Although it's too late. I gotta say it now: I'm loving "The Last Knight"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cryptwire, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    All I got to say is back when it came out, I had some family emergency that made me miss it in the big screen. I know I swore to see it when it came out but it was what it was.

Today tho it just became available online and I bought it just like the others.

Although my previous assessment without having seen it still stands that it's more or less similar to the previous installments based on the previous movie (age of extinction) and that the run time is too long, there are actually several badass moments in the movie.

Some quick points as I watch the movie:
    - the scene with canopy could've been better. Isabella could've placed her hand on canopy's face for maximum effect.
    - the decepticons quickly disposed of sucks.
    - cogman is a good character and I enjoy his scenes.
    - cogman singing while Anthony Hopkins character tells a story was hilarious.
    - hotrod scanning another alt mode is good.
    - Cybertron's design in bay's series still sucks.
    - hotrod talking in alt mode rocked. This should happen more & with the other Transformers.
    - I like hotrod's time freeze weapon.
    - I wish the submarine Transformer transformed.
    - again, the basic physics in bay's movies lacking as Cybertron travels through the solar system and gets closer to Earth without disturbing anything on Earth.

I'm probably 25% into the movie now, but so far I do not really see anything that I'd say I dislike so much. I'm probably gonna wrap up soon as I'd have to prepare for work and watch it again this Friday.

So far tho, so good. I wish I could've seen this in the big screen, but.... I'm gonna be back for more details or to respond later. But as stated whatever moments I found interesting in this movie are not that dissimilar from the others.

The secret Transformers history I guess is just something we have to deal with in bay's series. Just my biggest thing is cybertron's design and looks still are not good and I don't know why it's now smaller.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  2. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

TLK is a fun summer action movie.

• Like Like x 2
  3. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

Yea it is the movie is under rated they don't remember to shut of thee brains and have fun and be entertained hopefully the bee movie redeems the franchise which I know it well we got a good director who actually listens to feed back and takes his time

• Like Like x 1
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    No.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fun? After watching it a second time, I thought it was worse than my first viewing.

Terrible story, so much cutting and jumping, cliched jokes, pointless scenes and lines, very little explanation of anything, ugh... I just don't see how anyone could like the movie let alone love it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    You mean formulaic, because that's actually been how bay has done the transformers movies since RoTF, which is actually one of my main gripes about bay's series.

I've said it before, a lot of TLK is similar to previous installments.

I thought I was gonna hate it or not like it. But after seeing it, I was surprised that I liked it.

I've mentioned some of the issues above that I've had problems with, but not enough to make me hate TLK.as with his other previous traffmovies, transformers it's all about what could've been and lost opportunities

• Like Like x 1
  7. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I didn't hate it while watching it, but it's not the shutting of thee brain that helps, its acquiring indifference and the final giving up of all hope for a "better" type of Transformers movie, that helps you just accept it as a summer popcorn muncher.

If you don't like Marky Mark, and you're still expecting Transformers to feature and interact like they would in a cartoon or comic, then you're wasting your time. It's not your fault, but it is your choice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    WFC/FoC and Transformers Prime Cybertron are the best.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

To each his own. That's how I feel about Rogue One, damn that was a tedious movie.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Agreed. I'm like a shark, my brain's functioning 24 hours and couldn't be shut off. And I enjoy TF1-4 (including ROTF!), because they actually stimulate my brains and give me so much emotions and wisdom as nothing else in the universe. TLK hasn't it. It's almost empty and soulless. It has numerous great ideas, which wasn't developed and it hurts even more. That's not Michael Bay's fault, because all his movies are very deep and have philosophic aspect. He's a great director. Looking to box office disaster, I feel that many people enjoyed seriousness, thrilling dark atmosphere and TF scenes in the Movies, like me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    It's not a disaster just the fans that don't see reference's and Easter eggs in each film that is the problem

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Then how are you evaluating things that take place in the other 75%?

14. snokoan

15. snokoan

Ok idc what you say negative nancy

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Because people know how to manage expectations and accept the films for what they are and not for what they want them to be.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    I mean, when you do that enough times, the bar of expectations becomes so low that just having Cade talk about his sex life for two hours becomes acceptable because "at least there was no robot humping."

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:31 PM
  18. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't say, that he listens the feedback, I actually can't say anything about him, I haven't heard any interviews. Thanks God, we have 1 photo of him on set. I'm afraid, he even doesn't know, in what complicated story he got.
    Easter Eggs and actual continuity are different things. In AOE Brains told us, why Megatron is Galvatron. But in TLK we've learned nothing, why he's Megatron again. That's essential things.

19. RorMachine

RorMachine We Were Brothers Once!

News Credits:
    I was shocked that Daytrainer mentioned iaacon.

• Like Like x 2
  20. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I really liked it and cant wait for the Blu-ray release to see it again. I heard a couple people really excited about it after leaving the theater in front of me, one of whom who said they loved it and thought it was the best one. I have no doubt some hated it or others were disappointed by it but that's usually the way it goes with these movies. I think a small part of those people though hearing the plot and characters to the movie only might have hated it or been disappointed because they built up in their own mind how the movie was going to play out and when it released and didn't play out like they built it up to themselves they were disappointed and maybe even hated it because of that.

• Like Like x 2