Minor/Repaint: AM-16 Jet Vehicon leg mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Aug 10, 2012.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Just a quick little mod to help improve the figures leg poseabilty. What you'll want to do is have a very sharp modelling knife/blade and just shave off a little plastic from behind the knee joint. You're going to want to make a "stair-step" design with the back knee vents starting by shaving all of the plastic vent from the first vent line. Shave it right down to the knee joint. The second piece down on the vent, you're going to shave half way, and the third piece about 1/4 of it. This will give you about another 1/2" of movement in the knee joint for some pretty cool poses! I also prefer to transform my Vehicon feet in this manner- just hate the BOBO feet look. Hope this helps and happy modding!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh...what's going on with the foot transformation there?

3. kiienkYan

kiienkYan Well-Known Member

??? the picture is final?

4. HaZe

HaZe Well-Known Member

That foot transformation makes him look like a midget.

5. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol midget.
    I dnt really understand the mod other then its purpose o_O  do i make sense??

6. wheeljack2010

It's simple. You're just trimming some plastic away from the back of the knee. Just gives you a wider range of motion, that's all.

Midget? how so? He doesn't lose any height with the toes not flipped out. This is just my preference, I did the same thing with my 1st edition versions as well (looks better on them. Could be that I had his knees bent a little bit and shot the pic at an angle rather than straight on. Don't know.

7. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't I mean, I like the trimming for better knee posability, but why not flip out the feet? he looks weird without feet...

8. wheeljack2010

Just don't care for the big foot look to this mold. I may try trimming the feet down for smaller flip out toes, but that's about it for me. The big feet make me think they're wearing high heels, and just degrades the figure to me. I like my t-formers to have solid and big thick legs/feet, not only for stability and posing, but also I think it makes for good proportions to a figure, and not to mention practicality of use. Just look at FOC Jazz and you'll know what I mean. Honestly, for this jet vehicon mold, could you see this guy transforming from 30-50 feet up in the air and landing on the ground with those feet? They'd crumble! You might as well have a girl in heels jump down a few stairs and see how that works out......Haha:)  Just my thoughts gents.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Now it just looks like he has feet binding.

10. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Not a fan of dainty, deformed feet? lol

11. wheeljack2010

really guys, I mean Really? Why the hate, it's just my preference. Post is about the knees, not the feet. You don't like it, you don't have to do it that way. I just thought I'd throw the option out there for people. cheers