Am I a b@stard? (story)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jimmyjimjim, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmyjimjim

Jimmyjimjim Well-Known Member

So, I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a '08 Concept Bumblebee for a LOOOONNNGGG time....

The other day I was in a Target looking again. Found nothing in the toy aisle except some older movie deluxes. I went to look around in the videogame section of the store and saw something interesting-

An older guy (40-ish) was pushing around a cart that held around 20 Hot Wheels, two of the Movie "Arcee" repaints, and..... an '08 Bumblebee. He was (in my mind) CLEARLY a scalper. I kind of tailed him for awhile, and when he left his cart to look at some DVDs, I snatched the Bumblebee right out of his cart and went right to the register.

So, am I a total jerk in doing this? Feel a little guilty about it, but less so when I see the 'Bee sitting on my shelf.

2. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Jerk.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    omg, that is just really wrong....

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Uhm, yeah, sorry... but that was kind of a jerk move. You can't be sure he was a scalper, just 'cause he was an older guy. There are older collectors out there. Or it could have been for his kid. Poor guy might have been looking everywhere for Bumblebee himself.

And even if he were a scalper, does the fact that someone is doing something ethically questionable entitle you do do something ethically questionable in turn?

Oh well, no helping it now.... and everyone's a jerk sometimes. Just do a good turn for someone else sometime to reset your karma.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yes, youre a jerk.

but if that was me i'd've prolly done the same. high five!

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah thats not really cool...doesn't seem to me he was a scalper, but it's hard to tell.

7. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Like I said in another thread, the items in a shopping cart belong to the store until somebody pays for them. Legally, you got no beef.

Ethically, it's up in the air. If he's a scalper, then it's all cool. You're preventing a dude from screwing you over.

If you thought he was a scalper, then you're clear.

8. Optimus Layne

Optimus Layne Autobot Commander

yeah it was a jerk move........ what if he was collector collecting and he had been waiting for the bumblebee to be instock forever and finally he gets it and you jack it from him when he wasnt looking or what if it was a present or soemthign that was kinda messed up

9. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Eh, oh well, nothing you can do about it now but look back on it.

At least you scored '08 BB. :) 

10. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

You know I am vacationing right now in Pasadena visiting my brother and his 3 kids who are in to transformers big time. I felt I was lucky when I found the '08 BB cuz my youngest nephew wanted one. I stopped by the video section looking for the movie from the 80's to give him as well to further his culture and not only do I not find the movie but someone took the '08 BB from my cart that was for my nephew. I don't know if I should be mad and stalk you or if I should just tell you that I am kidding, I'm not in Pasadena and that you are a jerk still for assuming a situation.:lolol 

11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Yeah, if the cart had been full of Bumblebees then yes, he was a scalper or an excessive collector. But only having two? Well, like a lot of collectors, maybe he wanted to keep one MISB while playing with the other. After all, no one is really scalping hotwheels are they?

Sounds like you stole a Bumblebee off of a collector. My guess, he may even be here... Be kinda funny if he was cause I'd like to hear his side of the story.

What you could've done was ask the guy about them. He'd probably tell you buzz off, but it'd be better than simply looting another persons shopping cart. Anything that makes you feel guilty about doing it, probably shouldn't be done in the first place.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    feed him to the sharkticons.

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I'm suprised you even need to do that, I've been seeing 2008 Bumblebee's everywhere.

14. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    You guys are not reading the OP. The cart was FILLED with hot wheels.

Who buys that many hot wheels in one go except scalpers?

15. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

Bah, it's ok! You snooze, you lose!

Technically, he didn't buy it yet. So that can't be considered stealing, or anything…

*My logic is flawless.*:confused2 

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

:lolol 

17. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow dude, you're a dick.

How do you know he was a scalper? What if he was a hotwheels collector, had a kid, and picked up a couple TF's? You said he had 1 bb, and 2 arcees in his cart, did he have every TF of the shelf there?

How would you like if it you had a ccbb jacked out of your cart because someone thought you were a scalper? I do some pretty asshole-ish things myself from time to time, but I generally try not to do anything that for all you know meant taking away the toy his kid really wanted.

Might as well go punch a baby and post about it.(for those of you who can't seem to understand I intentionally used an extreme example, go to hell).

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    maybe hes a HW scalper but a TF true fan?

aa-aaah! /fozzie

19. Jimmyjimjim

Jimmyjimjim Well-Known Member

This wasn't in Pasadena. Good try, though. If someone was REALLY the victim, by all means, tell me which store in California it happened at and I'll mail the freaking thing to you.

I'm pretty sure the guy was a scalper.

20. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last I recall 20 hotwheels didn't fill a cart since they're only a couple inches.

Were they different ones? Maybe he had been outta the loop for a while and bought them all at once?

Would you assume I was a scalper if I went in and grabbed one of every TF off the shelf? It'd definitely fill a cart, but it doesn't make me a scalper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.