AM-10 Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Agent Adam, May 31, 2012.

1. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AM-10 Bulkhead with B.H. micron

Micron first, since I'm sure it is of most interest to everyone. I was kinda curious how well this micron would work with the FE, and it turns out it does pretty well. To best approximate the mace though, I think building the micron without the hinged piece with the Micron face on it looks better. (I don't recommend removing that hinged piece once put on, I have read of some others who tried something similar on previous AM's and it broke..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While I saw from earlier pics the micron with a chain attached, I thought it was a mod and didn't realize that was part of the kit! So that was a nice surprise.

[​IMG]

With the hinged piece on, it even makes a decent blaster. (Just try to ignore the microns head. :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robit Mode.. I guess:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From the back:
    [​IMG]

So yeah robot mode is not really where its at with this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for Bulkhead himself, he seems a tad lighter in color than his Hasbro counterpart. (Which I don't have.) On the Hasbro version, I have seen some people remove the tires from the back of robot mode, and switch places with them so the tires are facing up. It's not really possible with this version; those pieces are pinned in and can't be removed without removing the pin.

As you can see I chose not to put on some stickers, cause well.. those headlight stickers suck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Transformation:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The stickers and lack of paint are really bad from the back..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the big question is, is AM-10 worth it to get that micron? Not really. Bulkhead himself is a good enough figure on his own, and the micron is pretty neat. But he's not (almost) three times the cost of the Hasbro one neat. If Takara eventually releases this Micron as part of the individual micron releases, I would recommend it though. It's pretty versatile and the chain part is a pretty cool addition.

didactic diversions: AM - 10 Bulkhead with micron B.H.

2. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I'll take the Hasbro version, thank you very much. I can't stand the lack of detail on the front of the vehicle. It makes it look like an unfinished prototype.

3. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Nice pics. I still feel that the Autobot insignia on his tummy looked a bit awkward though.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great pics. I love the Micron. Is he available individually? I can't remember. If not, I hope he becomes available.

Micron's robot mode totally reminds me of Tor The Shuttlezord.

5. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Not....yet.

6. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I'll echo what everyone else is saying; I'm totally buying that Micron once it's available individually. The level of functionality on it is even better than I thought! I'd gladly use it on my Hasbro Bulkhead-- he won't be whole without it. Get on it, Takara!

7. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    I really hope he does get an individual release. Robot mode aside, its a cool little accessory.

8. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That micron seems to have got more love than poor Bulk. Sign me up for that little guy when he's flying solo.

9. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I soooo wish Hasbro would have painted the rims on the domestic release. Best part of this release aside from the micron IMHO.

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well, TakTom wins this round for the simple reason that this mold very prominently displays glass on his chest, and there is no circumstance in the universe where opaque green paint on opaque green plastic mimics automobile glass. I don't know wtf Hasbro was thinking with that deco choice...

...and TakTom was kind enough to add Minicon ports on the all-important lower outer sort of back of the calf location. Photos of Bulkhead putting a gun to a Decepticon's head by way of holding his leg way up in the air? Please?

All in all...Window deco good. Light/grill deco bad. Hub deco good. Micron transforms from a ball into a ball. Added port cancer is almost entirely inoffensive. But still there. Good looking toy overall.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It's a neat touch that the Minicon head looks like Wheeljacks.

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it's soooo bland - why not just get the domestic release, grab the minicon separately (if/when it becomes available) and a the inevitable reprolabels set to fix the window if you don't mind stickers?

You lose the hub paint, downside, but also the port boils, upside.

13. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was skeptical about the stickers at first but I gave it a shot and hey....I am surprised myself....it didnt look too bad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have bought AM-01 to AM-11. I have to say that the quality of the previous AM stickers were mostly terrible but for Bulkhead and Arcee, I feel that they have made some improvements, though I cannot say for very sure whether the stickers quality has improved or is it due to the "more flat" surfaces on Arcee and Bulkhead where the stickers apply.

I still have issues with Bulkhead Arms Micron, some ends of the stickers still come popping loose, I think the stickers are made a little too thick for such small surface area application causing stickers to tend pop loose. So hopefully Takara will further look into this as well and improve further on the future AM figures' stickers.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't even catch that! Neat.

15. alexcollier

alexcollier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pity I didn't know about the pinned hinges. I broke my first AM Bulkhead trying to pull them off.

Also, something to watch out for is the rear window that forms the back of the left shoulder piece. There were pretty severe stress marks on both BH molds I have owned so far.

16. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow the micron comes with a chain! Thats pretty awesome! And silver on the wheels is a nice but suprsing touch.

This may sound a little silly but when compared to FE BH, it looks as if he is BH in like 20 years. Or if BH ever had a father, AM/RID would look be a great representation.
    Just looking at the body I mean, he still has the pecks and the buff arms but he's starting let himself go in the stomack area.
    More often and not you see some father and son pics with the younger son in his youthful prime, six pack, blah blah blah. Then you see dad who still looks pretty buff, but he's just got a belly now because of his age.
    Just reminds me of that

All in all great review and excellent pictures.

17. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    Wow that sucks. Sorry man! Thanks for the heads up on the stress issue though.

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Without stickers,this AM10 Bulkhead sure is a plan as water.