Minor/Repaint: Alternity Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Sabrina_Ng, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Hellooo!!!

Ok. I'm am freaking excited about this custom. Anyway, he's been modded with Gundam fists. The fists was initially loose so I dropped liquid cement to tighten it. He was also given an Energon sword and Energon shield. WHy? To match Fairlady Megs (lOVE ThAT NAMe!!) later on. With this, Prime is able to go with hand in hand combat with Megs later on!!! (Gundam battles anyone?)

Sorry for the glowy pics. I used the Bloom function on my Photoscape editor as the original pics looked black?! So I used the bloom function randomly and realized that it returned the colour back.

Anyway, I wasn't able to pose him very freely. He kept falling bacK!!!!! Anyone has this problem. He seems to be very back heavy. I hope I didn't fix him wrongly. But when you look at him in person, you'll be forgiven to assume that he's made entirely out of metal. I love this guy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

That be no energon sword and shield! That be Sword Strike Gundam' Schwert Gewehr sword and Gundam Double X's Shield!

Nah, in all seriousness, it looks awesome, and i'm really liking the blue. What colour is it? Oh, and i heard there is a lot of paint rub on this figure, how'd you get around that?

3. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that looks great. Is he really that shade of red or is that the editing?

JL

4. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Ahahahahah!! Really??! It all looks the same to me! Well, i used the Tamiya blade to carve some slices of plastic out. Not sure where. But when transforming, I kinda cheated a bit. Heheh. I removed the thighs so that there's less mass in the car. There are some chips along the window edges that I didn't dare to sand as there was the clear window plastic nearby. But if you know the transformation at the back of your hands, it should be ok to transform without chipping. Though I wouldn't recommend transforming mine too many times though. That blue is just tamiya clear over silver. I lightened it as opposed to the head colour.

5. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Yeap. He's exactly that shade. I went for my usual deep shade of metallic red. I edited the picture till the photos reflect the colour of the actual toy.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Looks really nice. I am debating what to do with mine, any suggestions? Love the finish of the red and his alt mode. Mine too had problems with the back falling downward, I took aparts the joints at his hips and made those ratcheting joints better, should do the trick for you. Also, how do the gundam hands fit? I plan to swap mine as well, but what about alt mode? is there room for them?

7. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I Also got this robot, awesome in itself, to me, it's just became my favorite transformers of pretty much all time. Him and Henkei Cyclonus, will be very hard to beat design wise, my opinion.
    Dang this red is awesome, nice work love the shading you give.
    You actually turned a perfect mold into a slick nicely executed repaint
    Even better than it came out of the box... and that is quite hard already!

One thing though... Bah I don't even know how to formulate this right, sorry if I say it wrong, but I mean a little something like that...

I sometimes wish or wonder, if this ain't a race on whom's gonna do what first.

8. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

Awsome.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Lo0ks good Sabsabby :thumb 

Question though....he doesn't alreay come with articulated hands?....I never could tell from the pics.

Non-the-less its still a mighty fine job. If it looked this cool from the get, I might have actually considered getting the set of them for myself.

10. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Damn Girl !!!
    I have not even gotten my Alternity Convoy yet &
    you got to go & pour awesome sauce all over him.

11. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    The colors and paint seem flawless! Have you considdered filling up and sanding all the seamlines? I spot a few on the hands.

iDD

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

nice work

13. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

A work of art. Too nice! Seriously you are making everyone else look bad.

14. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

I don't often use the word "beautiful" to describe something...

That = beautiful.

15. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Why don;t you do a black convoy? It wont be out till May I think. That should bring some nice traffic in :p 

And woah. I didn't know that you could modify the hip joints. I'll probably take a look at the spare silver and tinker around a lil. Also, the gundam hands had to be enlarged slightly at the ball joints. I used tamiya cement and dripped a bit over them till it was large and nice enough to fit the socket without too much loose ends. And yeap. The hands should fit nicely. I'm not 100% sure though as i didnt fit the hands in during transformation. Hehe. I usually unassemble them and use only what's necessary to form the car so that I minimize unnecessary chips and touch-ups.

16. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Hey Franky west! By the way, those 3M tapes kickass! But I had to unstickify them first though. It was a bit too sticky and pulled some drybrushed paint off.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I know that you always mean well in whatever comments that you make. For me personally, I am trying to clear as many customs as I can as I will be starting work within the next 3 weeks or so. I've more or less gotten a full time job. So my time for this little hobby will greatly be reduced. Also, I've had this Alternity for almost a month now. Was really itching to see it repainted. Japanese toys always reach Singapore pretty fast.

And I'm kinda tired of doing my henkei line so..yeah. had to get it out. SOrry if it seems like what you mentioned. I know that it's not a very nice thing to be doing as such in this close community.

17. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    woah! Hey! Thanks Grimlockams prime!!!

pLoWkinG!!! Hullooooo! Well, it's sad but ALternity Prime came with just a solid pair of fixed fists. It does look articulated from the pics though.

But my custom aside, YOU SHOULD GET IT!!!!! @-@'''
    Personally, it's like the coolest toy ever since THS-01! I got addicted transforming him back and forth while trying to understand it better.

Heya. Hmm.. :(  Hehe. I'm just kinda lucky. Japanese toys just hit our shores like a tsunami. And sometimes, I could get certain lines from the retail stores. eg. Henkei and Binaltech.

18. Sabrina_Ng

Ebay:
    Heya iDarkDesign. There may be some chips due to transformation I think. Havent touch up those parts yet. I do sand the connection lines and all, but I also may have missed a spot or two. Will usually touch those areas after a day or 2.

Thanks!

Oh dear...:( 

hey, thanks for the kind words. reaLLy glad that you like it.

19. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Amazing!!

20. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

I didn't mean it in a bad way, really. It's just i feel a bit of overflow, but yet, your paint is awesome, just seeing it, makes me want to paint alot too.
    Let me pull it straight. I wish I has as much time to work on my stuff too!
    Dont be sorry ;)  you can tell me off too :p 

And if anybody feels insulted by my comments... well you shouldn't be, it's called critism. I can't wait to get my custom out and hear what you all have to say.

keep on the good work. I respect alot the fact that you started something here. Don't mind me too much ;) 
    Ohh i'm sorry that they tore the paint away... this you sand the surface first?