alternity questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bignick1693, Mar 27, 2010.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    are alternity very good for the price? i have non but i am saving money to get 1 of each 4 molds. so how are the 3 that are out. is the metal cheap?

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    It's pretty good, but I've not transformed min that much. The metal makes it very top heavy though, and Prime's arms are kind of stumpy.

To be honest I got mine for 75AUD and I can't say that I've really found it to be worth it, but the construction is acceptable.

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    ya i wont spend over 60 for mine.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love mine....i have the silver, black convoys....blue, black , silver meg, and cliffjumper..
    not disappointed in any...great qc...mine has tight ratchety joints..... and great posability......just placed an order for bee....and im preordered for starscream and skywarp

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    i want red convoy, silver meg, bee, and starscream.

6. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

best bet for red convoy is if tak-tom will release a second run. prices for it right now are more than double. silver megs is slowly catching up in price.

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

same here.

8. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    I still have my Nemesis Prime. AWESOME figure!!! I sold my Red Convoy, and Silver Megs. But didn't have any complaints in any of them either. Well maybe, Megs' ankles I thought were kinda weak. But other than that, still great figure. Plan on getting Skywarp next!!! Oh and you get convoy, definitely order Gear of War2 LED guns!!! Goes well with him.

9. Grimlock King

Grimlock King GRRRrrr me hate titles

Ebay:
    I still have my Nemesis Prime. AWESOME figure!!! I sold my Red Convoy, and Silver Megs. But didn't have any complaints in any of them either. Well maybe, Megs' ankles I thought were kinda weak. But other than that, still great figure. Plan on getting Skywarp next!!! Oh and you get convoy, definitely order Gear of War2 LED guns!!! Goes well with him.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Convoy is awesome, and Megatron looks great in black. I actually intentionally avoided getting the traditional colours on those two because I wanted to own the "alternate" versions of the characters.

Just got Cliffjumper and he is cool as well, the metallic red on him really looks great.

I'll probably end up getting all three (you know there'll be a Thundercracker) of the next one, I'm a sucker for those three guys.

11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I have Convoy (Red & Black) and Megatron (Silver), and I love them all. As someone else said, they're a bit top-heavy, and I think the hip joints on my red Convoy are a bit weak, but they look fantastic in both modes.

I passed on Bumblebee / Cliffjumper because I really don't like the odd 'bot mode look, but Screamer and Skywarp will be mine :) 

12. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Where'd you even get one? I'm in Perth as well and don't know of a shop that sells them.

As for me, i like them. The arms on Prime are too short, but that's about it. A bit top heavy, but i like the feel of it. Especially how heavy it feels in car mode.

I got mine for around $65 AUD, in Hong Kong. Worth it, but not much more. I personally like the Prime mold better than Megs, though, and in Black. But that's really up to you.

13. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have the black megatron and prime and I love them. I spent about 45-50 on each of them, but they were well worth it. They look GREAT in robot or car mode. Megatron doesn't have as much metal on him, but he stands much better.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    I have all of them and I think they're all great!

Randy

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Well, to be honest in response to the question, no.

Considering the price and shipping, these are IMHO, a bit too pricey for what you get. Now, don't get me wrong, they're great figures, but they are pricey ones. At $40 or below total cost, I'd say get 'em, no second thoughts, but at the higher price tag, not so much.

I'm a Black Convoy fan, I've got a shelf of 'em and I even worked with another member here for TFW's translation of the Alternity comics, but even so I felt I paid a bit too much. I'm very glad to have him and proudly display him, but the molds have their slight flaws and they are Deluxe sized, so for the money it's not necessarily the best bang for your buck.

In response to the last question, no, this is a very high quality product.

Also, besides just asking here, have you checked out the feedback forum for what owners had to say about them?

16. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

The metal's certainly not cheap, but there's not much OF it & it's not really utilized in any meaningful way. I paid just a few cents shy of $60 USD for my Black Convoy, and aside from a very nice & sturdy alt mode, I feel like I paid at least $20 too much for a Deluxe Class figure. If it didn't have an Optimus/Convoy head on it, I really don't think people would "love" this figure as much as they believe.

17. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Black Megs is the only one I have. I love it. Great detail and easy to pose. I paid $65 shipped (preordered), which I'll never do again for one of these, but I'm glad I have one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    They are for me. I would rather buy 1 Atlernity than 5 or 6 deluxes.

19. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I have silver convoy and black Megs. Convoy is cool but his short stubby arms are a little bit annoying. And those armblasters look more like back-up weapons, he should have had an Ion cannon or an axe. But all-in-all, he is pretty cool.
    Megs is a thing of pure beuty though. I love his Samurai look and his bitchin' swords, VERY cool! The Black/red Megs accentuates the samurai look/armour more than the silver or blue imo, but I have only seen the other ones online so I don't know for sure.

But yeah, they are expensive. But to me they are worth it. I want to get some more. At least blue megs and the seekers. Maybe even all the Alternity releases if I go mental enough.

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits: