AM-16 Jet Vehicon

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by zephon, Jul 30, 2012.

1. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't really plan on getting one. It's just that there were rumors circulating that this would be a "Takara-Tomy only" release like Breakdown so I took the plunge and ordered one for myself.

Jet Vehicon is packaged the same way as all other Arms Micron toys -- no windows, just box art. It shows the robot mode, vehicle mode, and the 2 modes of the Micron that comes with it.
    [​IMG]

The back of the box shows those "dynamic poses" art plus a combined weapon to whet your appetite in buying more toys from the Arms Micron line.
    [​IMG]

The side of the box contains the technical specificiations -- I can't read Japanese so I'm not sure if this is just for the toy's fiction or for some game (online? arcade? cards?) these stats are used on.
    [​IMG]

The cardboard packaging holds everything securely in place. One has to dig deep in the bowels of the inner box to get to the instruction sheet and the Arms Micron that comes with it.
    [​IMG]

Out of the box you get 1) the toy itself 2) a bag with the unassembled Arms Micron, the assembly instructions, the toy's instruction sheet and a "product catalog" (just like the old days!)
    [​IMG]

Note: I have not yet applied robot mode stickers in the pictures.

The Jet Vehicon's vehicle mode is a car with wings. It just needs a "bat" insignia and its aesthetics will blend well with some Batman continuities.
    [​IMG]

There is no landing gear nor wheels so kids who like toys that roll on the ground might get bored with it. No lights or sounds or firing projectiles.
    [​IMG]

Here is a view of the rear. The wings are basically one big piece.
    [​IMG]

Here is a picture of the Jet Vehicon on his head....well, that's what the underside looks like anyway. Everything pegs on to something -- thus one must be conscious about those tabs when transforming it.
    [​IMG]

Just for fun:
    [​IMG]

Transformation is very much similar to the regular Vehicon. The feet are formed by folding the front and roof and all that. The wings neatly tuck away to the back using a couple of hinges.
    [​IMG]

It's great that the wings are not independent of each other -- the simplicity of it prevents the kibble from getting all over the place. He has wings, they are firmly attached to the back. Period.
    [​IMG]

Range of motion is limited. He can't get down on a knee. Pieces of plastic get in the way of his hips and knees.
    [​IMG]

He's got a neck on a ball-joint. His shoulders and hips are on ball-and-sockets joints. He has bicep and thigh swivel. He's got single-jointed knees and his transformation gives him a simple wrist swivel. Yes, he's also got those crazy Vehicon elbows.
    [​IMG]

Here's a closer look at the face. The chin gets in the way of his head rotation.
    [​IMG]

Yes, the wings can be pulled further back on its second hinge to give a sleeker robot silhouette.
    [​IMG]

Off course this wouldn't be a Takara-Tomy release without the Arms Micron.
    [​IMG]

The alternate mode of the Micron is an iguana...or some lizard of sorts.
    [​IMG]
    Need a little help here -- anybody got his name?

Despite the descrimination of having animal modes for Decepticon Arms Microns, this one works well with the Jet Vehicon -- you can perch it on the shoulder as one would naturally do with a pet iguana.
    [​IMG]

It works quite well in weapon mode. The Jet Vehicon's joints are tight enough to support the weapon on one arm.
    [​IMG]

It's quite unfortunate that the Jet Vehicon can't get down on a knee. It would have looked good while he's cradling his weapon with both hands.
    [​IMG]

Yes, the ports and pegs on the wings can easily accommodate the weapon. Makes you wish you can buy 2 of the weapons just to have a symmetrical weapons array on the wings.
    [​IMG]

At the end of the day, AM-16 is no different from other Vehicons. If you find it too difficult to get a regular Vehicon or if the cost of one would equal to that of an Arms Micron, then I'd say go the Arms Micron route as the extra side-kick is worth it.
    [​IMG]

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might order this soon.

3. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That looks pretty great. Thanks for the review!

I'm still hoping Hasbro brings the mold over, but the import price isn't bad when you consider how much regular Vehicons have gone for on ebay.

~Matt Booker

4. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quoted for Truth!!!

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I still have 3 on preorder, but with the trickle of the prime line, I am starting to lose some interest in the series as a whole. Thinking of cutting it down to 2 or even 1. It does look great, and thanks for the review. I just don't know if I need a whole pack of them.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll get this when it comes to A3U

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Hmm...I didn't think I'd like the alt-form, I may grab this a standalone figure.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I'm waiting patiently for my order of two to arrive from Captured Prey.

9. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
    イグ/Igu.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I like that alot.

One thing, can you post a picture of the maker marks on the figure? I know Breakdown had Tomy Takara only.

11. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It says Tomy. Made in China under the starboard wing. Not sure if there are other markers.

Wow, I didn't know about Breakdown's stamping as well.

12. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Great review and Jet Vehicon is full of WIN

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The pink/purple looks much better.

14. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No Hasbro?

fuck

15. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SAME. Getting frustrated by that crap.

Looks cool. Id like to own one, But I doubt I'll go through the trouble and cost to import one.

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Ok. This is getting a little frustrating because this keeps on being used as evidence. It may not be your fault though, you probably just heard that that's evidence of no Hasbro.
    ALL Arms Micron only says "Takara Tomy". My AM Arcee only says "Takara Tomy" while my RID Arcee says "Takara Tomy/ Hasbro".

That being said, pretty sure it was confirmed that Jet Vehicon and Breakdown are Takara only. But that isn't because of the labels.

Regardless, looks awesome. I probably prefer the Car though. I have two getting shipped and will probably get a third somewhere down the track to have 3 Cars and 3 Jets.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Oh yay, Jetty has a chance.

FYI, only Breakdown was confirmed as Japan exclusive.

18. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I think AM Unicron is also in the same league as Breakdown and maybe Jet Vehicon.

Instead of gamble with Hasbro, I'm just going to go for the Takara figure.

19. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, not true. AM Skywarp, Cliffjumper, Vehicon and Bulkhead all have both Hasbro and Tomy on them.

20. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to get one of these to go with my 2 Vehicons but man, i'm like some of you guys being burned out by a lack of product.