Am I going insane?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFFAN1977, Aug 13, 2010.

1. TFFAN1977

TFFAN1977 Member

Ok so I just watched the 09 Star Trek film "yes I know I am a bit behind"

And as I am watching this I take a lot of notice to the Narada, and wonder if it is me and my wild imagination, or is that ship looking like a what could have been a unused design for Movieverse Unicron?

I remember before trek had even began filming over on the DM boards there was talk form Orci and Kurtzman about Unicron being a wish to do in TF2 and the thought of him being some weird ball of space gas etc etc.

Even my wife noticed this ship could have been a bayitised Unicron, extremely massive, capable of destroying a planet, lots of sharp mandibles and the Bay trait of metal meets organic feel.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before I tried the search.

but I just want to know if I am the only one to notice this, or if I am that far behind or insane lol.

2. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

:useless ...yeah i could google it but you brought it up, lol...seriously tho, i love theories like this so hit us with a pic or two (or at least a couple links)

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

I don't know... it would definitely have to be more rounded in my opinion.

4. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

nice shot, i could see it as a Unicron design if he had a sleeker travel mode...but in scale to the planet, the ship only looks to be about the size of his head

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Enlarge it by a factor of one million, then we'll talk.

But yes, I see what you mean.

6. TFFAN1977

TFFAN1977 Member

here is a link showcasing a lot of scenes of the Narada from the movie. (please mute speakers unless you like blink 182)

YouTube - Starfleet VS. Narada

According to StarTrek cannon the Narada was five miles long and several miles wide, and I remember when Bay was once questioned about bringing Unicron to the movie-verse he was quoted as saying "Unicron from the 80s cartoon was to unrealistically large to be believable by the avg movie goer" so he was going to pass on the whole Unicron idea. well this would be a good downscale.

at the given size of the Nerada it would still be the largest transformer on screen and as shown in StarTrek very capable of destroying a planet in much the same manor as Unicron in the cartoon universe. definite god like threat to the universe

and when you study the design of the ship, it is very much in the same vein as the Primes and the fallen from the movie in appearance, very ancient looking for transformers.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    That might explain, why this ship does not fit into Star Trek, just like the whole movie.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

On another related note it seems, correct me if I'm wrong, Ryan Church both did concepts of the Narada and the Nemesis.

I see the reason for such an appearance. Spikes all around its a bad guy ship.

Smooth blunt head with complicated pieces and a tail good guys. As seen with the Autobot transition mode and the Jellyfish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think it's wishful thinking on your part.

There's several theories on why the Romulan ship looks the way it does.

The theory that I believe was put out was that the ship also contains Borg technology.

Though my favorite theory came from reading an issue of Cinefex.

One idea was, that as Nero put it, the ship was once a 'simple mining vessel.' However, after being sucked through the black hole and into the alternate reality, the time-travel effect mutated and altered the ship, causing the spikey growths.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I've always liked the Borg idea, myself.

Anyway, yeah - it kinda looks like it'd work nicely as a movieverse unicron.

I don't know what you were doing watching "Star Trek," though. That shit's for nerds. Only the cool kids watch Transformers.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I thought the ship seemed more like a nod to the Shadow ships from Babylon 5. Whatever it's a nod to it just doesn't seem to fit into Star Trek so it must be a tribute to something.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    If you take the IDW prequel comic as canon, then the Nerada was originally a mining ship, but enhanced with Borg technology after the destruction of Romulus. It's been a while since I read the comic so I don't remember the exact reasoning for that, though.

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Nero killed the Praetor who survived the Hobus nova and taking from him his spear staff symbol of authority but not before torturing him of a secret cache of reversed engineered Borg tech. Using the spear as proof he tricked the one in charge of the base that the Praetor's last wish was to take revenge on the Federation.