Am I a victim of shill bidding?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Paladine, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Item 1
    Item 2
    So I found two items I was interested in on eBay, and bid on them both. I set my bid at $28 for the two of them. They are two shoulder cones, and I need them both to complete my figure, so when I only won one today, naturally I was saddened. But I am somewhat perplexed on the final numbers.

I won mine for $27, and the other bidder won with $29. Looking at the bidding history of the $29 item, it seems some late bidding pushed it up, with a private bid reaching my limit, and then of course the final bid eclipsing mine. One of the bidders also bid on the item I won to push me up to $27.

The whole thing seems a little fishy to me. I'm almost expecting an email saying "Oh Hi, there was a problem with the other buyer so the other item you bid on is now available for the low low price of $28...."

What do you think? Bad luck or something fishy?

2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IF you do get a second chance offer or see it relisted then yeah i'd be suspicious. Otherwise may just be a guy like you trying for both but failing at one.

Only die hard time i know i was shill bidded, was watching all three auctions i bid on from one seller, get bidded up by .50 cents to my max bid, equal it then stop while i was still technicaly the "winner". I talked to ebay about it, found out the guy did in fact shill bid and kicked his ass off.

3. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was watching those also. Hope you weren't shill'd.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    If shill bidding occurred it was by the private-feedback bidder; 100% bid history with that seller and some bid retractions in the last 6 mo.'s certainly is suspicious: Bidding Details

5. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    WOW, 3 bids and 3 bid retractions :sly2: :sly2: :sly2: . I'd at least have ebay look at it based on that. Yeah it's possible that someone lost out on one like you did, but based on the history that is mentioned above my post, it's more likely you got played.

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Most of the time it's only shill bidding if the feedback is really low or a new account.

I don't think they were in this case.