Am I alone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rherk, Jan 9, 2009.

1. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    I disliked the character designs from the first movie as I felt they lacked any personality and just looked like a mess of machine parts. Nevertheless, I enjoyed to movie for what it was. With Revenge of the Fallen, it appears there will be 3 times as many robots and from what I have seen from the toys that have been shown, nothing has changed. It's not that I need the robots to look like their G1 counterparts. I just want them to look like...something. The biggest problem are the faces. They are all ugly and lack any character accept Prime (as long as the faceplate is shown) because they sort of kept his look from G1. I, of course will see this movie and hope I will enjoy it but I think Hasbro made a huge mistake giving all that control to MB when it came to character designs. I love all different kinds of robots but these are by far the most unattractive and unmemerable designs I've seen. They are a true eye sore. Am I alone?

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

You're alone in being able to read that mass solid block of text...

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Very, very alone. Feel the chill baby. becuase you are alone in the forum of redundance.......oooooooo

:horse: 

Just messin with ya

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm sure more people agree with you. I'm just not one of them (sorry! :p ). I personally love most of the movie's designs. They're very different from other TF incarnations, but I think that can be a good thing (more variety!). I don't agree on the faces lacking character, but I can see why someone would feel that, and be annoyed by the many, MANY parts. :) 

I don't like Brawl's and Blackout's faces at all, on the other hand, I love Ratchet's, Bumblebee's , Prime's (without the faceplate), Starscream..ok I'll stop.

5. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    What?

6. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

That what we said when looking at your OP.

7. PredaconVukasin

PredaconVukasin Banned

Your so alone, as a man who feeds a child through his eyeballs.

8. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    I agree they are different from other Transformers incarnations and I don't mind that. I guess I just don't dig it. They look like monsters more than robots. There are many monster movies but few robot movies. Therefore, I was hoping they would look less organic and more robotic.

I know this is a redundant thread but that doesn't mean I can't express my feeling towards the subject.

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    No, you are not. I think the designs, for the most part, look like car crashes. And I'm honestly very open-minded when it comes to the ever changing designs of TFs over the years. The Movie stuff...ehhh..not my thing. I liked Blackout and Starscream's designs. The others--not so much.

10. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The movie designs were incredible! I mean, what other way of making cars turn into robots is there? Real cars and robots that look like the car! They cant be blocky like g1. And as far as no personality in their faces? What movie were you watching? The 1986 cartoon?

11. Sideways

Sideways Banned

"I ain't got nobody..."

I too liked the robot designs.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Business is all about money and Hasbro made alot of money.

The designs were anything but a mistake.

13. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    Car crash is the perfect description. And as far as how to make realistic cars turn into robots, I think Alternators did a pretty darn good job and it looks like Alternity will be as well and Alternity is a little more modern if that is the route MB wanted to go.

14. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Optimus Prime = My favorite Transformer design ever.

Mouth included (please make one with a mouth, Hasbro).

15. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I think the movie designs are much more acceptable than the Alternators. They're aliens... mechanical aliens, but aliens none the less. I just LOVE the movie designs.

16. rherk

rherk KNERDOUT

Ebay:
    I suppose I just have seen enough alien movies and was wanting to see a more mechanical look even though the movie designs are perhaps more "realistic". What am I saying? It's a fantasy world. It doesn't have to make sense. I just wanted to see big robots instead of big messy designs. I wanted to be able to make out the vehicles from the robot designs. I think that was a big part that always attracted me to Transformers is you could see the distinct features of the vehicles in the robots. I guess we all just have different opinions and desires. To each his own I guess.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

No you're not alone in your opinion. And I wouldn't take a lot of what these people say seriously. There are some people on the forums will jump on you the second you say anything bad about Bayformers or Saint Michael.
    I for one agree with you that many of the Bayformers designs are eyesores.
    I think they tried too hard to make them look like robotic aliens that they went overboard, and made many of them indistinguishable from piles of junk.
    Most of the robots didn't even have decent body armer. No wonder the humans were able to kick so much Decepticon ass. Haha!
    Likewise I'm going to watch the sequel too, and hope that it's a good movie. Or at least better than the first one.

Oh...

FYI: I watched the Transformers movie with the Riff Trax audio recently. It was hilarious!!!! Transformers | RiffTrax

18. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

A lot of people do agree with you. But not me. I like the designed. I think they kept a lot of the G1 look without making them cartoonish. They look like aliens, they look like giant robots, they look like giant robots that turn into cars. I put their designs ahead some of the designs in the cartoons (RID and Beast Wars).

I think they did a good job. It's a live action movie, not a cartoon, so they had to make them more detailed and realistic looking, and that meant more 'parts'. You can still look at Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, etc and say 'hey there's the hood, there's the tires, there's the windows, there's the doors, etc'. So the designs are successful IMO.

19. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

yes! It is one of the best Rifftrax I've listened to. Especially all the making fun of Mikaela.

20. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I'm mixed. They do a look a little like "car crashes", however, if they looked any other way it would look ridiculous. If giant alternators were walking about it would look like some bad power ranger movie.

They are as good as can a live action film will allow. I will say though, making the faces a bit cleaner would be good...or perhaps more close ups so we can differentiate the different parts of their face. Like, I have no idea what jazz looks like below the visor. Does he have a mouth?