Am I Crazy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stuntastic, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Yesterday I went into Toys R Us and found an Animated Rodimus. I was gonna buy it and trade it off on here. But as the kid rang me up, it came up to be $18.XX.

Am I the only one crazy thinking that Animated was $12.99 or some other price point? I went back to the section and it had them at $14.99. I don't remember Arcee being this expensive, let alone being rang up to be an $18.XX deluxe.

I passed because I don't know if he's worth that much or that's their actual price.

2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty sure that is off.

Looks like the new guy tried to discound it and failed.

I think I got mine for $15ish

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah they got changed to 14.99, you should go back and get it for that price

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Nope you are not crazy. I got Rodimus and Ironhid when they were still 12.99, then a few days later they were marked up to 14.99. I was going to buy a 2nd Ironhide until then but with the increase I can't justify the gouging.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    He's an amazing toy. That said, some people have yet to see him at retail. I never seen him, and I never seen Arcee again after I found one in January. I'd pick it up for that and try to get a price adjustment later or something. You might never see one again and have to pay more for than that with shipping to get one online.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20 bucks???? buy the Takara Version for that price :thumbs2: . I think the Maroon looks better on him anyway:2c: 

7. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

That is the going retail price. There are still some Rodimus and Ironhide toys at my local TRU. Oh yeah, and a legion of Cybertron Rachet.

8. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    really? I just visited a TRU yesterday that has buy 2 get 3rd free on Transformers. They have 2 animated roddy for 12.99 and other Generations. Maybe I should pick one up to sell >.>

9. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Not all TRU's have the same prices either. There are three in between my home and work that I stop at pretty often and prices definitely vary.

10. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Yeah... Here in the Bay Area. The Sunnyvale Toys R Us has infinitely better prices than the one in Redwood City. I like the staff better too actually. That said, their stuff is still overpriced.

I don't recommend it. People aren't buying, plus just to break even you'd have to charge what feels like scalper prices. That makes trading a much better option, but even less people are trading, and since Rodimus can technically still be bought in stores, there's not so much demand to get him second hand.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    $18. I would pay that much for a deluxe in Canada.......

Since when does American TRU start gouging?

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

It's worth mentioning that 13 days ago. I went into a TRU express store. they had a buy 2 get 3rd free on animated deluxes.

not a bad deal to stock up on animated rodimus. sell 2 & keep one free. I saw about 4 animated rodimus but didn't buy any. because i'm not a fan of the design.

Yeah I also noticed the regular animated figures were selling fot $12.99. while the TRU store exclusives animated rodimus & ironhide were selling for $14.99 each.

13. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Exactly. I went to the one in Redwood City. The thing is, I used to work for Toys R Us, and it doesn't make sense to me why one store would have a different shop than another. It's corpo. so it's not like the managers are choosing the prices.

The sad thing is, all Toys R Us are going downhill, customer service wise, and who puts out the toys and what not. Especially the one I used to work out. Waiting in line for 20 minutes, with about 5 people behind me, and one register opened? Ridiculous. I would've been through with that line in 5 minutes or less.

I just discovered a TRU Express Store, while in SF. Nothing good on this end.

14. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Really? Those guys are pretty numerous and kind of cloggy around here.

15. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

what a price! definitely you missed a good opportunity.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I wish I can find Animated Rodimus at retail. I don't even mind paying $20 for him and Arcee but alas I just don't have the luck.

17. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Got arcee last week at my tru for 12.99. Your tru must have price issues.