Alternity Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The touch79, Sep 3, 2010.

1. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I have never bought a binaltech/alternator/alternity figure before but I hear good things about the majority of the figures. The upcoming alternity ultra magnus caught my eye and I was wondering what you all think of this figure/mold. I know very little about alternity figures, so I was wondering if you could shed some light on this mold in general, if it has been released before. Do you think it is worth the money?

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, i'm not a fan of the Magnus colors but I love that toy. Personally, i'd pick up Red or Nemesis Convoy because both are cheaper. Actually, you could probably snag NC for under 40 used on ebay.

I'm sure you'll love the toy but don't buy that 70 dollar color yet.
    (The gun that NC is holding doesn't come with the figures, its from the Gear of War 2 set)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Actually, Magnus is no longer upcoming. He's now out, I got my shipment in a couple days ago (shameless plug: Still some left!).

The red one is getting rereleased in a couple months and is still a pre-order.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only problem with the mold itself (and it's probably nitpicking) is the leg transformation. I can always get one exactly right and the other I end up fussing with for a few minutes because it never seems to go in like the other leg. That aside, it's an awesome toy and as was mentioned above, the red and black/Nemesis versions are my favorite as well. It isn't top-heavy like Alternity Megs, so I can pose each a bit more dynamically (Megs tends to do the splits unless I keep the legs a certain way). The silver holds up well too, and the white Magnus is in my Pile of Loot at the moment. If you like the look of Magnus, I'd say get it...though you could probably wait a little while and see if you can get it cheaper than its current price since it doesn't seem to be an "in-demand" item. If you just want a version of the Alternity Convoy/Prime mold, I'd say pick up the black version or preorder the red one since that's due to come out again sometime before the year ends (can't remember when exactly).