Am I Going Crazy? Maybe...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, May 7, 2006.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well last night, I had my first major bout of insomnia ever. I am a very nocturnal person by habit though I always manage to get 8 hours of sleep. I keep things together and do a pretty decent job in school. However, last night I felt I was falling apart mentally once I saw the sun was coming up. I suddenly just incredibly insecure, and I started doubting everything. I doubted my worth, my talents, if I was loved, just everything. I guess this goes along with insomnia when you start to get unstable. I haven't really told anyone, because I don't want to worry my family or my gf. After I sleep after one of these bouts of insecurity, doubt, and balling my eyes out i'm fine. I wake up and wonder "WTF was that all about last night". Right now i'm perfectly fine, and I don't feel the least bit down. Maybe I should go see someone or go buy some sleeping pills to keep me from getting insomniacish again. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I have no idea what triggered all these feelings, I was content last night before all this went down.

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

According to your profile, you're 20... I'm no expert, but I've been having problems with insomnia (often accompanied by depression, very much like the scenario you described) since I was in grade school. For it to suddenly start this far down the line, I'm guessing either something recently happened to you to cause it (which perhaps you're not quite ready to deal with) or its been there all along and you've been able to somehow keep it supressed all this time. If its at all like my situation, then I'd guess its the latter. I'm also a very nocturnal person, and can also supress the problem on my own for periods of time- sometimes years.
    If you're at all concerned that it isn't going to be a unique occurance, then theres no shame in seeing a doctor (hell, even if it is unique it wouldn't hurt). It could simply be an issue of something with your body chemistry being a little off (serotonin and whatnot).

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a hard time sleeping if I take a nap in the afternoon and then follow it up with a bunch of Mountain Dew. The crazy part.. that's all the time. :D 

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Kinna know what you mean. When tryin to go to sleep all the negatives, fears and worries come out to haunt me.
    Then the anxiety kicks in and I just feel like kicking something.

Only way to go to sleep anymore is to try and stay awake so I can pass out :lol 

Seems like we think the most when were aboyt to g oto sleep , and mostly of the things that worries us the most. Like regrets or debts, they really mess with ya.

It's pretty normal I think, doubt your going crazy.
    It can often happen if you feel overwhelmed by responsibilities or have alot of worries that you try keep hidden. It all like's to come out to the open mind for some reason when were tryin to go to sleep.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ive been working graveyard shifts for YEARS..I know what you're going through...I don't know if the insomnia causes depression, or depression causes insomnia. So you're not going crazy..unless we all are.

6. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

thank god I thougth it was only me....

Its still kinda creepy though

7. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Hey, I'm normal now!

this kinda thing happens to me too. I will get bouts of laying in bed, feeling worthless. I get very good sleeps those nights though. o_O 

8. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I was having problems sleeping a few weeks ago too... i just banged the hell out of my ex and i slept great.

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Nah dude, I know what you mean. I haven't slept well in a while now. I try to go to bed, and that's when all the things that are bothering me tend to come to the surface and anxiety about everything kicks in. So I get you with not being able to get to sleep a lot of the time.

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

There are times when I simply can't sleep, for example Saturday night I stayed up all night just messing around with stuff on my computer, then got about 3 hours of sleep, as long as I don't do that more than one night at a time I am OK, but I have been known to do so 3 or 4 nights in a row sometimes.

As far as the depression goes, I have always noticed I feel more negative about myself and life in general when I am physically exhausted. That's just when I tell myself, "Your tired, it's all in your head, and you will feel better when you get some sleep." -and 99.9% of the time I do!

11. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I remember the times I couldn't sleep 'cause of my problems. What? I had a lot of issues in my home for being the best student in my class and the 2nd in all the school. It was like this since I was 6 and it ended in High School, thank god. I was always under pressure and that cause me a lot of nights woth insomnia.
    Well after that when I get mi 1st job, it was a living hell and I was sad every night, not only sad but angry too.
    I hate when I can't sleep.