Alternity Ultra Magnus Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Here's something cool for you to have a look at - Transformers Alternity Ultra Magnus! An exclusive to the "TF China Carnival" event exclusive in Shanghai, in July 2010, and a Chara Hobby eHobby exclusive in Japan, he's a very slick white version of the Alternity Convoy.

What we've got for you here is an extensive photo gallery by 2005 Boards photo staff member SydneyY showing off just how awesome this exclusive toy is! If that's not enough, we've also updated the resources page with a summary of just what is going on in the comic that comes with Ultra Magnus - and just why he was burning a gigantic Autobot symbol into the countryside. Give some mad props to Content Contributor SmokescreenGT for the summary on that one.

So enjoy! There's more Alternity goodness still to come later this month with the release of Alternity Thundercracker to complete the Alternity Seekers. Naturally once he's release he'll get the full TFW galleries treatment as well.

Photo gallery - Nissan GT-R - Ultra Magnus - Brilliant White Pearl - Alternity - TFW2005.COM
    Resources page - Ultra Magnus - Nissan GTR (Brilliant White Pearl) - Transformers Alternity - Transformers Resources

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know the white repaints of Convoy have been exhaustive overall but this does look nice. Wish I could justify diving into this line, but I seem to be forever stuck as a local retail-only type of guy, heh.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Anyone who attempts to translate an Alternity bio and put everything known about that Alternity into the resources section deserves a medal.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm on the fence with it. I have silver convoy ,black convoy, and Cliff . White just might color balance the Alt-Bots.

Appreciate that alternity silver and black convoys are on the photogallery. Something sharp about how calculatingly muted and precisely thoughtful in how those angles and colors bend. The blue faceplate definitely makes
    Ultranium magnus.

Its been a while since a new mold has shown up, wondering if this is the last alternity release.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  5. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ughhh, yet another white Prime/Convoy being passed off as Magnus. Am I the only person genuinely sick of these "Ultra Magnus" figures? Thank God for FansProject's armor, otherwise we would have the Titanium Magnus as the only true Ultra Magnus figure since 1986.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good as always! SydneyY takes some of the best photos here:2c: 

and don't sell this figure short, the Alternity Convoy mold is amazing!

7. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

With a little headswap & decal action, this guy would make a super classy Prowl or Jazz.

8. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    Man I love Alternity Bios

9. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've really been tempted to get some of these... Magnus looks nice. I wish Starscream had a better looking head or I'd get him, too.

10. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

No, you're not... I'm also sick of the black Prime bullshit too....

11. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I love these alternity toys but can't afford the takara prices plus shipping fees.

I really hope hasbro releases these alternity toys in america. as either deluxe sized Human allegiance toy with a movie human sitting in the car seat. or as a generations deluxe sized toy.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never going to happen. They're Japanese cars and licenses. They're larger than a Deluxe figure, so even if they removed the diecast (which is improbable, since they'd need to make new molds, disregarding whether there's a structural requirement or not), they wouldn't fit into the Deluxe pricepoint.

13. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

the Alternity TF toys are clearly deluxe sized toys. based off all the 40+ u-tube video & size comparison pics i've seen on the internet.

A deluxe sized robot mode is anywhere from 5 inches to 6 inches tall. most of the time they average out barely under 5 & 1/2 inches tall.

From all the 40+ U-tube video/size comparisons pics,i've seen on the internet. the alternity car modes are the exact same size as the deluxe sized TF car modes from Rid,AEC,Animated,live action movies & so forth.

If hasbro wanted to & was allowed to. hasbro could easily squeeze these alternity toys in deluxe size bubble blister cards. in either car or bot mode.

lately hasbro has been displaying more TF newer toys in robot modes in the packaging. so if the alternity cars are too big. hasbro will display them in robot modes inside the deluxe bubble toy packaging.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    No way the Alternity could be considered Deluxe class. They're a whole lot more intricate than deluxes class toys with more parts and a higher level of engineering. The die-cast (which I appreciate would be omitted for a US release should it happen) adds a lot as well. They might cost $40 or so, but it's obvious exactly why they command the premium. They're a true collector oriented line.

15. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    eh, can never go wrong with white chocolate Prime xD

16. jazz89

jazz89 i'm rockin' moon base 1.

this guy looks cool. plus he would also make for a sweet Jazz custom imho

17. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

DITTO! Some one do it now!

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Internet? I have all the molds in hand. Cliffjumper/Bumblebee match up, I guess, because they're based on a small car.

But everybody else averages out slightly larger than comparable deluxe cars, baring Drift/Blurr (who're quite large in car mode).

Purely size-wise, they'll still fit on a blister card, no problem. But it won't happen because they price themselves out based on complexity/parts count.

And again, the die-cast. And the Japanese car licenses. Both of which completely, totally, and forever will prevent their release at a deluxe price-point in North America. And no, they can't just "cut out the die-cast". It requires them to make a whole new mold.

And by the way, the Alternities all compact themselves pretty well in car mode. Packaging them in robot mode will make it even more unlikely for them to fit on the blister card. Especially since all of the molds except the Seekers have really deep, uncollapsible backpacks, which would probably require double-deep blisters to hold.

Please, stop talking like you know your way around these things. Everytime you try to rationalize your wishful thinking, you just set yourself up for a browbeat with reality.