Am I missing something here?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Darthbane2007, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Okay, you have Optimus and the autobots working with NEST to root ant decepticons and stop further attacks. But I just thought of something.

First, he doesn't share the Weapons tech. Sure it would be dangerous if it fell into the wrong hands, but imagine if some robot like Devastator was unleashed in a populated city. With no way to stop it.

And wouldn't it be beneficial to try and foster relationships with other countries and base autobots there? I'm not sure going to a country, defeating a big decepticon, and leaving the cover story that it was a big toxic spill would be good relations with the public. Would it hurt the guy to make a few public appearences instead of throwing out these cover stories?

2. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Yes, because cover stories have always been used by the government to cover up everything from aliens to assassinations. Think about the mass panic that would follow the knowledge of Transformers hidden among us that are evil.

3. Darthbane2007

But The autobots aren't helping by helping covering it up either..

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You sort of have to wonder if the humans aren't pulling the wool over the Autobots eyes. They tell Prime they want the Autobot weapons tech but then it turns out the rail gun the humans developed was stronger than the weapons we see the Autobots use.

Now it's true that maybe the Autobots haven't pulled out the really guns yet and we will some massively powerful Autobot in the third film, but still you get that odd feeling of maybe Prime is right in not totally trusting the humans.

Ha ha, maybe one arm of the government is working with the Autobots with NEST while some other part of our government is buying weapons from someone like Swindle behind the Autobot's back.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I completely agree. I also have to wonder if the railgun was a response to the Cybertronian presence on Earth. Or possibly in anticipation of it - Simmons knew of its existence, despite not working for the government in any capacity any more, so it seems logical that the railgun was in existence before he was fired (then again, Simmons does seem able to keep his finger on current developments).
    I'd LOVE to see that...!

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Hmmm...a thread from TF3's "Great story"?

7. Echnalaid

Echnalaid Watermelons?

Ebay:
    I'd like to see chapters of NEST stationed around the world, each led by a high ranking Autobot.

8. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

First of all, Cybertronian technology is WAY superior to human technology. Same applies for weaponry. The human weaponry can damage cybertronians, but isn't higher than cybertronian weaponry.

So, Blackout could destroy a whole military base, though, he got damage. A great example of cybertronian superiority over humans.

So, a huge combiner, in a city? Kinda hard to believe that with humans having railguns, sabot rounds, and weaponry that can damage cybertronian armor, also with the Autobots aiding. Though, the combiner would form only if the components aren't stopped before they come together, which I also find hard to believe wouldn't happen unless it's a surprise attack.

Imagine the chaos that could happen if the world finds out that aliens that are huge, powerful, advanced and can transform are among them. Mass chaos. And something like racism would happen to the Autobots, but worse.

So there.

9. Darthbane2007

We can always assume that Intel uncovered from the 100+ years of studying megatron would have had a hand in it..

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While it's always tough to say what they may or may not do in the third film that could be an interesting story hook. Do the humans have other weapon systems they built from a study of Megatron out of the fear that other robots may come to Earth?

While NEST has learned to trust the Autobots could there be other elements of the government that are ready to turn on all the Transformers and not just fight the Decepticons?

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm. *ponders* Uh oh... depending on how closely tied movie Megs IS to G1 Megs, that could be nothing short of disastrous. Imagine an interdimensional black hole linkup antimatter weapon going wrong...
    Well, we did almost see a trend starting towards that mistrust with the government dickhead in ROTF. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn of contingency plans against Cybertronians being in place for a very long time.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    You also gotta remember that the rail gun by itself did not defeat Devy. It simply shot off his arm, which caused him to lose his balance and fall to the ground. He broke apart under his own weight.

13. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS!

The first movie established that ALL technology was because of Megatron, so our own tech and theirs are closely related, they are just way farther ahead of us.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The Large Hadron Collider maybe not what it seems?

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I'm sure not many people would have the balls to round up a posse and chase off a giant robot who could blow them all to shit in five seconds flat. :2c: 

16. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Hasn't stopped people from being stupid before!

17. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galloway had no problem talking shit to Optimus (he has some MAJOR balls for that scene in the movie)

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Not really; he's a typical bureaucrat; an efficious asshole who thinks he's untouchable purely because he has government backing. Plus, he's counting on Prime being one of the good guys.

19. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I understand Optimus not sharing their weapons technology. From the point of view of the U.S. Government why would you want to let other countries some which you might not have the best relations with have too close of a realtionship with the Autobots? To an extent you are forcing their hand a bit and it gives you an extra bargaining chip. These other countries know about the Autobots because they have to work with the U.S. to eliminate the threat if it were to arise.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I still can't believe they managed to cover up the final battle in the first movie.