Am I alone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NitrogenB, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
  2. 6name6less6

6name6less6 Member

Funny how at the end of the first movie everyone was complaining about how much of a bitch Prime was. How he needs to kick more ass. Now its to much for everyone!

3. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    It is just a reflection of the real world. When we see images of people who are killed in combat they almost always show brutal injuries. How many times do we see people hacked to death with machetes or shot in the head? We have just got used to hollywood sugar coating violence, that's all.

If the character were human we would get the sugar here too.

4. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

But Megatron wanted to be in control. It was less a truce and more "we can rule the galaxy as father and son", an anti "can't beat 'em, join 'em". He hadn't changed and Optimus Prime knew it. Megatron just wanted to harvest the sun or something like in Revenge of The Fallen. It's like Hitler kills you then he finds out you came back to life so he says you can be his bodyguard.

On a side note, I am so tired of that Sub-Zero thing. It's like one person makes a joke in this fandom and everybody either repeats it or mutates it like a demented game of Telephone. For instance, the give me your face line which actually wasn't that bad in the movie, but it seems like everyone remembers Optimus as a face wrecking monstrosity created by Robo Satan.

Oh, my father figure killed my best friend, joined with someone who killed me, is going to destroy an entire planet, and is about to kill me! But he didn't kill me that one time, so I guess I'll let him off the energon hook!

Also, please remember Optimus didn't only have scenes where he's fighting. Even when he is fighting, he's not just randomly terrorizing people. He's defending his friends and stopping the enemies. He would gladly sacrifice himself if he thought he needed to.

I agree, Mr. 6less. It's like fandoms just feel the need to hate things.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I welcome this Optimus with wide arms, no more pussyfooting the war issue, some people need to die if war is to end.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i cant believe how much whining there is about prime killing these EVIL decepticons and a huge traitor to the autobots in sentinel prime.

i always hated the BS you get in many movies, shows, about not killing blah blah blah. superman's nonsense about not killing lex luthor or whatever.

these are autobots and decepticons. there is no grey area like in real life.

if you have a chance to ice megatron you do it and you dont hesitate or look back. prime finally got it right.

7. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

After reading the comics I think I can understand more of why Prime in the movies is so violent. I won't say that it's a GOOD thing, but it makes more sense now. Prime has been pushed so far, that he's become as vicious and ruthless as Megatron.

Megatron was right when he asked Prime "What would you be without me." Prime really only had an act of violence as ruthless as anything Megatron would do in return.

If it were any other incarnation of Prime they'd probably have gone their separate ways, but here, Prime is clearly over the edge. If the story kept going I could go as far as to see Optimus himself becoming the villain, as the story comes full circle. The war has turned Optimus Prime bitter and cold. His nobility and sense of honor are gone, and all that's left is a ruthless killing machine.

If you don't look at this Prime as a classic heroic archetype but rather the fallen hero, then it works perfectly. He fought monsters and he became a monster.

8. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    If you were a dude who has lived at war for millions of years, lost close friends, had his mentor betray him, and watched the race you had been trying to protect be partially slaughtered, You'd be pretty pissed too.

9. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    You're not alone, but I don't personally agree with you

I think Prime's rampage was well justified, the enemy had gone a bit too far in his eyes, with Sentinel pretending to be his ally still, killing one of his oldest friends, killing all those innocent humans in Chicago, and manipulating Earth since the 60's

I actually think he didn't go mad enough! lol

10. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

I think movie Prime was generally a bit too gruesome and violent. It seems like they wanted to have all the "good kills" attributed to him. I would have preferred it if Megatron killed Sentinel, and then Optimus killed megatron, with long fights between both. Rather than prime going after both and just killing them quick.

But at the same time, while the "give me your face" bit in tf2 was WAY to gruesome for my taste, Optimus in tf3 had so many reasons to forget mercy. So many more people died in this one, and his trust was broken so badly that the way he destroyed the two main villains in this story felt more-or-less appropriate.

I wish we had seen the aftermath though, because Optimus must have had tons of remorse.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Haven't people learned from the last two movies? Michael Bay's final fights last 1 minute at best!

12. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    Optimus had all the right to kill the Decepticons however he wanted. In the 2nd film with the Fallen, Optimus does seem to be a little out of the norm, but who cares when you have a bad guy who betrayed the Primes and was going to destroy your new home shouldn't he be dealt with. Some will say he could have toned it down, but why, why should he have its war, kill or be killed. Optimus who fights with raw anger and emotion seems more realistic then someone who tells the bad guy they did wrong and lets them live like some heroes do. Also in movie violence sells. In the 3rd movie When Optimus kills Shockwave I had no problems. Kill them so they don't come back I say. Why should Optimus have half assed killed him, so he can come back in the next film? And here is my biggest problem. When Optimus is spared by Sentinel, its not cause he cares about Prime I feel its cause Sentinel feels so much above Optimus and isn't worried about him. When Sentinel killed Ironhide, I knew Optimus was gonna wreck his day, and it happened. Megatron's "rescuing" of Optimus makes me laugh. The fight had three sides when Megatron entered the battle. Side 1 was Optimus trying to protect Earth and its people. Side 2 was Sentinel and his crazy planet saving ideas with Megatron as his "bitch". Side 3 was Megatron who wanted to follow Sentinel's plan but with Sentinel out of the picture, and Optimus dead, and himself in charge. When Sentinel was knocked down by Megatron who was he gonna kill next? Optimus of course. So when Optimus caught Megatron off guard and killed him I saw nothing wrong with it. As for Sentinel, he killed tons of humans, cause Earth so much trouble, and killed Ironhide. Then he begs for mercy "I thought he was made of sterner stuff" (sorry i had to). But seriously he can cry all the crocodile tears he wants, but Sentinel fucked up, he realized it too late and he suffered for it. Optimus was saddened by Sentinel's evil ways, but he had to do what was needed to be done. He had to end the war, and protect Earth. In all Optimus is more violent the G1 Optimus. But the G1 cartoon wasn't rated PG-13 either, just remember that folks, thanks for reading.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Let's Face it there is so much Crap that even the most patient and nicest of all people can take....eventually people just snap.

Hell Ned Flanders blew off steam (He didn't kill anyone but still) . Optimus realized the War would never end if he didn't finish his enemies off.

They are no more Decepticons nad the Autobots and hUmans can live in peace.

War may cost one's humanity to save the rest of the world's humanity.

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think GigatronSama has it right. Movie Optimus has battled monsters so long he's become a monster. I'm not a fan of that approach, but it works for others.

15. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

I can see why its viewed that way and its because of poor story flow and misuse of the cons. If they had Shockwave kill some bots, Megatron talking to Shockwave about overthrowing SP and Optimus (showing his total insanity and untrustworthiness and showing that Shock and Megs had an hidden plan for Shockwave to assassinate SP after the takeover/cybertron teleportation), show something that illustrates all megatron wants is to be in control and not really even care about saving cybertron (an added bonus to him), i think prime would be more justifed in his slaying streak. (for those viewers who are opposed.)

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I't almost like Prime's become a charecter in Lord of the flies.

He's become the Beast!!!!

17. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Unless in Part 4 they bring in Thunderwing, Bludgeon, Overlord, Onslaught or Unicron

18. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

You get used to it. But Sentinel Prime deserved to die. Megatron is dangerous to the last whimper, so he needs to be killed first.
    Fallen needed to be humiliated beofre death. The only TF Prime has killed that didn't sit well with me was Demolishor. He could have invited him to the Autobot cause, or kept him safe, since he was unarmed. I mean, he was running away, not staying in and fight. OP only killed him because he was too dangerous due to his siZe.

19. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    The fact is the format dictates the life-span of characters, if you have an ongoing 26 part season like Beast Wars, you're not going to be so quick to kill off characters. 2 1/2 hours for the last TF film you'll make? Shit, they're all cannon fodder! How they get dispatched is irrelevant.
    Personally, I like the death scenes, robot gets shot robot falls down leaves an air of ambiguity (can't they just repair them?) ripping their freaking heads off, or extracting spinal cord leaves little doubt that, yeah, he's done.
    It's a war. It's not meant to be nice.

20. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

I have no problem with Optimus rage........SP needed to die, he initiated violence unjustly against the human race without provocation or cause. He also murdered autobots.

Megatron had it coming. Don't you guys remember the lines in TF1??

Megs: Humans don't deserve to live
    Prime: They deserve to choose for themselves
    Megs: Then you will die with them

Then not only did Megs attack Prime in ROTF because he saved Sam's life, he then proceeded to kill Prime by blasting out his Spark from behind. Not to mention double teaming Prime with the fallen. Again...Megs needed to DIE