Am I Alone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spiritprime, Mar 16, 2011.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'm probably going overboard with this thread, but I'm one of those curious types of people who likes to ask questions and get a straight answer out of everything without getting a snidy remark about my mental problems. Trying to tell people that there appears to be nothing wrong with me when in fact there is, can be a frightening experience for me. Technically, I'm nervous about telling people anything and asking if I'm alone in this matter. And when I get nervous I tend to just... go all quiet.

Anyway, what I'm asking is this - am I alone on this website? Am I the only person on here who has Asperger's Syndrome? If I'm not, I just want people to understand that they are not alone in this world and they want to be understood, not made fun of like I was back in school. I've been bullied all my life because people failed to understand how complicated life was before I was diagnosed with this... disability.

I know, I know, I'm ranting, but I want to meet other people and be friends with them. I've never met anyone like me before. To be a friend with someone who has Asperger's like I do would be good for all of us. To understand one's needs is a good benefit for everyone.

Thank you. I'll be real happy to hear it. ^^

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I think the topic came up before. Apparently its VERY COMMON amongst the posters here.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    No youre not alone, I know there are other people on this website that have similar diagnosis. Ive worked with people that have aspergers, and though it is a diagnosis, I wouldnt say its a disability. I think that it is a gift that can be used in many ways from what Ive seen. I do understand that socially it can be scary but that is not your fault. People need to understand it more

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd directly link you to certain users' profiles, but I'd get reprimanded.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So common as to make one wonder...

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah there was a whole thread on it a while back. People will use it as an excuse for their rude posting behavior occasionally too.

7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Others use it as an excuse to do nothing in life and be socially inept.

8. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Around here, those without asspergers are the ones alone ¬_¬

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

pretty much :cry 

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I have 3 friends, brothers, who all have severe aspergers. It's taught me how to interact with those suffering from it, with understanding and ease. They have all the needs and wants of everyone else, but have this obstacle to overcome in every social interaction they partake in. If people were better educated about what aspergers is and its symptoms, then I think life would be a lot easier for people who have it. It's a really quirky disease that can lead to tons of awkward (sometimes comical) situations, but it's one of those things that's a matter of varying degrees.

11. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there are 2 kinds of people...those with asperger's, and those who "think" they have it (or at least TRY and make people think that they have it). Just like kids with adhd...some have it...some don't...but the parents don't want to be responsible for disciplining their children. The point is that I feel sorry for all the people who have it legitimately because of all of the people who fake it to avoid responsibility for their behaviors.

12. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I always use ADHD for an excuse for everything. :lol .

13. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

You are definitely not alone. Me and my twin sister (who is also a member of this board) both have it as well. It does make things hard socially, but we manage. I see it as something that makes me unique, not weird or mentally incapable. That is all that it does. Just my :2c: 

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I wish I had ADHD.

My friend once forgot to take his pill, and holy shit that dude was wired.

15. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get Ass Burgers occasionally. Usually after Taco Bell.

16. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I too have aspergers too be honest socially I have my diffculties but they have improved greatly over the years but there diffently are still random akward moments and certain situations where I quite down. But to be honest its better to accept what you have and learn how to deal with it to make yourself better.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I use the fact that I'm a man as an excuse for everything.

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I am high funtioning Autistic, which is very simular to aspergers. At times, I really hate it, but I feel im quite a differnt person then I would have been without, mabye even a better person. Its also the reason im so obsesed with transformers, when you have Autism, you are likely to get very into stuff.

19. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

A few of my friends do have aspergers, and they're some of the smartest kids I know. Many of the most brilliant minded people in the history of man had disorders like ADD, ADHD, OCD, Aspergers, Downs syndrome etc. and it was because of those disorders they became so famous.

I don't have aspergers but I have really bad ADD and on medication for it, called adderall. In all honesty I am not embarrassed a single bit being on medication and I'm very open about it. Hell, if it's helping me get all A's and B's on my report card whats embarrassing about the fact that I can be considered among the smartest of the students in my graduation class?
    My best advice, use it to your advantage. If anyone tries to put you down because you have aspergers, ignore 'em.

I find it ironic that the smartest people are the ones with the mental disorders, not the actual dumb asses out there in this world. I think of it as the other way around.

20. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I've noticed this as well. I have ADHD-PI and dyslexia and I used to put myself down all the time but recently I have realized it really isn't anything to be embarrassed about. My girlfriends best friend has a brother with aspergers and he seems like he is a pretty cool kid.