Am I getting conned? (long story)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, lets just start at the beginning. About 3 months ago, I won a reissue Predaking off ebay for $150. I was happy, as he was one of my grails. I asked the seller if I could send 2 payments for the item, as I didnt have all the cash up frount, and he said fine with him. I sent the first payment right away and he recieved it fine. Then about a month later I sent out the other money order for the remaining amount. I messaged him on ebay about a week later to see if he recieved it yet, and he said he hadnt, and then I stopped getting ebay messages from him, and I started to freak out, and I posted a thread here, which some of you may remember. But then I noticed that his messages were going to my email address and not my ebay account for some reason, and he had recieved the money a few days after I first sent out the email asking if he recieved it, but he said that it looked like it was run over and stuff. I called him to talk to him, and he said he would send it out the next week.

So I wait the about a week after he said he sent it, but it didnt arrive. I called him, and he said that he sent it, but he recieved it back and that he must have had my zip code wrong. OK. Thats understandable.

Meanwhile, in the middle of my wondering where my Predaking is, he asks me if there are any other TFs that I am looking for, and I say Fort Max, not expecting him to have one for sale. Turns out he does, complete and even with the Sword of Primus, he was askin $350. I say Ok, Ill take it. I send him $200 up front, and say that I will send the rest when I get it. I also asked him if he would be interested in my G1 Prime with metal plates, and he says he will take off $100 the price of Fort Max for him. So I send out the trailer, with the remaining $50 in it, and I call him a couple days later, and he said that he recieved everything fine. This was about a month and a half ago, before Botcon, because I remember calling him, and he said that he would also pick up a set of Con only exclusives for me for $500. (Megs, Waspy, 2 birds, and Tigatron) I say Ill think about it, and he says he would get them just incase.

Then about 1 week after botcon, I call him to see if he sent out my toys, which he hadnt, for some reason, he needed a bigger box I think. He said that he was at a big card show, and he picked up a huge collection of Magic the Gathering cards, from the earlier years to now, almost every card, including the 2 Black Lotus, worth over $1000. He said that he would let me have the cards for $500, which is what he payed, but he already sold 1 of the Lotus for $1500, so he made his money already. So I say sure, but I dont have the money at hand. He says I can send him $250, he will send the cards, and my toys, then I sell $250 worth of cards, and send him $250. I say sure, but let me get the $250 first.

I ask my buddy, who is also into MTG, if I can borrow about $200. I usually borrow money from him for TFs and stuff. He says for what, and if its for transformers, then no. I tell him about the MTG cards, and everything, and he wants in for half. He pays $250, and I pay $250. I say fine, but I get the Lotus.

I tell Fred that I will get the money soon, and that I will also send it soon. He says Ok, but he will be heading up to my area in the next couple of weeks, so he would be able to hand deliver it to me. I say great, and I will have the $250 then.

So fastforward to 3 weeks ago, when he was originally supposed to arrive, he says that he is stranded in Indiana, and cant make it because he truck broke, and he wont be able to make it for about a week because the people trying to fix his truck crapped it up really bad. I call a week later, when he said he would be able to make it again, and he said that he was in Manitowack(south east Wisconsin) and his truck was still getting fixed. He said that he would be able to make it on Wednesday(last wednesday) I call him then, and he says that his truck was still being fixed, and that he will try to get here by the weekend. The weekend comes, and he said on Sunday that they got to a late start that day, and wouldnt be able to make in time, because he was about 4 hours away from me. He says tuesday for sure.

At this time, Im sure that you are wondering why I hadnt asked him to ship my stuff, but I did. He said that he was going to on the weekend if his truck hadnt gotten fixed, but it did, and now that hes about 40 minutes away from me, it woudl be pointless.

He said that he arrived in Edgar, which is where he supposedly is now, on monday, so he is in the area. I called him today, and he said that he had to run around town, selling stuff from his wifes grandparents, because they had died, and his wife had to come up here to settle the will, which is why they are up here. I say fine, would you be able to meet me at the highschool in Edgar, it would only take 5-10 minutes, but he says that he is really busy, and cant. I say ok, and he insists that he will make it tomorrow, even if it takes him waiting for me for 3 hours.

So, at this point, Im not sure what to do. If he cant make it tomorrow, Im going to ask him if I can meet him in Edgar again to get the toys I payed for. Another weird thing is that when ever I talk to him, he says to make sure that I bring money. It may be for the cards that I will be buying, or some more TFs that I may buy from him, because I gave him a list of some stuff I would like, and would buy with the money that I sold the cards for. He sounded sincere when he said that he would make it tomorrow, and he would even throw in some Transformers for me being so patient. I just dont know if Im supposed to believe him or not. Oh, and Im not meeting him by my self. I will have a friend with me at all times, and usually 2 or 3, so Im not worried about gettin killed or somethin, but if I do, TFgraveyard, my friend Nate, Omega Knight, Soundblaster1, Chos Muffin, Alphie, Liokaiser, and Joe More can split up my collection, so lets just call this sort of like my will. :) 

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Man, I'm afraid you got scammed big time. You'll never see your money or the toys. How can you still be so naive about it?

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

sounds like the same thing i went through... with a fred no doubt... what is his ebay user id. we may have both been scamed by t he same guy

yeah, affter reading everyting. WE BOTH GOT FUCKED BY THE SAME GUY. he actuallytold me he was going to come up my way and buy $3000 of toys off me, because he was in new jersey, and it would be worth it for him to come up to canada, and hand deliver my soundwave and $400 cash for a trade we were suposed to do. i actually ended up filing fraud charges on him, but the local RCMP won't get to it for way to long to be worth it really,

i had many conversations indeed, with fred, over the phone, and he's stopped calling, and won't answer my calls now either. he actuallytold me he was an ohio police officer and couldn't afford to rip people off because he would be suspended, so i trusted him.

man, DO WHAT YOU CAN RIGHT NOW!!!!!! to get your shit back. every thing that comes out of this guys mouth is SHIT!!!!!

4. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The user name he used with me was ganetic, but he told me that he had abandoned that one, and made a new one called waterhauler or something. Whats your guys name?

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    He probably switched because the first account was suspended or something.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You should have him meet you at the parking lot of the local police department, in broad daylight. Keep us updated!

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

THATS HIM THAT FUCKER BASTARD!!!!!!!!

you will NOT get your toys

press charges NOW!!!!

8. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Dude, that is one fucked up flurry of an epic tale. I hope you get your stuff, and not killed. Don't bring a gun...as you may end up shooting the dude when he shows up with some lame ass story about how all your shit got stolen by the reefer addicts that f-ed up his truck or how he had to sell it to cover some emergency grandparent death related expenses. You are totally patient.

By the way, what kind of feedback rating does this dude have on ebay? And, what is his Ebay user ID so that none of us ever use him?

Things may turn out fine for you, but this seems to be dragging out much longer than it should have.

Good luck!

EDIT: I was in the middle of writing my post at the time you posted his Ebay ID. Thanks for the heads up!

9. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i posted my horor story alrady, and even sent him an e-mail saying that i was spreading teh word over all the TF message boards and all my contacts that he was fraud, so thats why he's changed is ID.

10. Rattrap

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He had 97. something positive. wheeljaxx, Im planning on pressing charges, but would phone conversations, and emails help at all? Also, my friends mom is a lawyer, so that would help.

11. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

he made very carefull not to send me e-mails with proof i could use against him. all i have are the countless e-mails i sent him, and my phone convos. i wish i would have seen all the signs early. 3 months my plight went on as well, then i called the cops.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd still try to meet him just in case. Also, if I work a deal with someone and they mail my stuff ( or claim to ) and it gets returned, I don't take 'em up on any other offers til I get my stuff. That alone is suspicious.

13. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Does this guy have any auctions up right now?

I wouldn't bother with trying to meet him...do you really think he would show up?

If you have his address, I'd recommend going to his place with a bat.

14. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man, this should have ended here. Sounds like a huge con.

15. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Out of absolutely no disrespect but...

Are you an idiot?

No really. You buy one item and don't get it. Then you buy a second item and sell an item to the guy still without receiving the items. Then you buy more stuff? How much money do you want to piss down the toilet? Because I have a few credit problems I'd like to fix.

Sorry to be so blunt but smoeone had to say it and frankly, you needed to hear it.

16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Wow, I didn't see that he sent the guy money THREE TIMES - wow.

That's just not smart at all.

Well, at least you can get some payback by making his phone ring 300 times a day. Force that fucker to get a new phone number.

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Sorry man but wtf were you thinking? You aleardy got his info since you got his number from ebay, drive to him, you already blew a ton of cash whats a little bit more on gas?

18. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Rattrap, i feel for you man!!!
    thats THE reason why i dont buy stuff on Ebay...

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Short answer to a long story...YES, you got scammed. If you have his address go to the local police and confront him. Get a lawyer? Scary stuff, reason I try to stay with BBTS and away from Ebay.

20. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Looks like you got conned big time. Next time don't be so naive with your money and your trust. If you don't receive the first item you paid for time to call Ebay, cops, anyone to get your money back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.