.

18. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    god that dudes a small shrimp dick, but really i try to buy off the boards, better than getting f'ed on ebay.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You could offer a $5 refund as part of your Paypal rebuttal. He might take it and wash his hands of the matter. Worst-case, you still look like you offered to make it right.

20. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    agreed