AM-19 Gaia Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Agent Adam, Oct 4, 2012.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Not yet.

2. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So has anyone tried taking apart the knees yet and swapping the joints to see if it gets better articulation?

3. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

[​IMG]

Carved the plastic away from the knee joint. I tried removing the pins, but that was too hard for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crotch stickers look great, but feet stickers were hard to apply. The feet stickers are always in danger of catching an edge, and I feel like they'll eventually start to curl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    So far it seems as though many people are trying to justify the expense to themselves, when in fact it's just not a good toy and definitely not worth the import costs.
    He looks... okay as a statue, but that's about as far as it goes. The volcano gimmick isn't as interesting as it's passed off to be, and the combined mode is ridiculous. This is freakin' UNICRON, why would he relegate himself to be someone's backpack?
    So yeah, I'm very glad that I have absolutely no interest in owning this figure.

5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Toys can be anything, logic doesn't always have to prevail.

6. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Kind of glad I pass on united unicron....for this. Which cost as much as amazon unicron. Hmmm....

7. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    His alternate modes are afterthoughts which might as well have been excluded to give him more posability and some arms. Or at least two entire club-arms instead of just one that splits in half. The clips that hold the club-arm together are definitely too tight, so i sanded them down to prevent it from breaking. I also had to sand the hell out of the purple gems before they'd fit. For some reason, i can't get the capture mode to attach to Megatron. The robot mode does look pretty damn sweet though. Even the chrome looks good despite the fact that i usually despise chromed parts.

8. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    yeah i like this figure but i fear it to suffer the same chrome issues as beast wars transmetals down the road...

9. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does everyone complain about his lack of fists?
    (p.s. all that chrome makes him not flash friendly)

[​IMG]

10. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

I was pretty disappointed when I opened the box and saw the two half-arms, but pretty quickly figured out that they clip together. And top that with the cartoon-accuracy of big-arm + small-arm, and I'm happy enough with it. It is a bit weird, but at least it looks like the cartoon.

Attached Files:

11. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If you look at the scene when Optimus is kissing his backside and begging for the fate of humanity and Unicron calls us parasites.

He has two normal hands and you can see that he's actually holding a mace/shield and a sword. and that those are not his arms at all.

Oh and Unicron's armour mode fits just fine on FE Optimus too - I've not got around to testing it on all the other Prime Voyager yet though. I suspect it might fit on Dreadwing and Utra Magnus and Thundertron but might be to small to go on FE Bulkhead.

I've also not tried it yet on Weaponizer Bumblebee as I've not opened mine as yet.

13. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am gonna add my two cents, I debated for a long time almost a year now on what to say, I Find Unicron cool despite his flawed knee joints, after all He didn't do any fighting in the show just stood there menacingly. He could be bigger yes, but the small head gives an illusion of a massive golem. His Space ship mode looks kind of iffy and he looks better as a volcano as others said/
    Armor mode He barley fits on Megatron, who should be wearing an armor of a Satan analogy. Prime can wear him for who knows why...maybe he felt like being fancy? All and all I am glad I got him for christmas last year.

14. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    god damn he looks cool. i need it.

15. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Defiantly getting him.

16. Snoopy Magnus

Snoopy Magnus THE FLYING MONKEY!

finally got him, and at a great price thanks to an awesome fellow board member, and he is what the peeps have been saying "a great display piece".
    first, that head is tiny, compensating for something :) 
    second, his micron feels small for him, needs to be a little bigger.
    third, the flying volcano is fine, i knew it was a big flying chrome mesh of metal but still works.
    fourth, the way that the arms connect and cause a stress mark in the c-clips ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the love of God, why would you allow this type of transformation to happen?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?

overall, a decent one here but please do not pay full price for him. not worth 70+.
    a good B- here
    snoop