AM-15 Darkness Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by zephon, Jul 31, 2012.

1. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AM-15 Darkness Megatron is packaged in a window box showing his shinny upper torso. Even though he comes with 2 Arms Microns, the front of the box only pictures the bigger one.
    [​IMG]

Back box art shows a mix 'n match buffet of Arms Microns on the main toy to further entice one to buy more Arms Microns. Both of the microns Megatron comes with are now mentioned at the back art.
    [​IMG]

Out of the box, we get 1) the main toy 2) a plastic bag containing a transformation instruction sheet, assembly instructions for each micron and a product catalog. 3) 2 sprues for the "Hades" bat minicon and 1 for the "Gora II" minicon.
    [​IMG]

I won't spend much words on the Megatron figure itself as a good amount of feedback on him can be found here already:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...03-transformers-prime-powerizer-megatron.html

Suffice for me to say though that I'm still not too crazy about how the position of his shoulder pegs get in the way of the socket where they plug to.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, if you're like me, you're probably in it for the Arms Microns that came with the figure. In AM-15's case, we get Hades. Normal microns get assembled with 1 sprue. Hades needs 2 sprues.
    [​IMG]

Hades must be some sort of bad a$$ weapon for Darkness Megatron. Notice that he's got 3 "spark crystals" or whatever you call those things which are supposed to boost up his HP, AP and SP. Hades must pack as much punch as those "combined" Arms Microns like Dark Matter Cleaver or that sword or shield that Optimus is seen weilding.
    [​IMG]

Hades has a pretty decent wing-span. At rest, he's just about as wide as Megatron....
    [​IMG]

...or just as wide as a Jet Vehicon.
    [​IMG]

The winged micron can be mounted on Megatron's back using a 5mm port. There is a notch on the port to keep the micron centered when attached.
    [​IMG]

Thus, the wing span of Hades is justified once he is attached to Darkness Megatron. It's a firm attachment. The wobble you're bound to feel when you shake the toy is from the pegging of the wings of Hades to his body. We're talking mushroom-shapped pegs and not metal bolts here...
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful, don't you think so?

My favorite part? Weapon mode! For those fans of Gundam Zero Deathscythe Hell, this one's for you! Darkness Megatron's elbows, shoulders and the rotation below the elbow are all stiff enough to bear the load of Hades in scythe mode. The weapon pegs into Megatron's hands but the handle does not protrude beyond it.
    [​IMG]

At first I was worried that Megatron's arms won't be able to take the load but apparently, his arm joints prove to be tighter than the ones on his hips.
    [​IMG]

This voyager class toy comes with a second Arms Micron - Gora II! What rightful holder of the Megatron name be without his arm-cannon? Gora II is just like any other Arms Micron who has all his parts just in 1 sprue.
    [​IMG]

Gora II is predictably a gorilla-esque micron. As opposed to the first Gora micron, this ones does not have the blades that swing forward.
    [​IMG]

Darkness Megatron's forearms provide enough ports to have his weapons peg on to him. His upper limbs are tight enough for the arms to hold either weapon. The pegs are a perfect fit for the Arms Microns.
    [​IMG]

Vehicle mode isn't any different from the original TF: P Voyager Class Megatron.
    [​IMG]

The vehicle mode is only slightly bigger than the deluxe class Megatron.
    [​IMG]

Both weapons can be attached to the top of the toy via the same port that allows Hades to connect to Megatron's back in robot mode.
    [​IMG]

The connection is secure and will not fall while one zooms around the room with the toy.
    [​IMG]

I have to admit that I really wasn't too crazy of the Darkness Megatron mold as I was quite satisfied with the deluxe class version. I jumped on a chance to get AM-15 as 1) he costs less than AM-12 War Breakdown 2) he comes with 2 Arms Microns 3) I view him as the "counterpart" of that upcoming Optimus with a 3-micron shield. Darkness Megatron, with his 2 Arms Microns, make Breakdown and his rhinohammer look overpriced. If you're into Arms Microns and looking for a voyager class Megatron for his collection, then AM-15 is a darn good deal!
    [​IMG]

2. [soundwave]

[soundwave] Communications

News Credits:
    Great review! I've just opened mine up a few hours ago as well. Will share my pics soon. I love the hades micron alot!

3. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The microns are definitely awesome! Megs himself, the overall color scheme isn't bad but the chrome does seem a bit excessive and random. Nice review!

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I want that.

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Just bought mine today for a bargain, can't wait until he gets here!

6. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that hades micron, holy shit. tempted to buy it.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Got mine today. I quite like the way dark colour reflects on the chrome :)  Scratched the chrome already though...handle with care!

I didn't know GoraII was bigger than the original and was a bit surprised.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I applied a layer of Wipe 'n Shine on the chrome parts especially on the edges. I wasn't sure if I was looking at a chip in the chrome or a reflection of a black part...(quite hard to distinguish indoors, at night, before going to bed)

9. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thank you for the tip :)  Mine's a bit hard to see in the pic I posted, The scratch is in the upper chest where the shoulder armour did the damage. No chipping for now, but I am sure I'll manage that soon :redface2: 

10. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

The chrome paint really ruins the figure in my eyes. I love his Microns, but not enough to buy him just to get them.

11. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Because of the sheer number of Jet Vehicons I ordered, I'm trying to wait on Darkness Megatron. But good god, Syd... You're making that wait really, really tough. :D 

12. SydneyY

News Credits:
    I didn't have to wait because I only bought one jet vehicon!! *jealous*

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    this figure would be such a must have if his arms and legs were similarly chromed. are people getting their figures from RK? I pre-order some Microns awhile back and haven't gotten any news on them. EDIT* Oh wait I know why... 07 isn't out until next month...

14. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Syd, long time no speak, hope you and your family are well. I think your photos just convinced me to get one.....how many times has that happened!

15. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, Syd takes great pictures that brings out the goodness in the toys and a very humble person as well.

16. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    If i hadn't already bought it........Syd's picture would probably have been the final push.

17. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What color plastic is under the chrome?

18. [soundwave]

[soundwave] Communications

News Credits:
  19. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to get the Hades Micron. It turns into a SCYTHE.

20. ChaosLordX

ChaosLordX Well-Known Member

that thing looks nuts with the dark matter caliber, all we need now is the megatron cannon from the gashapon arms microns on the other arm :drool: