Alternity

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MunseMan, Jul 8, 2009.

1. MunseMan

MunseMan Chuck Testa

News Credits:
    i have the money to get one alternity figure so i want suggestion on wich is the best looking convoy from the alternity line?

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I have the silver and it looks real nice to be a drift, especially if you display w/ other toys.

I mean its ok for prime to be a car in different series, BUT if you display with other toy series prime as a car just doesn't fit in.

Thats why i say silver is superior, plus i think the head and robot looks way better in silver. And the car is more " natural looking" as in it would fit in better being that most GTR's are silver...

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't think we can tell you which one looks better. You're asking for an objective, definitive answer to what is a subjective question. Some people will say that Convoy HAS to be red, some people will prefer the Nemesis-esque colours and some will like the break with tradition of the silver. None of them are objectively "better," so all you can do is look at each and decide which one looks best to you.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i agree,. i have the silver one and am completely satisfied i didnt get the red one..though more popular, i just wanted and unusal convoy color..........

5. red4

red4 Banned

Red Convoy is the best of the entire line so far. IMO, 'o course.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This, very much this.

Personally, I went with the Silver Convoy as I didn't want the Red Convoy (as I want to use the Alternity figures as all new characters), but I may end up picking up the Super Black Convoy as well (just because he has such an awesome bio).

In the same vein... I was going to get the Blue Megatron (again, didn't want the Silver because it's Megs traditional colors), but I think I'll skip the Blue and go straight for the Diamond Black as that appears to, IMHO, be the superior of the three Megatrons. But, again, I'm not looking to use him as Megatron, but as an all new character.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you want red convoy, you know you want red convoy (assuming you can still find one- this does seem to be the popular choice).

From a purely aesthetic view I think silver is the best looking (and the one I got), followed by black with red coming in last.

With Megatron Silver is probably nicer than the black and red (but I'm not sure, and since I got mine before the black and red photos came out I haven't given it much thought), and blue is definitely the ugliest.

But like they said, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

But I will say these are definitely some of the nicest Transformers Takara has ever done.